Which Oil Filter Relocation Kit do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The only issue I could see is if you mounted it sideways above the engine where it would drain back to the pan when the engine is off.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Theoretically that shouldn’t be an issue if the anti drainback valve is operating properly. Lots of cars have filters horizontal above the oil pan and some even upside down

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did mine for less hassle and to aid in cooler oil as i installed mine in direct airflow. I noticed my oil stays about 6° (204°) cooler around town and about 3° (212°) cooler highway for extended periods of time.

Thanks....I've not heard of folks doing this until I stumbled onto this thread.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you can find a top in filter mount then I don’t see why it would be bad. Less bends the better. I wanted a top in mount but couldn’t find one in the stock filter size.

Kind of curious on why you wanted the metric filter housing,wouldn't the more common 3/4-16 thread pitch filters be just as wise if not wiser.You can always find a PH8 style filter even in the middle of nowhere,while the metric filter can be harder to find

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Kind of curious on why you wanted the metric filter housing,wouldn't the more common 3/4-16 thread pitch filters be just as wise if not wiser.You can always find a PH8 style filter even in the middle of nowhere,while the metric filter can be harder to find
Can't argue that if the engine woke up dead that the filter was the cause if you used the stock filter

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a few extra of the filters. May switch out down the road to the 3/4” filter as the ph8 is larger and I will want a cleaner style filter mount instead of what I have but I wanted to stay factory filter for now

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I bought a few extra of the filters. May switch out down the road to the 3/4” filter as the ph8 is larger and I will want a cleaner style filter mount instead of what I have but I wanted to stay factory filter for now
Same here.
Have you noticed any change in oil pressure since you moved it?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here.
Have you noticed any change in oil pressure since you moved it?
About 3psi across the board. Running 5w30 I’m at 37psi hot idle and 51psi hot running. 56psi cold idle. Not sure though as I did switch from redline to PUP same time. Idk if I lost any from the different oil

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
About 3psi across the board. Running 5w30 I’m at 37psi hot idle and 51psi hot running. 56psi cold idle. Not sure though as I did switch from redline to PUP same time. Idk if I lost any from the different oil
And that's with the stock filter or larger one?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I didn't see the 1/2 pipe thread to flare nut fittings that screw into the adapters on your list, are the included with the 10AN hose fittings or did you buy them at a local store?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did not use flare fitting adapters. I purchased -10 an hose to 1/2” npt thread fittings

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did not use flare fitting adapters. I purchased -10 an hose to 1/2” npt thread fittings
Ok. I just looked at them on Summits site. They swivel? I wouldn't trust them. There nust be a O ring sealing that which could start to leak eventually as they vibrate. There was a comment on the site from someone that said one of them leaked from the start so he ordered another which was ok so that worries me.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. I just looked at them on Summits site. They swivel? I wouldn't trust them. There nust be a O ring sealing that which could start to leak eventually as they vibrate. There was a comment on the site from someone that said one of them leaked from the start so he ordered another which was ok so that worries me.
You can order a different brand but they all swivel. It’s all up to you. Your truck your parts. Or just stick to the factory filter mount and never have to worry about it

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You can order a different brand but they all swivel. It’s all up to you. Your truck your parts. Or just stick to the factory filter mount and never have to worry about it
I thought the flarenut kind once tightened were rigid. Just curious, with your fittings now that they're mounted to the adapter can the hose still swivel some?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought the flarenut kind once tightened were rigid. Just curious, with your fittings now that they're mounted to the adapter can the hose still swivel some?
Yes they still swivel. They’re not flared connection fittings. If they didn’t swivel you wouldn’t be able to line everything up

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes they still swivel. They’re not flared connection fittings. If they didn’t swivel you wouldn’t be able to line everything up
Thanks for the info. Im looking forward to relocating mine. Between that and the fumoto valve the hardest part of changing my oil will be opening the beer..
.:cheers:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. Im looking forward to relocating mine. Between that and the fumoto valve the hardest part of changing my oil will be opening the beer..
.:cheers:
Yea. I’m ready for my next oil change. I’ve had the drain valve since my first change. I love it. Now the relocated filter. It’ll be a piece of cake