2022 Power Wagon Options? I know a few.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I contacted my ordering dealer and asked if they knew what the options were going to be for the 2022s. I did get some information. Bucket seats will now be available as well as an offload package for the Wagon. There's actually two bucket seat options but I don't know the difference yet and there will also be a level three package as well. As soon as I know what all that is I'll let others know unless anyone here knows already. I'd be happy to get the knowledge.

LaramieAdam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Sounds like a partial 75th anniversary version.

I've been trying to find some info on the 22s I was expecting a full 5th gen cab and box but with all that's going on I'm not expecting much change. I'll be happy for a while with my 21

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep i contacted my salesman a few weeks ago to see if ordering a 75a was still possible. He said no, but he did say the center council option was going to be available. As well as the wheels and sliders from the 75a.
I wouldnt expect the body redesigns for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

LaramieAdam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Yep i contacted my salesman a few weeks ago to see if ordering a 75a was still possible. He said no, but he did say the center council option was going to be available. As well as the wheels and sliders from the 75a.
I wouldnt expect the body redesigns for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiile.
09 to 12 on 4th gen, then 13 had a few updates like interior, and lighting. Then 14 got coils on 2500 and radius arms.

I actually hope they wait a while if a new cab doesn't come in 22. I could unload my 21 easily for what a paid and order a 22 but wouldn't be worth it unless they make a new cab. A full 5th gen mega cab would be up my alley, I really miss the mega.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
09 to 12 on 4th gen, then 13 had a few updates like interior, and lighting. Then 14 got coils on 2500 and radius arms.

I actually hope they wait a while if a new cab doesn't come in 22. I could unload my 21 easily for what a paid and order a 22 but wouldn't be worth it unless they make a new cab. A full 5th gen mega cab would be up my alley, I really miss the mega.

They still have a mega...or are you talking in a power wagon? Hell, the 5th gen half ton cabs are about as big as a megacab.

LaramieAdam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
They still have a mega...or are you talking in a power wagon? Hell, the 5th gen half ton cabs are about as big as a megacab.
I'm talking normal 2500 mega cab.

1500 5th gen has more leg room than a MC, it's the behind seat storage and reclining I like in the mega. Oh it looks bad a$$

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah they still have the mega cab. I’d order a mega pw in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah it's hard decision because I don't need a power wagon at all. I just love the graphics and stock winch which I have used a few times on mine. But by the time I price out a laramie it's the same price or more as a power wagon anyways so why not just get that. Only reason I'd go Laramie is so I could get the mega cab. I'd ditch the RamBox then.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm really curious as to what the off-road package is for the power wagon. Fox shocks would be legit. or kings etc. it's already got bilsteins skid plates etc. can't imagine what it'll be.

LaramieAdam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Yeah it's hard decision because I don't need a power wagon at all. I just love the graphics and stock winch which I have used a few times on mine. But by the time I price out a laramie it's the same price or more as a power wagon anyways so why not just get that. Only reason I'd go Laramie is so I could get the mega cab. I'd ditch the RamBox then.
Maybe the active bilstein like TRX, you can change from street, offroad, tow etc. That would sell awesome in the PW

Im in same boat I don't offroad extreme enough to need a PW, a standard truck with thuren suspension would be plenty, but for me a 75th PW was cheaper than a loaded laramie or limited trim 2500. So I compromised a little to lose the mega cab but gain a winch and lockers which is awesome in the winter, and who knows if I'll need it in the summer. A trail extreme enough to need a winch is when I get out the SxS or dirt bike

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
An offroad package for the power wagon seems redundant. kind of like a super turbo charger. maybe will be something cool though.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

This what my thought. The power wagon isn't anymore expensive than the others and it has the off road goodies I would want to add to my 4x4 truck. Plus the power wagon is special, compared to a 2500 4x4. I drive a POWER WAGON not a ram 2500. Now that I have one I plan to off road as much as I can.

P.S. the off road package was offered in late 2021 all it is, the mopar rock rails and bead lock wheels that were on the 75th trucks. It cost $2000 if I remember correctly.
If they are still gonna offer the center console it's gonna make the 75th trucks a little less special but I figured it was gonna happen eventually.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
I'm really curious as to what the off-road package is for the power wagon. Fox shocks would be legit. or kings etc. it's already got bilsteins skid plates etc. can't imagine what it'll be.

king is literally a year behind in production for what they have now. They will never be able to commit to large scale service unless they change their business model.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Pretty sure the off road package just consists of the 75a wheels and the sliders/steps.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yup yer right. I always just ignored it. Yeah no go on that one. My guess is the level three group will be a bucket seat group. Hopefully I’ll get more details from my dealer soon. I hope some cool colors are available. I’m kinda screwed on that though since I have the fuel blitz ddt wheels. They’ll only work with a few colors.

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wish they had the center console option when I bought my PW.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m going bucket seats

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
P.S. the off road package was offered in late 2021 all it is, the mopar rock rails and bead lock wheels that were on the 75th trucks. It cost $2000 if I remember correctly.
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Pretty sure the off road package just consists of the 75a wheels and the sliders/steps.

Can confirm. Have been back and forth with Dennis Dillon in ID about ordering a 2022. They won't share the full build sheet with me, but the "Off-Road package" is as you described, just sliders and bead lock wheels -- same as it was for 2021.

Also the new "Level 3" package is everything in the 75th Anniversary, just without the special 75th badges, stickers, etc. I agree with you that say this takes a little away from the specialness of the 75th Ed. Good for the rest of us that missed out on 2021 though.

I am planning to trade-in my fully loaded 17', but I am rather bothered about losing both column shifter and the floor t-case lever if I go Level 3 package. I know that is probably a silly thing get hung up on, but something about just being left with buttons to press irks me.

EDIT: Have heard MY2023 for the new cab.

Last edited: