Zone 1.5” + Vararam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Me too lol. I need an intervention, I do this with all my hobbies.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a PSA for all those that are concerned. I have a fresh November 2024 State Inspection.

In a world we live in now with every 3rd rattletrap passing you having a plume of dope smoke coming out the windows, I am certain in the safety, legality and functionality of my immaculately maintained vehicles. Fairly certain that any tractor trailer (or Wrangler missing it fenders with their angry eyes) on the road throws up more spray and debris than any pickup ever could regardless of configuration.
I’d rather eat buffalo wings and nachos in @Wild one ’s 1320 than put fender flares on my perfect paint.
20210423_123720.jpg

My tires stick out too. Never been stopped or questioned about them. Also, as you can see, I too have (near) perfect paint that will never have flares on.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed an Edge 3400 converter Saturday. I did a little video. This was no brake applied. Just punch it. I’m on my 35x12.5 Nitto Recon’s, not my street tires.
I did some logging and need to get that to Hemifever to adjust some parameters on the trans tune.

My next project for the truck is gearing. Debating between grabbing a junkyard 3.92 front diff and new ring/pinion for the rear. I have TruTrac already in it. The other option is the Yukon front kit that replaces the carrier. The have 3.92, 4.10, 4.56. I did the math on ratio:tire size. 4.10 w/35’s is close to 3”92 w/33’s.
The parts cost is close, but labor is different.

Long term, I’ve started looking for a 6.4 block. Goal would be something like a 411 NA stroker.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Installed an Edge 3400 converter Saturday. I did a little video. This was no brake applied. Just punch it. I’m on my 35x12.5 Nitto Recon’s, not my street tires.
I did some logging and need to get that to Hemifever to adjust some parameters on the trans tune.

My next project for the truck is gearing. Debating between grabbing a junkyard 3.92 front diff and new ring/pinion for the rear. I have TruTrac already in it. The other option is the Yukon front kit that replaces the carrier. The have 3.92, 4.10, 4.56. I did the math on ratio:tire size. 4.10 w/35’s is close to 3”92 w/33’s.
The parts cost is close, but labor is different.

Long term, I’ve started looking for a 6.4 block. Goal would be something like a 411 NA stroker.

I'd have to vote 4.10s. I haven't looked at the chart for the 8spd but I can tell you 4.56s in my XJ were the single best upgrade I did. Unless you're really pushing for maximum top end speed.

In my ecodiesel I have 3.55s and I'll be honest I'm contemplating dropping back down to 285 70s vs the 285 75s I have now. It doesn't like to drive around town unless I have tow/haul on and the highway it's always spinning at too low RPM to really pull grades without dropping out of lockup. Granted you're making mega power compared to me but I still feel like gears will just change your truck into an animal.......or you'll just blow the tires off every time you touch the throttle lol

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So here the first legit run…Truck is heavy, 6400lbs-ish with me in it, 100% full of 93, had just filled up. Stock 20x9’s 305/55R20 Kumho Ecsta STX’s.
4wd all the way and I did not load up the converter. Straight dig! It spun all 4 on launch. This was also before final revisions from Hemifever. I am going to run it at the track this spring.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Got Dayum she gets out of her own way

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im still debating it @hodge-xj
I did find my Freedom Offroad track bar loosened up for like the fourth time. Im done with it. Ordering a Core4x4 this week.
Checked mine after seeing this, still nice and tight after 5k miles including plenty of off roading. Did you tighten the four hex grub screws?

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked mine after seeing this, still nice and tight after 5k miles including plenty of off roading. Did you tighten the four hex grub screws?
Yessir! Those are tight and never loosen. I think its the course threads. I can grab it and will flex and pivot even when the 2 big bolts are snugged down. They keep loosening.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I done did it. I bought the gearset and master install kit for the rear. Already have a TruTrac in pumpkin.
Going 3.92. I need source a front diff now, but theyre all over Ebay. Checking LQK and Car-Part regularly.

When I swap, I am going to do new wheel bearings and new CV’s. Just because its all disassembled. No fighting the CV’s removing them, Im not in the rustbelt.
Started a separate saving fund. This time next year I am hoping to be able to buy the MMX 411 motor :)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well, I done did it. I bought the gearset and master install kit for the rear. Already have a TruTrac in pumpkin.
Going 3.92. I need source a front diff now, but theyre all over Ebay. Checking LQK and Car-Part regularly.

When I swap, I am going to do new wheel bearings and new CV’s. Just because its all disassembled. No fighting the CV’s removing them, Im not in the rustbelt.
Started a separate saving fund. This time next year I am hoping to be able to buy the MMX 411 motor :)
You can run it with-out the front diff Craig,till you hunt one up. Just unbolt the diff actuator,leave it plugged in and wrap it up in a couple plastic bags and tie it up out of the way. I haven't had a front diff / front driveshaft or CV's in my truck since it was basically new.You lose about 120 lbs off the front,with 40 lbs of that being rotating axle weight.Dropping everything is good for at least couple tenths at the track. A 12.99 pass sounds way faster then a 13.2/13.3 pass,lol

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can run it with-out the front diff Craig,till you hunt one up. Just unbolt the diff actuator,leave it plugged in and wrap it up in a couple plastic bags and tie it up out of the way. I haven't had a front diff / front driveshaft or CV's in my truck since it was basically new.You lose about 120 lbs off the front,with 40 lbs of that being rotating axle weight.Dropping everything is good for at least couple tenths at the track. A 12.99 pass sounds way faster then a 13.2/13.3 pass,lol
Were you running a drag pack in the rear? Traction?

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Made a big run today…Picked up a a real nice winch bumper from one guy up in MD and muled it to a guy who met me in PA. For this driving, I received a complete factory Sport bumper/assembly in my paint code PS2. Just the cost of my time and $80 in gas.
Im happy.
I still need to get rid of the chrome door handles and i may just paint the rear bumper. Black or PS2 for the handles/bumper…I may just go satin black.