2012 radio in a 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdthomas625

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just joined this forum group. I recently was giving a head unit out of a 2012 ram and was wondering if it was possible in any way to put it in my 07 ram. Had anyone done this swap at all and if so any wiring diagrams and tips are greatly appreciated!!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What's the radio code (should be 3 characters, like REN, RER, etc) and can you post a pic; at one point they changed the head unit style.

OP
OP
Jdthomas625

Jdthomas625

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to say it’s a RBZ but I could be completely wrong on that. I’m not home to look at it right now. But when I do get home I’ll let you know

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it's MyGig unit, then you can retrofit it but you'll need the lockpick adapter.
http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm
I used the adapter above to put MyGig's into both my Charger and Magnum, unfortunately this is only good for CANbus vehicles (so it will work for yours) but I couldn't for my truck (pre CANbus).

OP
OP
Jdthomas625

Jdthomas625

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so next question would be is it worth it or should I just put a different aftermarket radio in? I definitely like the look of the radio in the truck vs some of the aftermarket ones. Guess it’s a personal preference now?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That is up to you, I have found it to be totally worth it with nav and a hard drive to store music and **** on, plus camera capability. About the only complaint I might have is that the nav doesn't get traffic condition reports. Otherwise I couldn't be happier, works like factory, steering wheel switches, etc.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Knew what you meant lol