4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So this is all you need, no need to order vehicle specific cable, or send unit into be programmed, etc?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_150819_Flash-Logic-FLRSCH10.html

Oddly enough SonicElextronix warns this will not fit my 2016 BigHorn :confused:
For my truck yes, this was a complete kit. Came with the cable to flash it from your PC. The rest was plug n play with he exception of the hood switch and horn tap.

I got mine from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flashlogic...00-2500-3500-Plug-N-Play-Harness/162692787402

Last edited:

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Toeknee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would the sonicelectronix harness work for my 2014??????????
Thanks

atc250r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm kind of curious about this too. It's too bad Doug isn't doing the 2015 anymore I'd like to do the install without having to send the remote start box back and forth to be flashed. My truck has the tip start so other than the OEM kit which requires a tow to the dealer and the 12V Solutions that is $230 what are my options? I only have one fob and although the dealer is looking for the other one for the other one I'm not confident in them providing me with one. Maybe the oem one is my best option since it comes with 2 remotes.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am going with the FlashLogic FLRSCH10 from eBay that @Hemi395 recommended - Basically Plug and Play, does require programming but no mailing the unit back, you program it yourself on the Flashlogic website with the included flashlogic cable. It's legit programming unlike Doug's "shared dealer login" deal that got his account pulled, and less that $150. Got mine here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flashlogic...00-2500-3500-Plug-N-Play-Harness/162692787402

I would like to have gone with the Mopar unit, but it's $260 for the kit and then either a 3 hour labor charge for install, or an $135 charge for the flash if I installed it myself. So about 3-4x as much. IF I lived up north I might have considered it more, but since I am in Florida I won't use it as near as much as someone up in the cold weather states, and went with the lesser cost aftermarket solution.

atc250r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info. I'll have to figure out if it's worth it to get the factory one since I need more fobs. I'll also have to ask around and see if any friends have a hookup at a Dodge dealer.

W4ZWA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
5.7L
I am going with the FlashLogic FLRSCH10 from eBay that @Hemi395 recommended - Basically Plug and Play, does require programming but no mailing the unit back, you program it yourself on the Flashlogic website with the included flashlogic cable. It's legit programming unlike Doug's "shared dealer login" deal that got his account pulled, and less that $150. Got mine here.

I would like to have gone with the Mopar unit, but it's $260 for the kit and then either a 3 hour labor charge for install, or an $135 charge for the flash if I installed it myself. So about 3-4x as much. IF I lived up north I might have considered it more, but since I am in Florida I won't use it as near as much as someone up in the cold weather states, and went with the lesser cost aftermarket solution.
I just installed the same flashlogic unit last weekend in my 2018 1500, works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
I just installed the same flashlogic unit last weekend in my 2018 1500, works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My brain is fried from trying to figure this out. I bought a 2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman with the power group. Is this the cheapest product that will enable remote start? Will I still need to see the dealer for programming?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My brain is fried from trying to figure this out. I bought a 2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman with the power group. Is this the cheapest product that will enable remote start? Will I still need to see the dealer for programming?

See link I posted above. Maybe not the absolute cheapest, but you aren't dependent on the seller keeping there DBAL account - which is what happened with "Doug" and a few other sellers, and why they are no longer able to sell/support them.

The Flashlogic is plug and play, includes the USB programming cable, doesn't require tapping of the headlight harness (they provide a passthrough) and you program yourself via the website so you can always go back and re-program yourself if needed instead of relying on some ebay seller who may or may not be around in 6 months. No dealer programming required.

Caveat - for the 2018's I do think you will need to splice a wire. Otherwise, it's pretty much Plug and Play. Takes about 15 min to install.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to adapt this to be a push-button start somehow?

For those of us who were dumb enough not to buy it in the first place, in what way could we get that functionality?

Does this still require that you place the key in the ignition prior to being able to switch into gear, or is it up and running from word go?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
See link I posted above. Maybe not the absolute cheapest, but you aren't dependent on the seller keeping there DBAL account - which is what happened with "Doug" and a few other sellers, and why they are no longer able to sell/support them.

The Flashlogic is plug and play, includes the USB programming cable, doesn't require tapping of the headlight harness (they provide a passthrough) and you program yourself via the website so you can always go back and re-program yourself if needed instead of relying on some ebay seller who may or may not be around in 6 months. No dealer programming required.

Caveat - for the 2018's I do think you will need to splice a wire. Otherwise, it's pretty much Plug and Play. Takes about 15 min to install.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is there a way to adapt this to be a push-button start somehow?

For those of us who were dumb enough not to buy it in the first place, in what way could we get that functionality?

Does this still require that you place the key in the ignition prior to being able to switch into gear, or is it up and running from word go?
If it's the same unit I purchased years ago it will turn off as soon as the brake is pushed and/or some combination of door open/close.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet

Thank you so much for the clear summary. Just ordered from your eBay link as well.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's the same unit I purchased years ago it will turn off as soon as the brake is pushed and/or some combination of door open/close.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hmm, bummer. Still looking for a reliable push-button start that others have tested before me...

Thank you sir, as always, helpful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat