Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will pcm flash correct limp mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rajman, May 18, 2020.

1. Rajman

Rajman Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7L
    I have done several upgrades to my 2011 ram 2500 diesel including finally a H&S tuner. I had originally tried a diablosport predator 2 which put it into limp mode as it could not overwrite some of the exhaust codes. My question is if I return the truck to stock mode will a pcm flash get rid of the limp mode so I can retuned with the H&S?

2. Dennis Shellito

Dennis Shellito Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins IBS
    I think it probably will, and the good thing is it won't hurt anything. After the stock PCM flash you will need to go through your MM install to reload the H&S tune to run the deleted. Good Luck, and let us know if it cured your limp poblem.

On another subject, you should seriously consider getting a custom tune for your H&S as the box tune will chip away at the head gasket due to advanced turbo timing. Some guys don't have HG trouble with the H&S tune because they don't tow with their truck. I retuned mine from the Mini to a single EZlynk tow tune after I lost the HG, which is HG safer. Just a heads up.

3. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel