Will a hard code clear on its own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Blaze

Reaction score
So I've been chasing code P219B for a couple of weeks now.My mechanic found what he thought was the issue and still could have been the issue!He found an intake Manifold leak on the passenger side which is where the code was coming from I was hearing a slight type of Exhaust leak so I was thinking this is what was causing my code before he dove into it!With that being said he fixed the leak and the code came back so even though the intake manifold was leaking and needed to be fixed I thought we were back to the drawing board until this morning when I started my truck and no more check engine light I have not brought my truck back down to my mechanic yet to put the scanner on it but is it possible that this code cleared itself I thought it would not come back after the repair and when it reared its ugly head he said to drive it another 100 miles or so and maybe it will kick another code to point us in the right direction with having only the one code.I hit about 75 miles today since the work was done and no more light.Have any of you guys had a hard code such as this stand alone code kick on then kick off a a little time later after doing a repair.

I really thought it was the intake manifold until the light kicked on again but now its off so I'm thinking it could have been the intake manifold all along!What are your guys thoughts?

Thanks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
look up hard reset if the code isnt clearing.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I've had your exact issue and fix. I've shared it multiple times with this forum to others.

Mine just came back after 2 ish years.

My thoughts on the cause are simple. Vibration over time causes those bolts to rattle lose. Especially on lifted trucks. Same with valve covers, exhaust bolts etc. Although ARP bolt replacements withstand vibration. Zero issue with my header bolts rattling free or breaking.

I just need new bolts and gaskets for the valve covers. Tired of seeing that small amount of oil that seeps out on the back side of the driver side head.