ZF 8 speed transmission fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck runs a bit of nitrous,so i use the old style copper plugs in it,and it gets new plugs every season,so i know what you mean,lol.The ones i really hate are the back passenger side plugs under the wire harness,i'd like to get my hands on whoever decided a wire harness has to be that tight to the top of the engine,lol
I hear ya on the wiring harness! For an extra 50 cents of wire, they could have looped it higher up, or something. I used a body panel tool and pried the harness zip tie plug out of it's mounting bracket, so I could push the harness around a bit more.

toni_mahoni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello guys, I had the transmission oil changed on my RAM last week with a mileage of 117.000km. I'm afraid there's not enough oil in the gearbox. How do you check the oil? Horizontally on the stage or do I really have to jack up the RAM at the back? Pan has to be level?
Sry for my not perfect English.

Thank you very much for answers.

2017 RAM 1500 5.7 Sport

Greetings from Germany.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello guys, I had the transmission oil changed on my RAM last week with a mileage of 117.000km. I'm afraid there's not enough oil in the gearbox. How do you check the oil? Horizontally on the stage or do I really have to jack up the RAM at the back? Pan has to be level?
Sry for my not perfect English.

Thank you very much for answers.

2017 RAM 1500 5.7 Sport

Greetings from Germany.
To properly check it,yes you should have the truck jacked up till the transmissions pan rail is level

WSix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to do this with my Tundra. I used a jack as well as jack stands to get it level as I could.