Which tires will not vibrate? 35x12.5r20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What do you mean by cupping? So I installed the lift myself last week. Lift is installed correctly and everything’s tight. I purchased these tires used from a guy I know. Got them cheap that’s why I bought them. Didn’t know about cupping though. These tires have only been on my truck 2 days. I kept my original tires just in case this happened and I guess I’m going back to original for a while.
There's your answer to your issue ...... bought them cheap from a guy. The guy sold them cheap because he was unloading a bunch of crap !

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's your answer to your issue ...... bought them cheap from a guy. The guy sold them cheap because he was unloading a bunch of crap !
^^^ DITTO ^^^ OP: Put your tires back on and/or get all new tires, mounted properly, etc and alignment done.

YUP, and improper rotating and not enuf air pressure or in this case, looks like to much PSI, do it real quick (cupping, and bad quality tires). I actually check the PSI on my AT3W's every 2 weeks with a digital gauge, to make sure proper inflation, but just what I do. All only IMHO .....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
^^^ DITTO ^^^ OP: Put your tires back on and/or get all new tires, mounted properly, etc and alignment done.

YUP, and improper rotating and not enuf air pressure or in this case, looks like to much PSI, do it real quick (cupping, and bad quality tires). I actually check the PSI on my AT3W's every 2 weeks with a digital gauge, to make sure proper inflation, but just what I do. All only IMHO .....
Cupping can also be caused by suspension parts that are worn out not just incorrect psi on the tires ....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cupping can also be caused by suspension parts that are worn out not just incorrect psi on the tires ....
Yeah dat too, lol. I just did not want to get all the way down in the dirt, but buying someone's used tires to put on my truck (my DD), ahhhh, hmmmmmm, interesting experiment for sure.

Hal Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I learned the hard way. When changing things up essentially lifting, always check pinion angles. When the arcs of the ujoints scribe different angles it can definitely cause vibration. I had a bandit trans am I put a Moser rear end in with fiberglass springs different transmission and I tried 7 ways to Sunday to stop it with no luck. I was ready to sell it,I was so ticked off. I sent the whole rear end back to moser to check, checked my new wheels for true hub centric,got a carbon fiber driveshaft,balanced on several machines among other things. Then I stumbled on an article about pinion angles. It worked perfectly. I was on my knees giving thanks afterword. Yours may be fine but it's easy to check. Sorry about the long post but it brought back strong memories.

Danny Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I put a set of Hercules M/t's on my truck. They are a little noisy now not so bad when new. I wanted the Patagonia's but could not get them at the time. They seem to have good traction off road and on the highway. Next time I'll hold out for the Patagonia's.

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you mean by cupping? So I installed the lift myself last week. Lift is installed correctly and everything’s tight. I purchased these tires used from a guy I know. Got them cheap that’s why I bought them. Didn’t know about cupping though. These tires have only been on my truck 2 days. I kept my original tires just in case this happened and I guess I’m going back to original for a while.
How much lift did you install? If it was over 2" you'd messed with the steering geometry.
You need or should get an alignment after a lift.
As somebody else recommended go with the Mickey Thompson baja boss AT.
Or if you want a mud terrain go with the BFG KM3.
And make darn sure they are balanced.

OP
OP
T

Txlonghor1n0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you clearing 35x12.5’s on those factory wheels with no wheel spacers? And you are 2WD, correct?

Truck looks great!
Thanks! Yes these are 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers on the OEM 8” wheel. It’s a 7 inch lift from maxtrac. However, I am currently converting it back down into a 4.5 inch lift. I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

OP
OP
T

Txlonghor1n0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I learned the hard way. When changing things up essentially lifting, always check pinion angles. When the arcs of the ujoints scribe different angles it can definitely cause vibration. I had a bandit trans am I put a Moser rear end in with fiberglass springs different transmission and I tried 7 ways to Sunday to stop it with no luck. I was ready to sell it,I was so ticked off. I sent the whole rear end back to moser to check, checked my new wheels for true hub centric,got a carbon fiber driveshaft,balanced on several machines among other things. Then I stumbled on an article about pinion angles. It worked perfectly. I was on my knees giving thanks afterword. Yours may be fine but it's easy to check. Sorry about the long post but it brought back strong memories.
Yeah I installed a carrier bearing drop down bracket but 7 inches is still extreme. I have a 2 piece drive shaft and they’re a couple of degrees off of each other at 7 inches. That’s being said.. I removed a pillow block off the back end yesterday and I’m reinstalling my OEM shocks tomorrow. Essentially lowering the truck from 7 inches back down to 4.5 inches. It solved the driveshaft issue.

OP
OP
T

Txlonghor1n0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s the truck after lowering the rear back down. I’ll post the front complete after I finish tomorrow. The angle was just too close for comfort for me at 7 inches. I like this better. Also at 7 inches this would barely fit in my standard 7 feet tall garage! It cleared in by about 4mm. If I pulled in too fast I would of scraped. Lowering it down a few “ will eliminate me having to be so careful pulling in and out. 6751ED58-ADB7-4882-B8FA-C3707DBC4C3E.jpeg2104AD33-C6CF-44DB-A276-215267BC0FE5.jpeg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Here’s the truck after lowering the rear back down. I’ll post the front complete after I finish tomorrow. The angle was just too close for comfort for me at 7 inches. I like this better. Also at 7 inches this would barely fit in my standard 7 feet tall garage! It cleared in by about 4mm. If I pulled in too fast I would of scraped. Lowering it down a few “ will eliminate me having to be so careful pulling in and out. View attachment 499375View attachment 499374
I think dropping it is a good idea, driveshaft issues and the like...

I spy a Viper in the stable there...NICE!

OP
OP
T

Txlonghor1n0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think dropping it is a good idea, driveshaft issues and the like...

I spy a Viper in the stable there...NICE!
Haha good eye! A 2004. Great car. The truck drives much better at 4.5 inches. It also clears the 35 inch tires with no rubbing.

Attachments

• B0601D7D-0FAD-4FFE-ACC6-2B2A23242B91.jpeg
    B0601D7D-0FAD-4FFE-ACC6-2B2A23242B91.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 08067757-494D-4220-AAAE-2EFC8CF56CA5.jpeg
    08067757-494D-4220-AAAE-2EFC8CF56CA5.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 91322AE5-4CB1-40E8-A7C5-D949671013ED.jpeg
    91322AE5-4CB1-40E8-A7C5-D949671013ED.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 8

TheRamdalorian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That guy screwed you, bro. Those tires are only 200 a piece anyway brand new. Check out Milestar Patagonia m/t. I paid 1500 for a whole set of 37s and they're excellent. SUPER quiet, quietest tire I've run because of their design. They are a crowned tire, so they're designed to have a little curve on top. You do not want the tire resting flat on the pavement. Rotate them every 3-5k miles and you're good to go. Best quietest tire I've ever run, quieter than the stock FIrestones this newest Ram came with.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01