4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

W4ZWA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
5.7L
My brain is fried from trying to figure this out. I bought a 2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman with the power group. Is this the cheapest product that will enable remote start? Will I still need to see the dealer for programming?
$150 isn't bad for a remote starter, works great on my 18 Express

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is there a way to adapt this to be a push-button start somehow?

For those of us who were dumb enough not to buy it in the first place, in what way could we get that functionality?

Does this still require that you place the key in the ignition prior to being able to switch into gear, or is it up and running from word go?

You can add OEM push button start, it's a bit spendy, but for the basic setup I think around $700. To get the "full experience" ie proximity handles and lockout prevention etc it's closer to $1800... take a look at this thread...

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
$150 isn't bad for a remote starter, works great on my 18 Express

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've only had my Flashlogic installed for a few days, but for $150 I am impressed. Install is very simple if you read the instructions lol. They give you a feature overview page in the box, but you need to download the full install guide from the flashlogic website. You connect to laptop and flash once with basic vehicle info, connect to truck, do the key programming bit, then re-attach to laptop to complete the KLON programming, then put back in truck. Test, tuck wiring harness, and you are done. Total time including wiring and programming about 15-20 minutes. Also has provisions for hood pin (or other safety option like tilt switch) and sounding horn on start by running additional wires, also included.

As mentioned, I believe on the 2018 you will need to splice one wire.

Also, the one I linked is for Tip Start - if you have PTS it is a different unit I believe... so check http://www.flashlogic.com/ to be sure.

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
I've only had my Flashlogic installed for a few days, but for $150 I am impressed. Install is very simple if you read the instructions lol. They give you a feature overview page in the box, but you need to download the full install guide from the flashlogic website. You connect to laptop and flash once with basic vehicle info, connect to truck, do the key programming bit, then re-attach to laptop to complete the KLON programming, then put back in truck. Test, tuck wiring harness, and you are done. Total time including wiring and programming about 15-20 minutes. Also has provisions for hood pin (or other safety option like tilt switch) and sounding horn on start by running additional wires, also included.

As mentioned, I believe on the 2018 you will need to splice one wire.

Also, the one I linked is for Tip Start - if you have PTS it is a different unit I believe... so check http://www.flashlogic.com/ to be sure.

Installing the FLRSCH10 unit right now. For the 2018, the harness needs to be opened up and 2 wires need to be run to the "CAN JUNCTION BLOCK" (gray). I have no clue where this socket or plug is. The online guide is a mess to be honest. Do you have an idea?

Image1.png

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
I think I found this plug, hiding to the side all wrapped up in foamy tape, unused.

Questions is, is the posted plug in the diagram the top-view or the back-view of the plug. Yet another nice guessing game.

Man their manual sucks ass! And why don't they have a kit for 2018s with a proper plug in place? Half-assed ********!

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
Tried the back-view connection, was able to code the module and flash the key data on the commuter. Reconnected to the truck, still not working. Now the LEDs won't come on again even though I didn't change the wiring.

Reset the module, now it's not going into coding mode again.

What a finicky ************* this is.

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
I made it work. There must be a defective wire in the harness. If I bend it one way, it works, if I bend it the other direction it doesn't. Used a zip-tie to keep it bent in the working direction until I have replacement.

Wasted several hours with this ********. Would not buy again.

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just installed this flashlogic unit. Went well. Shipped with a hood pin and some extra wiring.
The programmed the front half and I finished the rest. They supplied the printed pages for install as well.
Anyone install this hood sensor?
Sorry Crockett had issues but **** DOES happen. Lets see how flashlogic responds.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed this flashlogic unit. Went well. Shipped with a hood pin and some extra wiring.
The programmed the front half and I finished the rest. They supplied the printed pages for install as well.
Anyone install this hood sensor?
Sorry Crockett had issues but **** DOES happen. Lets see how flashlogic responds.
I've been toying with the idea of installing it just in case I forget my keys in my pocket while I'm doing an oil change or something. I can see myself starting it by mistake with no oil....

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been toying with the idea of installing it just in case I forget my keys in my pocket while I'm doing an oil change or something. I can see myself starting it by mistake with no oil....
I've done it. What's worse is not having the drain plug or the oil filter in! It's like a baby blowing out a diaper...hot and messy!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just paid an ebay vendor about 150.00 for that. I did have to give him information on the truck and he did the PRE programming. Then I did the install and did the final programming. It works well on my 2016 tip start.
If this vendor is giving the same service and part's it is quite a savings!

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The listing does mention the following:

Installation Note: Some vehicles and modules may include a second step for programming, but we do not offer flashing for these modules. Please see the manufacturer's requirements to make sure you have everything you need prior to your installation. When in doubt, check with an authorized, experienced installer.

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Saw the mailman turn onto my street, ran out and removed the lower dash panel and met him at the foot of my driveway, opened the box and had the unit installed and dash back together in like 5 minutes.

Firewall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I installed a Fortin EVO-All in my 2018 today. It went pretty smoothly, slight hiccup with programming the OEM key but got through that. The next issue was the check engine light. It came on and would not clear. I googled the issue and it was with the programming of the EVO. I originally programmed it with the suggested options from Fortin. Once I uploaded with only the options I needed the check engine light cleared. Works like a charm now!

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6