Zone 1.5” + Vararam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I definitely have my sway bar links on the other side of the mount/bar, wonder if there's any difference.
View attachment 517828
You know I originally had them installed that way! Outside on top and inside on the Hellwig. Then ai looked the picture in the destructions. It showed outside/outside. So I redid it and went by the picture!

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just took about a 10mi run on the now fully sprung ICON set up. I am legitimately impressed. Rides much nicer up front. Its maybe 90% as firm as my Bils, but the ICONS seem to have less jarring from manhole covers. I aimed for them haha. Quieter too.
So…I put my whole “old” set up on Marketplace. The whole Bil strut @2.8 and the 1” rear coil spacers

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am into the ICON 2.5’s for $250 and about $12 in bolts/washers. I always buy extra. They had never been mounted!
Im telling ya, Marketplace is prime hunting ground! People buy, buy, buy then never install!

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I cut out my tow hook panels for some LEDs. I picked up a headlight switch w/ fogs, ordered the fog light jumper from Mike, M2Mods. I have a used fog light harness and a new one. The oem harness has a white and a black wire. Which one is hot? Anyone know? Im not a wiring guy, so don’t beat me up lol.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I cut out my tow hook panels for some LEDs. I picked up a headlight switch w/ fogs, ordered the fog light jumper from Mike, M2Mods. I have a used fog light harness and a new one. The oem harness has a white and a black wire. Which one is hot? Anyone know? Im not a wiring guy, so don’t beat me up lol.
@Mpgrimm2 would probably know off the top of his head, a test light or voltmeter would work, or hook them up and send it and see if they work!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Mpgrimm2 would probably know off the top of his head, a test light or voltmeter would work, or hook them up and send it and see if they work!

If it's a genuine mopar bumper harness:

> White w/Yellow stripe wire is positive to left fog
> black is DC Rtn

> White w/Org stripe wire is positive to right fog
> black is DC Rtn

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not that far along to test yet. I could install completely outside the oem system as I have an aftermarket harness/relay/switch. I want to see if I can run it just like oem, just different lights. MpGrimm’s harness is on the way.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i may have discovered a slight problem. I’ve had AlphaOBD since 2018. Also I haven’t needed it since then either. I have it installed on an old company phone, Samsung S7 that I haven’t powered on since ‘19. Its encrypted…My division was sold off in ‘20. No way to retrieve. I do not have any Android devices, Alpha not compatible with Apple. Maybe I will get lucky and the sales codes are already programmed. If not Im sourcing an Android device I guess.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i may have discovered a slight problem. I’ve had AlphaOBD since 2018. Also I haven’t needed it since then either. I have it installed on an old company phone, Samsung S7 that I haven’t powered on since ‘19. Its encrypted…My division was sold off in ‘20. No way to retrieve. I do not have any Android devices, Alpha not compatible with Apple. Maybe I will get lucky and the sales codes are already programmed. If not Im sourcing an Android device I guess.
I think I've seen most people have success with refurbished Amazon fire tablets, but that might need some extra work to get the Google Play Store installed manually. If not, Costco has a few cheaper Samsung Android tablets.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now I am back revisiting the front bumper… @danielmid , you really need to get you an offroad bumper. I will drive up there and help you install it and buy you hamburgers and beer. I would even take that inferior oem bumper/parts off your hands. Just let me know when you buy it.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What a day…Drained and filled the 8hp70 again today. I did refill with Mopar fluid this time. Installed the Core 4x4 rear control arms. That was fun off of jack stands. Im beat up. Long tubes go on 4/23.
Didn't you have the Valvoline Maxlife in before? Why the switch?

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't you have the Valvoline Maxlife in before? Why the switch?
Another one of my finds lol. At cold start with my tune, under low rpm it short-shifts even more than stock and the first time it shifted 2-3 sometimes wasn’t smooth as it used to be. I kept going back to thinking it was due to the viscosity of the two fluids at ambient temp. I couldve been imagining that for all I know. I found 6qts for $75, so I grabbed it.