2020 Power Wagon 35" Toyo MT on Salta AEV Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeliNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey guys,

Wanted to share some photos of my 2020 Power Wagon with 35" Toyo MTs. I had read reports that the 35" fits "easily" in the spare well. Honestly it was quite a chore to get it in at the perfect angle and it touches the panhard bar. It also doesn't sit level sits the driver side frame rail doesn't clear. This is with all but a couple PSI of air removed. Is this acceptable?

IMG_2472.jpeg IMG_2473.jpeg IMG_2474.jpeg IMG_2475.jpeg IMG_2476.jpeg

Last edited:

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,

Wanted to share some photos of my 2020 Power Wagon with 35" Toyo MTs. I had read reports that the 35" fits "easily" in the spare well. Honestly it was quite a chore to get it in at the perfect angle and it touches the panhard bar. It also doesn't sit level sits the driver side frame rail doesn't clear. This is with all but a couple PSI of air removed. Is this acceptable?

View attachment 218757 View attachment 218758 View attachment 218759 View attachment 218760 View attachment 218761
I have 35 inch Falkens and my spare barely fits also. I’ve been running with it touching the heat shield slightly for a couple months with absolutely no problems. Dropped it down and inspected it the other day. It’s was fine.

Last edited:

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It's a tight fit to be sure. I'm running the Saltas with Toyo CTs. I'm not touching anything in the tread area, but it's frog hair close. Probably spent a good hour cussing, finessing it in with another on the crank. it's flush against the back plate and practically deflated though.

I've looked at alternatives for stowing the spare, but all come up short.

Oilbrnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I used to carry 35's in the factory location, I'd deflate to like 10psi. I have onboard air though, so it wasn't such a big deal.

On the upside, they will fit easily, when they're worn out.

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'd be concerned with the track bar rubbing. Is it possible to use a ratchet strap that you could run through the wheel and around the hitch to pull it towards the rear of the truck? I did that on one of my trucks years back to clear a large rear diff cover. I know your touching the hitch but a little tire compression against the hitch may get you some track bar clearance.

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Also, I wonder if running a different track bar would help. Maybe you could call Thuren and ask them if their track bar gains any clearance.

OP
OP
H

HeliNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Also, I wonder if running a different track bar would help. Maybe you could call Thuren and ask them if their track bar gains any clearance.

I thought about that but the rear brake distribution block is extremely close to the other side of the bar. Honestly...after sleeping on it...I'm thinking that it shouldn't be down there. The hassle of getting it in or out is not something I think I want to deal with when actually on the trail. My ultimate plan is to get a RAM Box compatible Nuthouse Industries rack and store it on their platform system. For now it'll go in the bed strapped to the factory rail system. I think the 35"s that people are getting away with down there must be smaller than a true 35" like the Toyo MTs are???

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I planned on running about 25psi in mine but I have a Compressor and tire repair kit in my recovery bag

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I used to carry 35's in the factory location, I'd deflate to like 10psi. I have onboard air though, so it wasn't such a big deal.

On the upside, they will fit easily, when they're worn out.

Yep, not being able to fully inflate mine while it is up there gave me an excuse to get onboard air a little earlier than I had planned Lol. I’m happy with the solution.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That certainly looks like it fits now!
I'm quite impressed that a 35" fits under there!

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate it when the internet is right. A little rubber mallet banging and sure enough it fit even higher, cleared the frame rail and got further from the panhard bar.

Nice! It’s almost like some of us had done it before lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Prod47fddc59b9f59441a44306b1a5767d2.jpg

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Certainly need OBA or a portable tank.

macntatsch

Reaction score
I guess i’ll have to go try mine again. I had given up on fitting 35x12.5 Toyo AT3.

DaveSharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love the truck and the look. But you know if you gotta ask it's too close. I'd get it handled before it gets ugly. Very nice truck...

OP
OP
H

HeliNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Love the truck and the look. But you know if you gotta ask it's too close. I'd get it handled before it gets ugly. Very nice truck...
It actually clears by a decent margin now. You just have to hammer it up there. The sidewalls are extremely stiff on this tire so just airing it down doesn't really get it to conform that much.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing to think about...how will it be getting it out of there when you are sideways in a mud hole in the dark?