2019 bed higher in front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old manS RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This reminds me of a friend's new Ford Ranger back in the 70s, that the bed was wonkered. The owner didn't notice it until he tried to install a cap. One corner was 1 1/2 inches lower than the opposite corner. The truck was cinched down too tight on the car carrier and the frame was bent. Ford straightened the frame under warranty. I think he should of demanded a new truck.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hello All, mikeru is partially right about the warranty transfer from Canada back to U.S., the deal is in order for the warranty to transfer back to U.S. is the first time the vehicle was registered in Canada it must have first been registered as a "FLEET" vehicle.
Wasn't aware of the fleet loophole. Thanks for the info Brian!

Snide822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely appears to be rail sag to me!

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Just so you know, because that truck was originally sold in Canada, the original factory warranty will not cover any repairs done at U.S. dealerships. Canadian warranties don't transfer to the U.S., and vice-versa.

As far as what's causing that, it could be crash damage, but I'm wondering how much it would have cost to repair damage from an accident that could taco the frame like that. Unless your Ram dealership has a body shop, I'd have your local body shop take a look at it.
you are misinformed on your warranty facts. warranty is valid anywhere in North America. transferring from one country to another has no effect .

Keifus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
View attachment 474655Hello all, I recently bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn, and didn’t notice the odd gap between the cab and bed until I got home. I’ve seen pics of other trucks with the same issue and it appears to be some factory-made oddity? It came from Canada. Anyone know if this is an easy fix? I still have a few months left on the factory warranty if I need to take it to a dealer (bought it from a Nissan dealership).

Keifus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
It looks exactly like someone put to much weight in the bed of that truck. I’ve done the exact thing to a Silverado by putting a track hoe bucket back there and it did the same thing. Either you can take it to a body shop or if you know anyone with a backhoe and knows how to operate it throw some old tires in the cab side of the bed and have him push down with the bucket until it closes back up that’s what I did

Last edited:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just can't believe the dealership didn't see that, it's so obvious to me. They would have it back instantly if it was mine after I checked it out myself.

OP
OP
onecharliefive

onecharliefive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just can't believe the dealership didn't see that, it's so obvious to me. They would have it back instantly if it was mine after I checked it out myself.
It’s heading back to the dealer, and if they won’t fix it I’ll take it to a Ram dealer (I bought it from a Nissan dealer). I too, am a bit amazed it wasn’t noticed (if it wasn’t). The salesman told me “his guy” said it’s within specs. One way or the other it’s getting fixed. I’ve looked all underneath and see no signs of damage.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you are misinformed on your warranty facts. warranty is valid anywhere in North America. transferring from one country to another has no effect .

Did they change this recently?

I've only heard of a few ways to be exempt from this rule (one of them mentioned earlier in this thread), otherwise I've seen plenty of people on these forums get denied warranty service here in the U.S. due to their truck being from Canada.

Lee955i

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one in their right mind would consider that bend as "in spec". As mentioned earlier, it's either been wrecked, grossly overloaded on the tongue, or the bed was off and improperly reinstalled. If all the correct bed mounts are there, well..... The last time I had a vehicle that looked like that, i'd just been rear-ended whilst I was stopped with the brakes on. I wish you good luck!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you just bought it, why the hell are you asking silly questions here, when you should be going back to return it for a full refund from the crooks you got it from.
PS, you said the salesman said it was in spec ? you really believe that?????????

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
if you just bought it, why the hell are you asking silly questions here, when you should be going back to return it for a full refund from the crooks you got it from
I little pointedly direct, but hard to disagree with.:Rock on:
:Rock on:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have real bad joints today, so a bit sharp, But I am sure that has bent frame, and should be sold as such. I am sure there is no spacer blocks under the beds of these truck, U shaped brackets welded to the box ,I think.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
It’s heading back to the dealer, and if they won’t fix it I’ll take it to a Ram dealer (I bought it from a Nissan dealer). I too, am a bit amazed it wasn’t noticed (if it wasn’t). The salesman told me “his guy” said it’s within specs. One way or the other it’s getting fixed. I’ve looked all underneath and see no signs of damage.
"His guy", who is that and where did he find the spec that it is within? I would really like to see the "spec" on that. While you have looked underneath and see no damage, I would take it to a shop that can do a 4 wheel alignment and laser the frame. Dealers are masters at hiding flaws.
Canyon

senator49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are there any marks on the back of the cab which would indicate it was hit from the rear and pushed forward. My Dakota was rear ended and the bed hit the cab. A frame shop pulled the frame straight within 1/8 of an inch but I could still see a slight wrinkle on the left side of the box. Also, look if there are any torch marks on the frame from underneath which would show the frame was heated up to straighten out the frame.

Elvira

Reaction score
It does sound like all here are right about the accident occurence. If the frame and major components pass the inspection, you can always shim the box to rectify.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
19d217a8ce1894cff798df1a037a402d.jpg

The 2019 bed is in alignment with the bottom of the window line
The image from the rear shows no sag

The Gen 4 Ram beds were approximately 2" lower than the bottom of the window line

X3p8DD.jpg

Last edited:

Capt Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
View attachment 474655Hello all, I recently bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn, and didn’t notice the odd gap between the cab and bed until I got home. I’ve seen pics of other trucks with the same issue and it appears to be some factory-made oddity? It came from Canada. Anyone know if this is an easy fix? I still have a few months left on the factory warranty if I need to take it to a dealer (bought it from a Nissan dealership).
Never seen that before on this or the other Ram forum