2019 bed higher in front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
View attachment 474655Hello all, I recently bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn, and didn’t notice the odd gap between the cab and bed until I got home. I’ve seen pics of other trucks with the same issue and it appears to be some factory-made oddity? It came from Canada. Anyone know if this is an easy fix? I still have a few months left on the factory warranty if I need to take it to a dealer (bought it from a Nissan dealership).
Appears the gap between the bed and cab is not equal side to side. If they installed a new bed and measured off of bent frame that would account for bed not being square cab. I have a 2018 3500 and it certainly doesn't look like that. Conclusion: Truck has been wrecked requiring bed replacement. Bodyshop referenced, unknown to them, bent frame during installation of new bed. Frame will be bent direction toward opposite side of bigger gap. If bigger gap is on right side, standing in rear of truck looking toward back of cab frame will be bent to the left.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
I was going to say the same thing. I would get yourself a nice strong magnet and run it up and down the car just to make sure. See if there is an filler on that truck.

Yeow! Makes me cringe even thinking about that magnet sucking to the truck and dragging down the side of it.
It would certainly find the filler spots though.

Wonder if that trick works for F-150 ?... ;)

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you do the magnet trick, put a piece of cloth, microfibre towel works great, under it. That said, bondo isn't the big worry, I would be crawling under there and looking for serious bends in the frame, and doing a bunch of measuring.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 474655Hello all, I recently bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn, and didn’t notice the odd gap between the cab and bed until I got home. I’ve seen pics of other trucks with the same issue and it appears to be some factory-made oddity? It came from Canada. Anyone know if this is an easy fix? I still have a few months left on the factory warranty if I need to take it to a dealer (bought it from a Nissan dealership).
Not a good sign.....accident-crash.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well out of curiosity I checked my and my son's 2020, large gap but not quite that wide. Also checked my other son's company truck a 2019 and it IS that wide, as are four other trucks in their fleet. Was even at Lowes earlier and saw a 2019 there and had to go look at it and it was pretty wide also. Wonder now if some just came that way. Hummm?????

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Like 2012Ram1500RT said, first climb underneath and check body mounts for the bed (did someone leave one out, install them wrong,etc), and as long as you under it, slide your way to the rear bumper and see if you notice anything else that looks out of whack, bent, moved, etc (fuel tank, spare tire, rear bumper,etc) That uneven gap DEFINITELY does not seem right

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Well out of curiosity I checked my and my son's 2020, large gap but not quite that wide. Also checked my other son's company truck a 2019 and it IS that wide, as are four other trucks in their fleet. Was even at Lowes earlier and saw a 2019 there and had to go look at it and it was pretty wide also. Wonder now if some just came that way. Hummm?????
The issue isn't how wide the gap is, it is that the gap is much wider at the top than the bottom and that the box slopes down from cab to tailgate.

This is what the gap should look like.

yunnusth.jpg

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Like 2012Ram1500RT said, first climb underneath and check body mounts for the bed (did someone leave one out, install them wrong,etc), and as long as you under it, slide your way to the rear bumper and see if you notice anything else that looks out of whack, bent, moved, etc (fuel tank, spare tire, rear bumper,etc) That uneven gap DEFINITELY does not seem right
No way that is normal or acceptable to me. Something is wrong and should be easily seen from underneath!

Last edited:

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That truck has hit hard in the rear. Check a carfax. I promise you that is not how it was made

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like I said, I’ve seen pics of other trucks in this forum with the exact same gap so I doubt they all suffered the same damage. I’m hoping someone else who has seen this can give some insight.
I have a 19 bighorn and a 20 Laramie do not look like that

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I second it looks like a bent frame. I really hope this isn't the case.

OP
OP
onecharliefive

onecharliefive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you happen to have any pics? I’d like to see others with the uneven gap. Really appreciate your response and knowing there are others out there.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you happen to have any pics? I’d like to see others with the uneven gap. Really appreciate your response and knowing there are others out there.
I almost wonder if someone set something too heavy on the tail end of the bed. It is a truck. It seems odd that yours did this. I think I would be back at the dealership questioning it. It cant hurt.

zippy007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Canadian sport model and i dont have the gap. Its true the original factory doesnt carrry to US dealers but i took mine in for a radio issue and they never even noticed, and covered it.Lol

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just so you know, because that truck was originally sold in Canada, the original factory warranty will not cover any repairs done at U.S. dealerships. Canadian warranties don't transfer to the U.S., and vice-versa.

As far as what's causing that, it could be crash damage, but I'm wondering how much it would have cost to repair damage from an accident that could taco the frame like that. Unless your Ram dealership has a body shop, I'd have your local body shop take a look at it.
Hello All, mikeru is partially right about the warranty transfer from Canada back to U.S., the deal is in order for the warranty to transfer back to U.S. is the first time the vehicle was registered in Canada it must have first been registered as a "FLEET" vehicle.

zippy007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here my Canadian sport edition

Attachments

• Document (1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Document (2).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 13