Zone 6” to 4”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13RamGuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I currently have the Zone 6” lift with 3” coils along with Bils at 2.8 and a rear coil spacer, and I’m looking to drop it down to a 4” lift.

I understand it’s pretty much the same kit besides the strut spacers, so would it be possible to drop my Bils all the way down and use the 6” strut spacer or would I need the 4” from Zone? Obviously I’ll be removing the coil spacer too. Thanks!

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the reason for you to change from 6“ to 4“?

OP
OP
13RamGuy

13RamGuy

Reaction score
What is the reason for you to change from 6“ to 4“?

I’d like to drop down to 35s from 37s, mainly for performance, towing, and so I can fit it in my garage. I live at 7000ft and these heavy 37s aren’t helping me out at all haha

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I want to reduce the amount of lift on my truck. Said no one. EVER. :happy175:

Sorry, I don't have anything productive to add to this thread, I just couldn't help myself from posting the above statement. Carry on!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,
So I currently have the Zone 6” lift with 3” coils along with Bils at 2.8 and a rear coil spacer, and I’m looking to drop it down to a 4” lift.

I understand it’s pretty much the same kit besides the strut spacers, so would it be possible to drop my Bils all the way down and use the 6” strut spacer or would I need the 4” from Zone? Obviously I’ll be removing the coil spacer too. Thanks!

The 6” kit strut spacer is only 5” tall, they use a small preload spacer for additional lift which isn’t used with Bilsteins.

To answer your question yes you can simply set Bilsteins at 0.0 for 5” lift or set to 0.7” for a little more depending on your original rake.

My question is did you add the rear spacer/Bils after having the truck lifted for awhile or right at the beginning?
Did you buy longer rear shocks for the added rear spacer?
Did you add a taller rear bump stop bracket?
What setting is the track bar in the lower hole or upper hole in the bracket at the diff?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the bilsteins are maxed out, just drop them to the lowest perch?

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Would you be able to fit into your garage by dropping down the tire size and staying with your current suspension set up? IMHO, 35s with the 6" kit look really good.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess it depends on the garage door opening, any concrete lip, top trim board thickness, door doesn’t fully open etc. Most are 7ft (84”) but when you subtract for anything mentioned above it could measure less than the full 84”.

He should be about my height and the top of my sharkfin is 85-3/8" so a tire change alone wouldn’t work for me.

OP
OP
13RamGuy

13RamGuy

Reaction score
I want to reduce the amount of lift on my truck. Said no one. EVER. :happy175:
Sorry, I don't have anything productive to add to this thread, I just couldn't help myself from posting the above statement. Carry on!
Extremely helpful, thanks.
The 6” kit strut spacer is only 5” tall, they use a small preload spacer for additional lift which isn’t used with Bilsteins.

To answer your question yes you can simply set Bilsteins at 0.0 for 5” lift or set to 0.7” for a little more depending on your original rake.

My question is did you add the rear spacer/Bils after having the truck lifted for awhile or right at the beginning?
Did you buy longer rear shocks for the added rear spacer?
Did you add a taller rear bump stop bracket?
What setting is the track bar in the lower hole or upper hole in the bracket at the diff?
Ok great, just the answer I was looking for.
I added the coil spacer at the same time as the lift.
Yes I did buy longer shocks but I still have the Zones I could install also.
Did not add a taller bump stop other than the one in the lift kit.
I bought an adjustable track bar and it’s in the top hole of the bracket.
Guess it depends on the garage door opening, any concrete lip, top trim board thickness, door doesn’t fully open etc. Most are 7ft (84”) but when you subtract for anything mentioned above it could measure less than the full 84”.

He should be about my height and the top of my sharkfin is 85-3/8" so a tire change alone wouldn’t work for me.

That’s where I’m at too, it would be just a little bit too tall still

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Extremely helpful, thanks.

Ok great, just the answer I was looking for.
I added the coil spacer at the same time as the lift.
Yes I did buy longer shocks but I still have the Zones I could install also.
Did not add a taller bump stop other than the one in the lift kit.
I bought an adjustable track bar and it’s in the top hole of the bracket.

That’s where I’m at too, it would be just a little bit too tall still

Sounds good, just adjust the settings on the Bilsteins, remove rear spacer, put track bar in lower hole and replace rear shocks and your done.

OP
OP
13RamGuy

13RamGuy

Reaction score
Sounds good, just adjust the settings on the Bilsteins, remove rear spacer, put track bar in lower hole and replace rear shocks and your done.
Awesome, thanks for your help!

Reactions: JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you decide to do this, please take before and after measurements of fender height and roof height

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump.....did you ever get this done?

OP
OP
13RamGuy

13RamGuy

Reaction score
Bump.....did you ever get this done?
Not yet, we just had a baby and the weather hasn’t been very cooperative, should be tackling it in the next month or two I’m hoping! I’ll make sure I post my results.

Reactions: JB1

Bryan Zacarias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

How does it feel? Is it stiff? I want to put the same lift kit on my ram, but I dont know how it would feel, thank you

OP
OP
13RamGuy

13RamGuy

Reaction score
How does it feel? Is it stiff? I want to put the same lift kit on my ram, but I dont know how it would feel, thank you
It’s actually not that bad, definitely stiffer than stock but not horrible at all.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

Ok here’s the deal, your really not going to a 4” lift you’ll still be a 6” lift.

For the front you need to set your Bilsteins to the stock bottom setting and keep the 5” top spacer. And reinstall, that’s it.

For the rear just remove the coil spacer you added and put the rear track bar down to the lower hole. I’m not sure what your rear bumpstops look like but refer to my pics below.

Last week I did the same thing to my truck as I just described to you above. My tires may be little taller/wider than yours but my front fenders are 43-1/2 front and 44–1/4” rear.

F9497101-EC8A-4343-8445-B256F3EE0172.jpeg

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here’s the deal, your really not going to a 4” lift you’ll still be a 6” lift.

For the front you need to set your Bilsteins to the stock bottom setting and keep the 5” top spacer. And reinstall, that’s it.

For the rear just remove the coil spacer you added and put the rear track bar down to the lower hole. I’m not sure what your rear bumpstops look like but refer to my pics below.

Last week I did the same thing to my truck as I just described to you above. My tires may be little taller/wider than yours but my front fenders are 43-1/2 front and 44–1/4” rear.

View attachment 163883
Pic of the new ride height?

OP
OP
13RamGuy

13RamGuy

Reaction score

View attachment 163883

Ok, so I finally have some time to tackle this in the next couple weeks. So you are running the Bils at stock height with no preload spacer? And do you have the 3 or 5” rear coils?