2020 Power Wagon: 3 Car Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Howdy... considering becoming a Toyota Traitor! Looking to move to a 2020 Power Wagon.

My question is: how well do three car seats work in the back row? I have a 9 year old in a booster and a 7 and a 5, both in full car seats. I know it will be fine in width, but my concern is the depth of the middle position. I.e., will the booster or car seat overhang to the point of being unsafe?

Anyone with that has pics of their install would be super appreciated!

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
depth in the center is just fine. Also how the hell do you have your 7 and 5 year old in full car seats? Don't they just have high back boosters? Either way you could stick 3 full car seats in it easy.

OP
OP
Overlander

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Thanks! I’m not new to the world of trucks, but a complete neophyte here. The link is to a 4th gen discussion... seats are different in 5G PW?

depth in the center is just fine. Also how the hell do you have your 7 and 5 year old in full car seats? Don't they just have high back boosters? Either way you could stick 3 full car seats in it easy.

Yeah, that was my main question... if a full car seat would spill beyond the forward edge of the center space. I’m coming from a 200 Series Land Cruiser (5” narrower) so I’m sure the width will be okay.

FWIW the 5 and 7 are both very petite little girls. And the female parental unit is very conservative. :). NHTSA recommendation is by weight and height so they still fall in the upper end of car seat range. Though I’m all for getting rid of those old boat anchors!

Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
hahahaha. I had a guess that mama was involved. Just toss them in boosters and watch mama grin because they weigh 1/8 of the big ass car seats.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956