2014 exhaust manifold y pipe to collector bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew A Kenning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know the size of the 2 bolts for the exhaust manifold y pipe to collector? I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7

Thanks

OP
OP
M

Matthew A Kenning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Did you use any sealer at that gasket/flange or is it not necessary?

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks. Did you use any sealer at that gasket/flange or is it not necessary?
No I didn't, just used my milwaukee stubby and snugged it up good it doesn't take much just make sure to use a lock washer it is a little extra but they haven't moved

I know the pic shows different amount of thread length but it was before I got the impact on the top one just an fyi8a49c111beea0da8af2bf017402cdfa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Matthew A Kenning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice pic. Thanks!

I have just over 100k miles on it. had it for a year now. Noticed the ticking at start during the winter and finally tugged on the shield and it was loose. Not sure why I'm hesitant to do the repair. I have a welder, but my welds always look like crap so that's probably some of it, hope it can stay on the shelf and nothing is broken flush... At this point I have a broken bolt or 2 on the passenger side rear. From everything I've read here it seems sanding/milling the manifold is the route I will go, if they are warped. I ordered the dorman bolt set. Those seem to suffice correct? However Im reading that remflex seems preferred over the felpro gaskets, the only reason I'm still considering the felpro is because it seems to have that additional heat shield that the remflex doesnt have. Does this matter at all or is the Remflex def the way to go?

Not planning on doing the driver side at the moment however when I do Im wondering about that dipstick. The videos I've watched were on 2X4. Is getting the dipstick out of a 4X4 any different, I read something about the motor mount being in the way of the dipstick bolt/cutting the bracket off? Can anyone clarify this?

Here's a few pics for anyone taking the time to read my post. My first truck (wanted one for so long, but they are so $$) So glad I got a Ram BTW. Many of my friends drive Fords, chevys and after test driving all of them I found the Ram to be the perfect one for me.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post!

IMG_5110.JPG IMG_5112.JPG IMG_5132.JPG

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When I bought my 16 I didn't wanna go through the broken bolts but didn't want headers yet... I bought m8 1.25 x 40mm bolts with washers n lock washer to replace .. 1 by 1... I did have 1 broken bolt on pass side but had a jig I bought that mounts to the cylinder head in order to use a drill bit n then an easy out to get it out..it was flush also...worked great. When I did bolts on driver side I removed the heat shield and just bent the dipstixk mounting bracket n mounted it to the brake booster
The bending isn't pretty for the dipstick bracket but it worked fine

Also felpro gaskets worked fine for me no issues at all13a73f1da471626bf027936dca56ebf7.jpg3101c9c007c883069cfc3b38885522b6.jpg7fbd5d9a8d87e7638284e194f4bb8c58.jpg

OP
OP
M

Matthew A Kenning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool jig, where did you pick that up? What brand of bits and easy out did you use? I guess if I happened to snap off an extractor or drill bit extracting I could always weld after that if needed. Not sure I follow 100% about the bending the dipstick mounting bracket and attaching it to the brake booster. Was it necessary to cut the bracket to get it off then you just mounted it where ever else was convenient? Im sure once I get in there Ill see what your saying. Sounds like my kinda of fix.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Actually looking at your picture closer I see the promaxx label. Is it this >
https://www.promaxxtool.com/exhaust-manifold-repair-kits/p/alan

I actually looked at that it wasnt cheap, but seems solid. Might be a good investment. Especially with these trucks.
I got the cheapest promaxx but also paid used price off a guy for 50 bucks used 1 time.. it was a lifesaver... as far as the dipstick leave the bottom bolt in.. if ur 4x4 ull never get to it(i shouldn't say never but it isn't easy). I was referring to the upper bracket that mounts to the front most exhaust manifold stud will snap a pic in abit when I can

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Matthew A Kenning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was thinking more about your reply. You say leave the bottom bolt in, meaning I can just remove the top bolt and bend it out of the way to get the manifold out. Or will I need to cut the bottom bolt. I havent looked in the driver side yet to see how the dipstick is bolted on. Just reading guys fighting with them on here. Read something about access to one of the bolts is behind the engine mount.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was thinking more about your reply. You say leave the bottom bolt in, meaning I can just remove the top bolt and bend it out of the way to get the manifold out. Or will I need to cut the bottom bolt. I havent looked in the driver side yet to see how the dipstick is bolted on. Just reading guys fighting with them on here. Read something about access to one of the bolts is behind the engine mount.
You can get manifold and gasket out without removing the bottom bolt the dipstick moves enough ... and yea apparently you have to loosen engine mount n kinda jack the motor up abit or something