2010 Ram 5.7 Lifter Failure What Brand Lifters/Cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up a 2010 Ram 5.7 170k on it got a good deal was told it was run low on oil and now it knocks. To me it sounds like a roller came off of a lifter and not a rod so I will be pulling it apart to confirm but what brand lifters is everyone using now? I used Enginetec lifters from rockauto in my 2011 ram and they suck. I assume the cam is wiped as well I don't really want to get into tuning anything other then shutting off mds so probably will stay with a stock cam?.

Last edited:

MudSkipper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OEM AD part number lifters... Yes Enginetech anything is not trust worthy...

This is what the suck rebuilders use on ebay...

I also use Melling AD style but they stopped making since i believe they make the OEM lifters for FCA

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could go oem I guess but was just trying to find out if people where using any better after market lifters that dont fail like OEM lifters.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get everything you need from Flying Ryan performance.

Solid NON-MDS lifters / MDS delete / Mild Cam / Trans Tune / PSI Springs / Melling Pushrods / Hp Tuners

Voila , Bullet proof HEMI .

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get everything you need from Flying Ryan performance.

Solid NON-MDS lifters / MDS delete / Mild Cam / Trans Tune / PSI Springs / Melling Pushrods / Hp Tuners

Voila , Bullet proof HEMI .
Will check it out thanks.

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turned out to be spun number 8 rod bearing looks like they never changed the oil in this thing.. I am going for 1 new rod/piston crank kit rings ect basically a backyard rebuild lol. The cam and lifters are somehow fine at 177k... Of course il change the lifters just because its out.

Last edited:

Dirty D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
**** dude im sorry to hear it. would love to see a write up on this if you have the time and inclination! im basically going to tear out my top end in a month or so and replace a boat load of stuff might as well do the whole damn thing am i right : ) haha

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
**** dude im sorry to hear it. would love to see a write up on this if you have the time and inclination! im basically going to tear out my top end in a month or so and replace a boat load of stuff might as well do the whole damn thing am i right : ) haha
Maybe I will going to pull the motor in about a week ordered the parts already glad I got this truck cheap asfk plenty of room to play/upgrade things.

Hemi_Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you guys have a link to parts I can get to complete the kit for cheap, I’m not keeping the truck and trading it in the future. I just recently got it and it had no warranty so I’m trying to do the cam and lifters but I’m on a budget

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you guys have a link to parts I can get to complete the kit for cheap, I’m not keeping the truck and trading it in the future. I just recently got it and it had no warranty so I’m trying to do the cam and lifters but I’m on a budget
In that case just use rockauto I am still waiting on some of my parts ordered most from there if you can do the work yourself ul spend about $800-1k for cam and lifter job.