3.0 Diesel Recalls and Owner Reparations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgoofy13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Hi All! By now most know that FCA-Ram got rolled by EPA and others for their alleged illegal software modifications on the 3.0 Diesel emissions ,that were very similar to the Volkswagen experience. It appears that the fines and negative legal ramifications for FCA would not be as extensive as experienced by Volkswagen, however , it was indicated that ALL 3.0,s out there would have to be re-called for software rectification and that all Ram 3.0 owners affected would receive monetary compensation in the neighborhood of $2800.00. Would appreciate any other output on this subject and of course the timing of the proposed rebates. Thks

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Something to keep in mind is there will be no monetary compensation for those current owners of the specific affected model years who refuse to get their software verified/updated.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still waiting on word from my lawyer about this. I'll post up what I find out when i get the info.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
incorrect info the lawsuit is only applicable for 2014-16 the 17 was the year of the scandal and were stop-sell for 9 months of the year, and once they were released for sale they had the new updated flash already.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the mod/flash from FCA then take the $2800 and get a tune. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's a great idea but didn't they also talk about extending the warranty out some too? Also I would expect the ole' fuel mileage to take a noticeable hit too.....up to $2800 is a lot of money but I don't know if I would be willing to sacrifice 2-3 MPG's for it since diesel is pretty expensive to begin with. From my experience these EPA tweaks to the emissions systems rarely ever improve power of mileage they usually have the opposite effect.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I received a similar letter...I called the law firm and asked why I should opt out. They said because they believe I can get more going on my own. I asked how much more and they said it could be significant. I asked how much and they would never indicate a number and told me they never guarantee their clients a specific sum. I asked if it could be less than currently offered by FCA from the settlement with the EPA and they said “No, it won’t be less than what is offered by FCA other than it will be minus their 33% contingency.” It was at that point I thanked them and indicated I won’t be opting out. Blood sucking attorneys...

I can see it in court...”Sir, you had two Ecodiesels with issues and wish to be compensated. What are you currently driving?” “A Ram!” “Why?” “Because I love the brand and they are more trustworthy than the Fords and Chevys I’ve owned in my lifetime.” Case dismissed.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
“No, it won’t be less than what is offered by FCA other than it will be minus their 33% contingency.” It was at that point I thanked them and indicated I won’t be opting out. Blood sucking attorneys....

...and that's the money-shot. Odds are perfect they are correct, but they'd stand to make at least $1k off of your alleged misery, and make the same off of everyone else dumb enough to follow through.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
incorrect info the lawsuit is only applicable for 2014-16 the 17 was the year of the scandal and were stop-sell for 9 months of the year, and once they were released for sale they had the new updated flash already.

It's funny...my '17 was built in very late 2017 (Nov to be exact), I bought it new in Jan of 2018. Here's the rub, I have NEVER got the MPG other owners claim to get...often not even close. My absolute best MPG in the summer is a whopping 20, winter is typically around 17-18mpg. My truck is also a flat out dog...something I've complained about all along.

I wonder if my truck running on the current software is the reason for this...

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
Sounds like a turbo problem. If its a dog try another dealer.

ram labs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Hi: I am involved in the settlement.This has been nothing but trouble from the start for me.The people you are dealing with are contractors for VCA . They have made me jump throgh hoops since i started this.One day they say you are not sending the right info,the next you are sending to wrong e-mail address, next reply you get from them when they feel like sending one there is a different problem.I am at the last leg of this joke, which is sending signitures.They have told me they get documents with no signatures,don't get documents or some other lousy excuse.I just got chryslers customer care involved,and found out chrysler & VCA are not handling this in house.I hope others will have better results than me.As for the truck i never had any problems with it,it ran better,ant got better fuel milage before they did the emmission mods..Hope this helps others

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990