2014 Ecodiesel SFT stage 2 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saucy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Ecodiesel SFT stage 2 “ service electronic throttle control” help please!

Have gone through 2 additional times from SFT and still have this electronic throttle control message. Basically the truck isn’t boosted and I leave for an rv trip in a week. Wondering if it’s just the tune or something mechanical/sensor. Already replaced the map sensor. Service light came on the day after the stage 2 tune was uploaded onto the ecu.
Thanks!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
SFT will probably say it's something mechanical if you can get someone from there to help you. Your not the only that has issues with error codes with SFT tunes.

OP
OP
S

Saucy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
I’ve been on the phone a few times with Frank, the “lead technician”, from SFT and they seem to be at least attempting to help. Seems like everywhere I look both tune and mechanical issues lead to this code.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Ecodiesel SFT stage 2 “ service electronic throttle control” help please!

Have gone through 2 additional times from SFT and still have this electronic throttle control message. Basically the truck isn’t boosted and I leave for an rv trip in a week. Wondering if it’s just the tune or something mechanical/sensor. Already replaced the map sensor. Service light came on the day after the stage 2 tune was uploaded onto the ecu.
Thanks!

Any chance you have a throttle manipulator device as well as that new tune?

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
so what was the issue? thinking of getting one of these tunes on my truck

OP
OP
S

Saucy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
SFT said it’s a mechanical issue. Took weeks to respond to my emails and calls even though i was being incredibly understanding. Truck ended up dying while driving and back at the shop. I don’t have a throttle manipulator installed.