Which Oil Filter Relocation Kit do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Parts are ordered. The oil filter & engine adapters won't ship until the 10 of May.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8B4CAA1E-16FA-432C-94DA-8FAE4D98E5E3.jpeg Well to say the least I’m frustrated. I noticed I’ve acquired a small oil drip. Does not look like it’s coming from the fittings. It looks like it’s coming from the filter seal. I tried changing the filter and still leaks. The frame has oil mist on it as well so it’s spraying ever so slightly. I noticed a few drops on my driveway. Looks like I may be removing this filter relocation kit for the time being till I figure out what I want to do. May try a different remote mount bracket in the larger filter size and run some new hoses and fittings down the road. Didn’t notice this till about 300 miles after install. I’m at 500 miles now on the kit. Notice the oil on the tow hook bracket

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 164255 Well to say the least I’m frustrated. I noticed I’ve acquired a small oil drip. Does not look like it’s coming from the fittings. It looks like it’s coming from the filter seal. I tried changing the filter and still leaks. The frame has oil mist on it as well so it’s spraying ever so slightly. I noticed a few drops on my driveway. Looks like I may be removing this filter relocation kit for the time being till I figure out what I want to do. May try a different remote mount bracket in the larger filter size and run some new hoses and fittings down the road. Didn’t notice this till about 300 miles after install. I’m at 500 miles now on the kit. Notice the oil on the tow hook bracket

I'm running the Trans Dapt 1127 kit on mine,with upgraded -10 Performance World fittings and hose.I know Kurtis/Charonblk has the same kit on his truck,and neither of us has had any problems with oil leakage,either at the fittings on at both adapters.My kit has been on for 3 years now and has a little over 25,000 miles on it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Trans-Dapt-1127-Oil-Filter-Relocation/dp/B000CQ47OM

https://www.performance-world.com/Twist-Lok-Hose-Ends-s/1930.htm

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the Trans Dapt 1127 kit on mine,with upgraded -10 Performance World fittings and hose.I know Kurtis/Charonblk has the same kit on his truck,and neither of us has had any problems with oil leakage,either at the fittings on at both adapters.My kit has been on for 3 years now and has a little over 25,000 miles on it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Trans-Dapt-1127-Oil-Filter-Relocation/dp/B000CQ47OM
Yea I may order the new remote filter mount and hose and fittings since current hose won’t be long enough with a new mount. And yours is the 3/4-16 filters. I may just purchase a 3/4-16 mount and filter as the xg8a is larger than the xg2 I’m running now

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yea I may order the new remote filter mount and hose and fittings since current hose won’t be long enough with a new mount. And yours is the 3/4-16 filters. I may just purchase a 3/4-16 mount and filter as the xg8a is larger than the xg2 I’m running now

I run the biggest RP filter I can buy on mine,i'd get the number,but we're in a full tilt blizzard right now,and I don't feel like stomping through snow to get at my truck,lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

If I was doing another relocation kit,i'd look harder at Trans Dapts dual remote filter mount.I used to run the dual filter set-up on my old 68Z 35 years ago,and sort of kick my ass for not going that way again on this truck

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I was doing another relocation kit,i'd look harder at Trans Dapts dual remote filter mount.I used to run the dual filter set-up on my old 68Z 35 years ago,and sort of kick my ass for not going that way again on this truck
Why dual? Just curious as to the benefit.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Why dual? Just curious as to the benefit.

Twice the capacity and filter media . I also think it'll bring the oil temps down a bit more then the single filter set-up does.I'm not a fan of high oil temps,and prefer to keep them around or just under the 200F mark,with-out having to run a pressure dropping oil cooler set-up.Guys have bought into the theory of having to boil the water out of the oil with temps of 212 or higher,i don't believe in that theory,as I operate on the theory water evaporates pretty damn quick at 195,and will also boil at 195 if you're high enough up in altitude,lol

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Twice the capacity and filter media . I also think it'll bring the oil temps down a bit more then the single filter set-up does.I'm not a fan of high oil temps,and prefer to keep them around or just under the 200F mark,with-out having to run a pressure dropping oil cooler set-up.Guys have bought into the theory of having to boil the water out of the oil with temps of 212 or higher,i don't believe in that theory,as I operate on the theory water evaporates pretty damn quick at 195,and will also boil at 195 if you're high enough up in altitude,lol
Where mine is mounted it’s in direct airflow and stays around 206 city. If I upgrade to the xg8a it’ll be a little cooler still. I’m not super worried about more capacity or filter media as I’m going to change the filter every 10k with oil changes and with this setup it already take 7.5 qts

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Where mine is mounted it’s in direct airflow and stays around 206 city. If I upgrade to the xg8a it’ll be a little cooler still. I’m not super worried about more capacity or filter media as I’m going to change the filter every 10k with oil changes and with this setup it already take 7.5 qts

Mine runs between 198 to about 201 just cruising around ,if i'm laying into it,it'll run a bit higher. I change oil in mine every 5,000 miles,lol.Cheaper to buy oil and filter then an engine,lol.And i'm in Canada where an oil change with 5w-30 Redline and RP filter will rock you're boat,i run both the wifes 2016 Challenger and my truck on 5W-30 Redline,so I hate oil changes,they lighten my wallet by a whole lot,but I believe in preventive maintenance and doing regular oil changes at 5,000 miles,lol

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine runs between 198 to about 201 just cruising around ,if i'm laying into it,it'll run a bit higher. I change oil in mine every 5,000 miles,lol.Cheaper to buy oil and filter then an engine,lol.And i'm in Canada where an oil change with 5w-30 Redline and RP filter will rock you're boat,i run both the wifes 2016 Challenger and my truck on 5W-30 Redline,so I hate oil changes,they lighten my wallet by a whole lot,but I believe in preventive maintenance and doing regular oil changes at 5,000 miles,lol
I’m running PUP 5/30. Had redline but it was getting too expensive. The PUP is 30$ for 5qts vs 11$ a qt. I had a uoa done at 6000 and they said try longer.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
0373CFE1-9F85-40B9-B2DE-E01AE3E5B164.jpeg 6FF026E9-BAC9-4665-913F-F9ED1006A10C.jpeg Figured out my oil drip... the threads are not cut straight on the filter mount... filter sits crooked. Just a tad bit but enough to leak I guess. Swapped with a new mount and of course since I’m doing that I upgraded to the xg8A filter for added capacity and turned sideways with a slight angle for ease of draining.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody that has done this, did you have any issues with no oil pressure after you finished? Im getting no oil pressure. Did the Trans-Dapt kit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anybody that has done this, did you have any issues with no oil pressure after you finished? Im getting no oil pressure. Did the Trans-Dapt kit.

You have the hoses hooked up ass backwards."Out" from the filter adapter on the engine goes to "In" on the remote mount,and "Out" from the remote mount goes to "In" on the engine adapter.Reverse the hoses and you'll be good to go.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully you didn’t run for to long with no oil pressure. Sounds like backwards hoses. Make sure you hook it up In to out and out to in. It is not in to in and out to out.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I did not run it for long at all, so reading the instructions I thought I followed it to a t but apparently I didn't so I was doing as suggested to reverse the hoses, and on the remote filter side I couldn't get one out and on the stock filter side I couldn't get a hose out they all twisted on finger tight almost to the end where then I used a wrench to tighten them down so I'm pretty sure they didn't get cross-threaded but two of them would not come off so I had to scrap the whole thing and just go back to my normal filter. I'm kind of thinking the kit is not great quality maybe because the summit racing a n fitting seemed pretty solid but they would not come off at all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No I did not run it for long at all, so reading the instructions I thought I followed it to a t but apparently I didn't so I was doing as suggested to reverse the hoses, and on the remote filter side I couldn't get one out and on the stock filter side I couldn't get a hose out they all twisted on finger tight almost to the end where then I used a wrench to tighten them down so I'm pretty sure they didn't get cross-threaded but two of them would not come off so I had to scrap the whole thing and just go back to my normal filter. I'm kind of thinking the kit is not great quality maybe because the summit racing a n fitting seemed pretty solid but they would not come off at all.

I'm guessing you installed the fittings dry with no Teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads if you couldn't back them out after tightening them.Odds are you galled the threads on install if you didn't cross thread the fittings,if that's the case you'll never get them back out.Why not cut the hoses off the fittings and reverse the hoses,or run new hoses if they're to short after cutting.Sounds like you might of been your own worst enemy on the install,and are now trying to blame the kit lol.Trans Dapt has been building the same basic kits for probably 50+ years now,and there's not very many complaints in that time period.I ran their dual filter kit on my old 68Z way back in the early 80's,and they'd been building filter relocation kits for along time before that.

Last edited:

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm guessing you installed the fittings dry with no Teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads if you couldn't back them out after tightening them.Odds are you galled the threads on install if you didn't cross thread the fittings,if that's the case you'll never get them back out.Why not cut the hoses off the fittings and reverse the hoses,or run new hoses if they're to short after cutting.Sounds like you might of been your own worst enemy on the install,and are now trying to blame the kit lol.Trans Dapt has been building the same basic kits for probably 50+ years now,and there's not very many complaints in that time period.I ran their dual filter kit on my old 68Z way back in the early 80's,and they'd been building filter relocation kits for along time before that.
Yea, you're right. Yesterday was not my day. Screwed the pooch on this one...waste of 200 bucks.... nobody's fault but mine.....great Zep tune!

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

What type of hose fittings did you use that wouldn't come off?