Best Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't love my Icons. I was driving in the rain the other day and they were chattering across my windshield. I loved the original blades with the orange rain x washer fluid. If it wasn't for the rubber coming apart after two years on the drivers side, I would still be running them

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't love my Icons. I was driving in the rain the other day and they were chattering across my windshield. I loved the original blades with the orange rain x washer fluid. If it wasn't for the rubber coming apart after two years on the drivers side, I would still be running them

Is that the only set you’ve tried before? Have you had success with other Icons? You probly just got a bad set. Happened to me once. I probly coulda pursued it from Bosch and maybe got them to send me some replacements for free or somethin’ but I never did. I just cleaned them a couple times with a little bit of alcohol and ran them until I got tired of cleaning them and bought some new ones.

You coulda had a nasty film on your windshield causing extra friction caused that chattering too. Had that happen to me as well, probably from using cheap blades for a very long time. Had to use a paper towel with ether on it(that was all I had) to clean it off. Worked for s couple hours until it went back to chattering. Ended up replacing them and the chattering stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that the only set you’ve tried before? Have you had success with other Icons? You probly just got a bad set. Happened to me once. I probly coulda pursued it from Bosch and maybe got them to send me some replacements for free or somethin’ but I never did. I just cleaned them a couple times with a little bit of alcohol and ran them until I got tired of cleaning them and bought some new ones.

You coulda had a nasty film on your windshield causing extra friction caused that chattering too. Had that happen to me as well, probably from using cheap blades for a very long time. Had to use a paper towel with ether on it(that was all I had) to clean it off. Worked for s couple hours until it went back to chattering. Ended up replacing them and the chattering stopped.

Anything is possible but the windshield is clean as I just washed the truck myself, and I always wipe down the blade when I'm washing the truck. I usually replace with Anco 31 series blades but I wanted something more sporty looking like the factory blades.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the correct p/n for the OEM blades

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the correct p/n for the OEM blades

I don't know off hand but there are actually 3 different "levels" of Mopar blades apparently. I believe it goes like this, value line, Magneti Marelli, and then OEM. So you have to be careful if you are buying them online and don't physically see which blade you are getting.

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
55277446AB part number should be oem. value line is Magneti Marelli which is the cheaper stuff part number wb000022am

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
55277446AB part number should be oem. value line is Magneti Marelli which is the cheaper stuff part number wb000022am

Thanks, but the pic of 55277446AB doesn’t look like my factory blades, mine are more aerodynamic and look more like ICONs.

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe call the dealer and give them the VIN and see what part number they come up with. If you find out it is different please post that part number. thanks

Reactions: JB1

RedRam55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Refills are great except in winter states........ice clogs them suckers up quicker than grease in a straw....
switched to 24 inch michelins so far so good ......still have the bosch as back up.i

Why would refills clog in winter states? I live in South Dakota and have had no trouble. Maybe you misunderstood what the refill is. It is nothing more that the rubber piece you slide in after sliding the old rubber out. It has nothing to do with the rest of the blade assembly shape or size. It merely replaces the rubber part. On the Jeep, the OEM blades assemblies are still there, I just renew the rubber.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Why would refills clog in winter states? I live in South Dakota and have had no trouble. Maybe you misunderstood what the refill is. It is nothing more that the rubber piece you slide in after sliding the old rubber out. It has nothing to do with the rest of the blade assembly shape or size. It merely replaces the rubber part. On the Jeep, the OEM blades assemblies are still there, I just renew the rubber.
the ice acumilates in the wiper frame, making it stiff as a board. When that happens the ice then builds under the wiper rubber making it a swiping mass of ice......happens quick from what I've seen......the one piece wipers are less prone to the occurence.....I have't seen refills fo the wipers I have, my bad.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the kind of wiper blade refills that RedRam55 meant in his post #76 was for the Mopar version of the Bosch Icons which, I didn’t think you could replace the wiper part itself on those. Maybe they don’t want us to know that on them expensive blades....[emoji12]

But yeah, pretty much what rocket said here and here is true about regular blades clogging up and freezing solid like there’s no tomorrow. That’s why we have winter blades and the all season fixed blades.

RedRam55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes, what he said..... The refills for the Jeep use the same wiper blade housings, you can just replace the rubber strip (refill). They are the enclosed types.

When I took apart the OEM RAM wipers, which look just like the Icons, the rubber for the Jeep slides in the same housing. It is a little bit of a pain to get the Icons apart though. The Jeep you can just squeeze one end of the rubber strip and it slides out. The Icons you have to remove the end caps, then the plastic trim, then you can get the rubber slid out.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe call the dealer and give them the VIN and see what part number they come up with. If you find out it is different please post that part number. thanks

Looks like that number is correct but there must have been a revision because it’s 55277446AC now not AB, thanks again

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking on Amazon to get new Icon blades for winter and of course their site seems inaccurate - says the 22B fits (passenger side) but not 22A? Price is pretty good for Icons, $19.99 each.

Also the Bosch web page says 22A is not compatible either?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

Yeah kinda like buying new tires for the truck! And not having to buy wheels cause we already got em.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking on Amazon to get new Icon blades for winter and of course their site seems inaccurate - says the 22B fits (passenger side) but not 22A? Price is pretty good for Icons, $19.99 each.

Also the Bosch web page says 22A is not compatible either?

When I bought my Icons at my local O’reily’s, I just went off the Bosch website for size recommendation because I couldn’t get their little electronic doohickey on the shelf in the parts store to tell me which blades I needed and mine work great.

Mine’s a 2018 Ram and to my knowledge, the wiper sizes have been that for Rams in the Icons for quite some time now.
08cb592e32cd2abe22b342d6cd205cc7.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know about that - my wife said she would like it if I had 2" longer!

Man, that’s cold. It’s not how deep you fish, it’s how you wiggle your worm....[emoji6]