2014 HID lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ab22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2014 RAM Laramie 2500 with the stock projector headlights. I was unhappy with the halogen (9012's) performance, that led me to reading maybe a bajillion threads on this site. I was stuck between LED or HID replacements. The LED's scared me away a bit as I really wanted to avoid any CANBUS issues and wasn't exactly sure which ones would be best.

In the end, I landed on a pair of amazon HID lights (Innovited 9012 6000k).

I picked these ones as they said they were CANBUS error free, and they were also lower watt than the stock bulbs. I was really hoping to stick around the 55w stock bulbs, and these ones were 35w.

I yanked off the grill and pulled the lights out, threw these ones in, and fired them up. Zero issues at all, no errors, they lit up bright, and have made a definite improvement over stock. The only difficulty I ran into was finding a place for the ballasts inside of the wheel wells, but it wasn't too difficult with the included double sided sticky tape.

I'm going to run these until they die, and then maybe I'll give LED's a shot, but so far so good with these lights.

I just wanted to post incase anyone was in my predicament and wanted a simple plug and play install with no errors and no changes needed via ALFAODB.

I don't have any night pictures of the new light output, but it is way better than stock.

IMG_1283.jpg
Stock

IMG_1286.jpg
New amazon HID

IMG_1284.jpg
New on left, old on right. Was in the middle of the install so the new side wasn't completely seated yet. Just wanted to see what they looked like. Hope this helps somebody some day!

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looking great. I’m tired of messing with my so called premium Morimoto HID, so I’m taking all that mess of wires,ballast,relays OFF . It has worked fine for a year until last month, the driver side hid sometimes wouldn’t come on, and then it went out completely, got a new OEM ballast , the light comes on no issues, now fast forward on months later, I get in the truck in the early morning, turn the headlights on the the driver side doesn’t come on, cycle the headlights switch on off couple of times, and it turns on, i had a new OEM hid bulb replacement, and I installed thinking the igniter might by going since I was noticing a flicker here and there, same thing, have to cycle the switch multiple times for it to work, not messing with it again with one other ballast or whatever it might be. Got a good set of adjustable super bright time LED now, problem solved, no mess of wires, no ballast, no bulbs with igniter, no relays, no waiting to warm up to get full bright. Turn the switch on and go! Sorry for the long rant

OP
OP
ab22

ab22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looking great. I’m tired of messing with my so called premium Morimoto HID, so I’m taking all that mess of wires,ballast,relays OFF . It has worked fine for a year until last month, the driver side hid sometimes wouldn’t come on, and then it went out completely, got a new OEM ballast , the light comes on no issues, now fast forward on months later, I get in the truck in the early morning, turn the headlights on the the driver side doesn’t come on, cycle the headlights switch on off couple of times, and it turns on, i had a new OEM hid bulb replacement, and I installed thinking the igniter might by going since I was noticing a flicker here and there, same thing, have to cycle the switch multiple times for it to work, not messing with it again with one other ballast or whatever it might be. Got a good set of adjustable super bright time LED now, problem solved, no mess of wires, no ballast, no bulbs with igniter, no relays, no waiting to warm up to get full bright. Turn the switch on and go! Sorry for the long rant
I hear that. It has been a pain deciding on what to do with the lights. Hope yours work for a long while!

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just A fyi 35 watt HID is equal to a 55 watt halogen and On another note I have same brand hid kit in mine just a different bulb #. If you do not have alpha OBD I suggest getting it cause when I done mine for some reason when temps was 50 degree's or below they would cut on and off and flicker the colder it was outside the worse it was. it was so bad one morning in the 40's I came back home and got my car to get to work. anyway I found a setting that allows you to switch from halogen to HID's once I changed that setting to HID's no more issues. Just a friendly heads up mine is also a 2014 so chances are you will run into same issue just beware if you have no way to change that setting.

OP
OP
ab22

ab22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just A fyi 35 watt HID is equal to a 55 watt halogen and On another note I have same brand hid kit in mine just a different bulb #. If you do not have alpha OBD I suggest getting it cause when I done mine for some reason when temps was 50 degree's or below they would cut on and off and flicker the colder it was outside the worse it was. it was so bad one morning in the 40's I came back home and got my car to get to work. anyway I found a setting that allows you to switch from halogen to HID's once I changed that setting to HID's no more issues. Just a friendly heads up mine is also a 2014 so chances are you will run into same issue just beware if you have no way to change that setting.
Oh cool, good to know! It’s been in the 40s overnight here already but I haven’t driven in it yet. I’ll definitely keep that in mind and make the purchase if I start to see issues

buckley888

Reaction score
New member here - Thanks for all the HID and AlfaOBD threads and advice. I went slow - about 2 hours total.

Installed basic Innovited 9005 6000k kit, no canbus options or resistors. I used AlphaOBD and updated the body computer: Bi Xenon and HID present to On, confirmed DRL are NOT the low beams - no hiccups.

Wow, I can see the road!

znrh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I stuck LED's on my 22 1500 Big Horn and man are they bright didn't need the canbus I bought just in case