2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Engine Code P062A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kandie Wood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn 5.7 Hemi with the 8sp tranny. About 2 weeks ago I had to get fuel at a place we never get fuel at, known for issues with their fuel. But it was a have to situation. Anyhow, drove 30 miles, came home parked it, 3 hours later got in to leave drove about 1 1/2 miles to the highway, check engine light came on. Did not really think anything about it, because of the fuel is what I figured. Got to my normal fuel place. Filled it up and added my families additive to the tank, drove 30 more miles. When I got to our other house, I removed the battery cables to reset the system. Let set for like 4 hours. When I went to leave hooked battery back up and light was off.
Light stated off for 3 days, then randomly came back on, I played this damn game for a week, until I was finally able to get the light to stay on long enough to hook our sanner up to it. It has consecutively thrown P062A Code.
My fuel pump was replaced at the dealership I bought the truck from in June 2019; a few days before I bought it. As well the PCM has been reprogrammed twice for recall in 2017... Seriously could it already after 51k need a new fuel pump??? I can not now even drive my truck its that bad.
Anyone have any clues or ideas????

Just cuz Im a girl does not mean I don't know what I'm doing. I grew up in a diesel shop, married a diesel tech, and son is 3rd gen tech.. This aint my first rodeo, don't talk to me like I'm stupid!!!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm sure your husband and son can help, if you have the TIPM research bypass fuel pump relay and see if that fixes it. Make sure you bypass it with a relay that doesnt stay hot, like cig lighter relay. If you bypass the fuel pump and still get that code, you will need a new fuel pump. That obd2 code is not the case for bad gas.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
If truck doesn't stall, misfire, loose power etc it could be fuel rail pressure sensor or fuel control module on or near the fuel tank.

You say you can't drive truck its that bad.....but only mention service light is on with code p062a???

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I believe that is the same code I got on mine once when I once overfilled the fuel tank. went to an autozone and they checked the code for me but did not have the part their computer said was at fault. drove it that way home from san antonio to DFW. ordered a scanner from amazon and cleared it myself and it never came back. while the check engine light was on, it would not remote start. has been all for good for the 2 years since.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990