Wireless ign. module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Needing to replace the wireless ign. module in my truck 2011 3500, any one found a "reasonable" dealer or vender to work with? my local stealerships are asking $500+ for the module, $100 per key fob and a extra $75 to program the fobs, and both told me they needed the truck a full day to do it, I was like program the module / keys and give it to me I will take the kick panel off, 4 screws for the module, unplug old, plug in new and put it in and be on my way, noooooo out techs have to perform the install.....more $
Thanks, and BTW loving this site so far

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It's cheaper to buy a factory remote start. They run about $250-280

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Needing to replace the wireless ign. module in my truck 2011 3500, any one found a "reasonable" dealer or vender to work with? my local stealerships are asking $500+ for the module, $100 per key fob and a extra $75 to program the fobs, and both told me they needed the truck a full day to do it, I was like program the module / keys and give it to me I will take the kick panel off, 4 screws for the module, unplug old, plug in new and put it in and be on my way, noooooo out techs have to perform the install.....more $
Thanks, and BTW loving this site so far
Like 1500ram12 said, just buy the factory remote start kit- https://store.mopar.com/accessories...ies-remote_start/remote_start_82212424AB.html
It already comes with the win module and two fobs. Install the hood latch and wiring yourself, then go to the dealer and tell them to install the module and program the fobs.

OP
OP
T

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input guys, guess only question I would have about the remote starts, is how to they work with the diesel's? as it is now when its cold (not sure about what temp) the grid heater will need to cycle for a few before starting with the key in the on/acc. position before starting, comes in handy sometimes at the ranch when its 10/15 below:eek:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks for the input guys, guess only question I would have about the remote starts, is how to they work with the diesel's? as it is now when its cold (not sure about what temp) the grid heater will need to cycle for a few before starting with the key in the on/acc. position before starting, comes in handy sometimes at the ranch when its 10/15 below:eek:

I believe that it's programmed into the remote start as a 10-15 second delay to allow for the grid heater.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Thanks for the input guys, guess only question I would have about the remote starts, is how to they work with the diesel's?
As stated by @1500ram12 the remote start will pause for the grid heater/glow plugs warm up. My buddies CTD does this as well as my EcoDiesel.
If I had to take a guess, the BCM waits till the warm up cycle is complete before sending the command to start the truck. It does seem to pause longer when the engine is cold

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an issue with mine not letting me return to off so I could remove the key normally on my 2014, I just pulled hard and fobik came out. I bought a new MOPAR WIN for around a hundred bucks. I installed it and left the old one hang by the wires to get to a dealer to have the fobik set up . got to dealer pulled the plug off the old one and plugged in the new one. 60 bucks later both fobiks worked fine. I disassembled the old one and found one of the two wires that go to an electric motor that operates the mechanical lock on the WIN module had come off. I reconnected the wire . I have since had the new WIN act up the same way so I reinstalled the original an all is well again .