5.7 hemi will not start in extreme cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to forum. My truck will not start in 0 degree cold. Engine will crank but will not fire.
The brake pedal goes goes stiff and doesnt go down when hitting start button. It feels like it goes into a safe mode and cranks for about 5 seconds. The truck had a full tank of gas and I even had fuel treatment added to the tank.
The first time it happened I thought the injectors were frozen so i put a hair dryer on the engine, after about 20 minutes the truck would start and run fine. (no engine code) This happened 4 times this past winter.
I took it to the dealer and explained exactly what happened and of course they couldn't find anything wrong.
Now I only have about 2,000 left on warranty.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
An odd one for sure and is going to be about impossible to troubleshoot if it only happens at 0degF and under.

l don't get the only crank for 5sec thing, then stop, unless this is some feature on 5th gen Rams.