2017 Ram 1500 Media USB issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selkov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I placed a flash drive in the media port and it played but did not show any album covers. So I took the drive out and reformatted it and then reinstalled the mp3's. It now showed he album art. After some time I removed it and added additional files. Upon replacing it now states the the media is not compatible. Once again I reformatted and copied the drive and it worked ok but no album art. Days later without touching the drive I get the error again.

The drive works fine on my PC. To be safe I tried another drive. Same issue. Works sometimes and not others.

To be safe -- does anyone know what the capacity limitation of the flash port is?
Does anyone know what the flash media format should be? i,e MBR or GPT or Exfat etc?

And is it possible to find out what version software is in my ride and also how to obtain and upgrade it to the latest version?

Jeff-M-B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
This is a fairly old post but I wanted to input my success here with how to get the album art and in album information to come up on my truck radio. I'm using a 128 gig USB, formatted using NTSF. I use Switch Plus NHC software to convert all audio files to WMA. MP3 may work, but I prefer WMA for sound quality even though the WMA files are larger. After converting all files to WMA, I use Mp3tag v3.11 to get the album song title and artist name as well as the album art to show up on the screen. This has worked with every album I saved on the usb stick. It did take some trial and error... but once you play around with this software it works great. The key also is once you convert your files, you have to hit save them. If anyone needs some help, hit me up and I can get you some more detailed info on how to do this.

Attachments

• 20211219_084440[1].jpg
    20211219_084440[1].jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 5