Window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very nice... something about white with tint. Definitely put the final touch on my coupe. Do want to get The Ram tinted too 05D2A908-A810-4D48-BC59-EFD5E1607AD1.jpeg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I made the mistake of telling them legal; tint all around...which made rear darker, front doors less...so now I have to go back in and have front doors darkened.

20190309_180811.jpg

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is legal! Front lighter than back

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Understand, but we don't have strict laws. I want front to match back.

Rob_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with 35% in front and a 5% windshield banner. No pics yet of the tint but I’ll post what I do have. This is from when i swapped my chrome bumpers out for black ones. You can kind of see the tint.

EABD2AC0-7774-4DB6-B2C7-1B8C1DB3CC3A.jpeg

877375DF-399F-4A94-9A99-2DF8655FD4AA.jpeg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
f5e6407ad785b3149aa0c563771de855.jpg

I’m a limo tint guy personally
You are making every cop in America notice you.

Some, you're making so curious, they're gonna stop you.

If that's your deal, OK, enjoy! Not for me.

I've played this game from both sides. It can go sideways on you real quick.

I just want to be invisible now. And if you carry, you should re-think your tint %.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I just want to be invisible now. And if you carry, you should re-think your tint %.

17 years of limo tint my friend. As long as I’m not doing anything else stupid they have no reason to pull me over. In my neighborhood alone there are 3 cops and 2 troopers, and 3 days a week I’m usually in front of or behind a cop. If I’m speeding and doing stupid stuff I’m sure they will add onto that ticket. Heck I was parked in a pack of them last week in traffic I want to say 4 of them behind me, no issues.

I’ll bet money there are more members than less with lower than legal that have never had an issue. I appreciate the input. Coming from a LEO family it’s not about the little things that get you in trouble.

I know there are some states that have zero tolerance for that, as some city’s that have higher crime rates. I’m certain if I moved to a different area I’d have to strip it.

Also thank you for your service, both parents were LEO and prior USMC.

dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Automatic PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
17 years of limo tint my friend. As long as I’m not doing anything else stupid they have no reason to pull me over. In my neighborhood alone there are 3 cops and 2 troopers, and 3 days a week I’m usually in front of or behind a cop. If I’m speeding and doing stupid stuff I’m sure they will add onto that ticket. Heck I was parked in a pack of them last week in traffic I want to say 4 of them behind me, no issues.

I’ll bet money there are more members than less with lower than legal that have never had an issue. I appreciate the input. Coming from a LEO family it’s not about the little things that get you in trouble.

I know there are some states that have zero tolerance for that, as some city’s that have higher crime rates. I’m certain if I moved to a different area I’d have to strip it.

Also thank you for your service, both parents were LEO and prior USMC.
Hope your streak continues!

Yeah, I was referencing the only state I know. Very strict in Jersey, especially us "city cops". Can't see anything when you approach a car. Very unnerving, every single time.

Didn't realize you were in FL. Much more lenient there. Even your "legal" is illegal in Jersey (registered in NJ).

My folks moved to AZ 20 yrs ago. I think Dad (Ret LEO 34 yrs) just painted the windows black! LOL. Sun's a *****.
I'm getting "Big White" done to Tennessee legal max.

Again, I legally carry 2 guns on my person. Always. I want as little interaction with these young, indoctrinated troopers as possible. The profession isn't what it was 30 or 40 yrs ago.

Much thanks to your family as well.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope your streak continues!

Yeah, I was referencing the only state I know. Very strict in Jersey, especially us "city cops". Can't see anything when you approach a car. Very unnerving, every single time.

Didn't realize you were in FL. Much more lenient there. Even your "legal" is illegal in Jersey (registered in NJ).

My folks moved to AZ 20 yrs ago. I think Dad (Ret LEO 34 yrs) just painted the windows black! LOL. Sun's a *****.
I'm getting "Big White" done to Tennessee legal max.

Again, I legally carry 2 guns on my person. Always. I want as little interaction with these young, indoctrinated troopers as possible. The profession isn't what it was 30 or 40 yrs ago.

Much thanks to your family as well.

Yup, if in any case I’m pulled over all windows down hands on the wheel. Have 2 on me, 1 carry 1 console. One thing I don’t need to do is trigger a rookie. I’ve heard thousands of stories from my parents and I won’t be one of them. People are crazy!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yup, if in any case I’m pulled over all windows down hands on the wheel. Have 2 on me, 1 carry 1 console. One thing I don’t need to do is trigger a rookie. I’ve heard thousands of stories from my parents and I won’t be one of them. People are crazy!
They're scared. And rightfully so. Much larger % of people have far less respect for life now-a-days. They'll kill you for $4. And not think twice about it.

I'm gonna add to what you do. Guy did this when I stopped him at night, 35 yrs ago and I never, ever forgot it.

Turn vehicle OFF
Interior lights ON
Radio turned OFF
Keys removed from ignition, hung on a finger and fingers interlaced while resting on door.

Here's what I saw...
He wasn't gonna run, he shut it down.
He wasn't hiding anything
He wasn't holding anything but keys
I could see inside the vehicle
His fingers were interlaced so, he couldn't reach for me.

He put me at ease.
He produced credentials.
I told him he had a brake light out and that he could take off. Just wanted him to know. At that time, he told me he was an off duty cop. I had no idea when I cut him loose.

I have done all these things whenever I've been stopped for the past 35 yrs. It mattered that much to me.
NO mistakes, no accidents, no, I thought I saw...........Everybody goes home again.
Common sense, common decency. The job sucks these days.