4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinn407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found it... The harness is the thchd3 and both the dball and dball2 will work, only diff is the newer models require a couple extra wires to be teed in...

Justinn407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doug43235 on eBay is very knowledgable and can answer any detailed questions...

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found it... The harness is the thchd3 and both the dball and dball2 will work, only diff is the newer models require a couple extra wires to be teed in...

So you can't do a plug and play just for the remote start anymore?Liked the idea of being able to pop it out if the truck was heading back to the dealer for a warr. issue.That and don't like the idea of butchering up the wiring on a new truck.

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Remote start

Anybody have contact number for Doug on the dball kit

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plug N Play Remote Starter FOR 2013 2014 2015 Dodge RAM DBALL2 Uses Remotes | eBay
Thats the kit you will need. I just installed it in my 2015 ram. Took less than 30minutes to do. You do not need to hook up any wires. If you would like to have your lights on while remote starting then you need to hook up one wire however it is not necessary.
If you do want to have lights on then hook up the purple/brown wire from the tharness to the parking light switch (white/brown) wire. Reach up behind the dash to where parking light switch is and unplug the hardness and bring it down. Easy to wire it up once its unplugged. Let me know if you have any questions!

Brewster91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Plug N Play Remote Starter FOR 2013 2014 2015 Dodge RAM DBALL2 Uses Remotes | eBay
Thats the kit you will need. I just installed it in my 2015 ram. Took less than 30minutes to do. You do not need to hook up any wires. If you would like to have your lights on while remote starting then you need to hook up one wire however it is not necessary.
If you do want to have lights on then hook up the purple/brown wire from the tharness to the parking light switch (white/brown) wire. Reach up behind the dash to where parking light switch is and unplug the hardness and bring it down. Easy to wire it up once its unplugged. Let me know if you have any questions!

So if I buy this I dont need to buy a remote starter, like Viper, correct? I am trying to verify. I am a total n00b with this...

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly that module (DBALL2) acts as a bypass module and lets you remote start via your existing remote (hitting the lock button 3 times) The T harness makes the remote start a piece of cake and like i said you do not need to tap into any wires the remote start is plug in play. You unplug two hardness and plug them into t harness. The only thing you need to do is program the module and then follow the key2go programming steps that Doug provides you.
Very easy and highly recommend to go through doug as he provides the key2go access that you need!

Vram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the Viper Smart Start with the 3x lock button start, I didn't install it though. Never know when I might need to warm the truck up from a county away.

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Exactly that module (DBALL2) acts as a bypass module and lets you remote start via your existing remote (hitting the lock button 3 times) The T harness makes the remote start a piece of cake and like i said you do not need to tap into any wires the remote start is plug in play. You unplug two hardness and plug them into t harness. The only thing you need to do is program the module and then follow the key2go programming steps that Doug provides you.
Very easy and highly recommend to go through doug as he provides the key2go access that you need!

Thanks for putting this out there, Just bought the mentioned ebay kit from Doug.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I haven't read through this whole thread but can someone tell me if this kit Doug sells on eBay is compatible with any aftermarket alarms without adding an additional FOB?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, I haven't read through this whole thread but can someone tell me if this kit Doug sells on eBay is compatible with any aftermarket alarms without adding an additional FOB?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I know that it has a serial data connector on it that allows it to talk to a security system, but I couldn't find a list of supported systems. Instead they only mention an add-on range extender 2-way fob and Smart Start. If your security system is one of the Directed Brands then you can probably use the Data 2 Data cable and integrate it with your existing system.

I would find the manual for your existed system and see if you have the D-2-D or Data to Data port/cable.

OriginUnknown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did this today on my '13 1500 with Dougs kit, I think it was about 150 for everything from him. I ran into an issue on the programming portion of the install. I couldn't complete "phase 2" of programming the dball on the key2go site. I spent about an hour getting very frustrated since all I had read were posts from people saying the whole process took 5-10 mins. Turns out I had to flip the safety switch to "Off", and then everything was done in a few mins. I'm not sure if my safety switch was wired backwards or if I'm just interpreting it backwards. I assumed "On" meant the device was working, but maybe "On" means the safety switch is enabled? Either way, "On" meant kill for me, and "Off" means remote start enabled. So if anybody else has trouble programming, check your switch. Once I got it running I was very happy. It's very easy and worth every penny.

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No it definately should have been in the off position (Off), so good find!! I actually heard this a few times were it happened it was backwards.
Anyways congrats on the install.

OriginUnknown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input. One question I have: is it possible to program both my keys to remote start? Only the key I programmed seems to work.

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You have to train both keys during the key2go step, where you turn to run,then off and pull the key out twice. Then within 5 seconds you go through it again with the 2nd key. Then plug dball2 back to xkloader and finish key2go programming online.

Tot-tot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed this kit from doug today the hardest part was trying to find where i put my zip ties to tie it up i used one key to set it up and both keys work to start the truck.