$2000 to spend. What Off Road Bumper should I get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyeye33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few months ago, someone hit me and jacked up the front bumper on my 2009 Ram 1500. I just got the insurance check today and am looking to replace it with a better bumper that is more off road capable as I am looking to turn this into an overlanding rig. What would you guys recommend?

Ive looked at quite a few for far including:
the Hooke Road options
Chassis Unlimited® - Octane
Torxe™ - X1
Iron Cross® - RS Series
Fab Fours Black Steel Pre Runner Bumper

and quite a few others. I figure that someone on here will probably have had experience with all of these and may have some recommendations. I would love some guidance as there are way to many to choose from.

Thanks

OP
OP
S

Skyeye33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was also looking at the Vice Design MOD V2 bumper, however it is shipped bare metal which would require me to get it powder coated. Does anyone have a ball park estimate as to what that would cost?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I personally would go with the Chassis Unlimited Octane, makes these trucks look more stout in the front and doesn't give it the buck tooth look with a good skid plate to cover some of the suspension