37s without regear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
For the new 8 speed with closer gear ratio, it is awesome. Better than stockIt is not sluggish.
I know you have a 6 speed so come on people, chime in!

Lets talk highway. Stock, it was hard to keep straight. I deflated the tires and it helped. Now it feels rock solid and stopped wandering.
Bigger tires on a jeep or 1/2 ton feels heavy ( lets say two sizes bigger ) but not on that truck.
Only con is the rubbing when turning full lock.

I never tried 35" so take all that with a grain of salt.

With all that said, I would do it again.
You convince me to go straight from stock tires to 37‘s and not being worried about modifying anything else. I only had 35s on my last three trucks so excited to have the ability to get my pumpkins further from the ground before I head to Moab.
Thanks

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Yea, pretty much any aftermarket coil that rides better will have less payload. Im not sure on the exact numbers for factory pw springs, thurens, or carlis, but thuren and carli are both less than factory. Not sure if carli is any higher payload than Thuren though.

Thuren basically has the same type of base kit as well. The bare essentials. Then, if you want to spend 100’s or even 1000’s more on shock upgrades, you can.
This is what I am referring to. This is not a loss to factory, but a gain. This is the initial reason I looked to Carli.

https://carlisuspension.com/product.../dodge-commuter-system-2014-2500-power-wagon/

truck will sit 1” higher in the front (cab configuration dependent) with a touch more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear Carli Coil Springs will drop by ½”-1” to level the truck while upping the rear suspension capacity to a respectable 2,000lbs.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I went back and looked at carli.. maybe I missed something but their site says lowered payload to 2000lbs for the rear springs. Does this mean the stock 2500 non power wagon rear springs are over 2000lbs for payload rating?
251db5973212db3da0ad36c864dc6e97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Now ya got me. I will inquire and come back with an answer!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
This is what I am referring to. This is not a loss to factory, but a gain. This is the initial reason I looked to Carli.

https://carlisuspension.com/product.../dodge-commuter-system-2014-2500-power-wagon/

truck will sit 1” higher in the front (cab configuration dependent) with a touch more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear Carli Coil Springs will drop by ½”-1” to level the truck while upping the rear suspension capacity to a respectable 2,000lbs.

this should play out a little different on the 19 correct?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
After replacing my PW Load Range D OEM tires with 1" taller Load Range E tires there is no side to side sway with carrying 2,000 pounds of very hard to get due to business closures wood pellet bags spread evenly under a topper covered bed. Sway was a major issue with the OEM tires. The truck looks flat and level. It still handles normal on mountain road cornering under load.

Disclaimer...Although there's a concern about exceeding the gross vehicle weight to some readers, the majority of my drive's 90 mile round trip is barren due to having a population density of from 0 to 4 people per square mile. Normal traffic slow downs are cattle drives, deer, Bighorn Sheep, and folks just stopping in the middle of the road to chat. If on the rare occasion another vehicle is coming from the opposite direction we wave at each other. I have had no issues or driving concerns carrying 2,000 pounds plus a topper on the stock springs.
Yes I am set on Load E for sure. I like to be ready for the what if’s in life. You never know if and when you will need to tow or haul something heavy. Air bags is on my wish list too.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
But if I can only put 1600lbs in the bed now, this setup would get me to 2000 if I understand you correctly!?
That is what I understand too, but I emailed them to validate. There is a blurb on their website, showing pictures, weight and scale. I think we are correct -- hence my move to Carli vs Thuren. (I am going with a Thuren King steering damper though).

Last edited:

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
That is what I understand too, but I emailed them to validate. There is a blurb on their website, showing pictures, weight and scale. I think we are correct -- hence my move to Carli vs Thuren. (I am going with a Thuren King steering dampener though).
Single or dual king damper? If I remeber right carli offers a a dual

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Single or dual king damper? If I remeber right carli offers a a dual

It’s actually a Thuren King. Carli uses its own IFP shock. My installer said all the cool kids use these Thurens. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
What does a steering dampener do for you?
The power wagons have one stock. They help keep the steering wheel from making erratic movements when you hit a pothole or something else at speed. Most people upgrade to a stiffer one when doing off road at the stock one usually isnt meant for harsh off roading.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Better the Fox? Thuren is priced higher by ~$100

PERFORMANCE SERIES 2.0 SMOOTH BODY IFP STABILIZER

Position: Stabilizer
Drive: 4WD
Lift: N/A
Partnumber: 985-24-170
Retail: $169.95
It's a king shock. So definitely. That said, the front and rear shocks are Fox 2.0, but have Carli's valve tuning (not factory). The owner of Carli is quite "full of himself" but he certainly knows his stuff. Check him out on Youtube as he geeks out on the engineering. I didn't go with Carli damper, as it is subpar to the Thuren with the King shock. I will be dropping the truck off this Thursday (as long as all parts are in) and pick it up on Friday. (fingers crossed).

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
It's a king shock. So definitely. That said, the front and rear shocks are Fox 2.0, but have Carli's valve tuning (not factory). The owner of Carli is quite "full of himself" but he certainly knows his stuff. Check him out on Youtube as he geeks out on the engineering. I didn't go with Carli damper, as it is subpar to the Thuren with the King shock. I will be dropping the truck off this Thursday (as long as all parts are in) and pick it up on Friday. (fingers crossed).
Man if a shops doing it. You should crawl under it and check it all. They don’t tq stuff typically. Unless you know the shop really good. I wish if we payed somebody to do something they’d do it right

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Man if a shops doing it. You should crawl under it and check it all. They don’t tq stuff typically. Unless you know the shop really good. I wish if we payed somebody to do something they’d do it right
Interstingly enough, I asked Thuren who I should use, come to find out the guy also does Carli. That got me doing research :)

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ain't that the truth. When I had the ONLY shop in town install my lift kit for $800 labor as the dealer wanted $1183 in labor, they didnt run down and tighten the front upper swaybar endlinks bolts. Like wtf. How do you miss that? Anyways, they did a retorque at 500 miles for free. I'm thinking when I have the extra cash I'll swing by moody afb and use the auto craft center to put it on a lift and check everything again.

I also need to do another alignment as it pulls the the right a little but I'm waiting till I get the new wheels. Hopefully this week. I know I've been saying that for 2 weeks lol