Whos runnin a cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
dont know **** about them except i really want one. i have been reading up on some other peoples install trying to find the best one for our trucks. i need to get a hold of my old hacker buddy and have him breach the dodge computer. custom tunes for all

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
bullet has one he will chime in .

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
they were until i came along and defied all logic ;) the only thing you cant do on an 03 is adjust the idle, which isnt always a problem. It can be compensated by doing other things, like lowering fuel trims at idle.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pad $450 for the cam, $250 for the custom tuning, and it was done by Marty at KRC Performance via emailed DSP tunes. He nailed it first try. Havent needed any tweaks, although i'll probably send him some datalogs just to see what he thinks.

fyi, Marty just got deployed to the sandbox, so he wont be tuning for a while. someone else will be that is just as good (so he says).

Yeah man if you wanna do a cam, im happy to come install it for you. im cheap -- ask silverbullet lol

CowboyKyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It won't be for awhile so maybe he'll be back by then. Before I even start flirting with the idea of a cam, I HAVE to finish this solid axle swap. Only one thing at a time.
I've read that a "260 cam" would be best for my application: more low end, flatter power curve.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
depends on how aggressive you wanna go. the 260 cam is the second best "mild" cam that can be tuned with a canned tune. It is just behind a sidewinder. Of course, if you go custom grind there is a world of options out there.

If you wanna go custom tuned, the 260 will leave you desperately wanting more.

CowboyKyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
depends on how aggressive you wanna go. the 260 cam is the second best "mild" cam that can be tuned with a canned tune. It is just behind a sidewinder. Of course, if you go custom grind there is a world of options out there.

If you wanna go custom tuned, the 260 will leave you desperately wanting more.

Well what would you suggest? Have you seen my build thread? Do you know what I'm using my truck for? It's certainly not red light to red light, or 1/4 mile stuff. Most of my time will be spent in low range or at least below 20-40mph where a quick snap of the throttle would need enough torque/power to get me over the obstacle. I'm certainly open to suggestions as I was beginning to research an 04/05 ECM swap.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I havent seen your build thread, but i'll find it and look at it.

I dont wanna sway you toward one cam or another, because im only one opinion. I'll tell you why I went with the 210 though. It has the most torque increase of any cam that will go in the hemi engine. Marty said it has a gain of almost 90 lb ft over stock if i remember correctly. I dont have a track truck, nor do i want a track truck. If I did, the first thing i'd be doing is removing the 35's. I need a LOT of torque (as do you with your 37's) to get this heavy truck moving as quick as possibly. The KRC 210 has a very aggressive torque curve, and it hits max torque at around 4000 rpms. Its power band is between 2500-5000 rpms, which is perfect for me, because of what i use the truck for (playin around on the street, occasional red light drags if anyone wants to challenge me). The cam is extremely strong at low speeds also.

By the way, there is also roughly a 50 hp gain with it.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your intentions are to go custom tune, then I would definately be looking at a 210x.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had a crazyjay and some ported and polished heads in the works until my tranny blew up. then had to get the wife a new car.... so the mod funds are shot for a while.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am running a sidewinder cam with canned sc tuning. Runs pretty damn good for a canned tune.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Im running a Spartan on a 6.1 regrind so its a topend cam. Ran ok on stock computer but ended up going cust tunes through SCT. Thinking about either degreeing it or leaving well enough alone because im thinking if it aint broke dont fix it. Loads of topend power and will rev way past what my truck can handle ( im shifting on the colum at 6200).

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Will have a 268 in hopefully end of the month. Seems like everytime I get a chance to get it something comes up that blows $500 out of my wallet at lest once a month (and Im not talkin about my wife)