2018 Harvest Edition Brake Bleeding Procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rch105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looking for the proper brake bleeding procedures (manual and ABS). Can anyone help? Scan tool needed? TIA

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
if you think in any possible way air got into the ABS module there's a bleed procedure that needs to be initiated by a scan tool. There's a option in AlfaOBD to bleed the ABS module.

OP
OP
R

rch105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is this the correct base brake bleed procedure for my 2018 1500 Harvest?

1. Left rear

2. Right front

3. Right rear

4. Left front

TIA

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
start from the farthest from the master cylinder.
Right(Passenger) rear
Left (Driver) rear
Right front
Left front
Hopefully someone else will chime in to verify, you bleed the brakes all around then do the ABS bleed the a second time around and then a third time normally.
Brake fluid is a lot cheaper than body work so don't fret over going through a bunch to make sure the air is out.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I doubt that it makes any difference now which corner you start with on modern vehicles that have 4 channel abs. Each caliper has it's own brake line from the abs pump.

The first line you do will take the longest to get fresh fluid as you're clearing out the reservoir.

OP
OP
R

rch105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well I finally went out and purchased a Foxwell NT650 Elite scanner. I was told by the company that this particular scanner will bleed the ABS pump/valve side of the system. It also says I must do a manual bleed first. My son and I did the manual bleed first and did get some air out of the system. We then went onto the auto bleed part and followed the procedure. We got stopped at the point where the procedure should start the pump. It didn't, but instead told us there was no communication and I needed to check for a proper connection to the vehicle's DLC, that the ignition is turned on and the battery is charged. All that was checked (actually, we did this procedure 3 times). I did check the 3 fuses located in the fuse block near the battery... All were good.

Suggestions please!