5.7 Performance Part Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, spent Easter weekend wrenching on the truck. I managed to get the long tubes wrapped & installed, swapped the ECU, added a catch can, and some other miscellaneous things done.

I'll do new plugs with the intake swap. I just haven't had time to mess with the intake and get it ready.

Surprisingly the job overall wasn't too bad by myself. I pulled the driver's side off first, which is where most of the noise was coming from. I was surprised to see no cracks in the manifold. Or at least I can't tell there are any in it. I did see though where the exhaust was escaping thru the header and gasket once removed. You can see the trail on the head (Red arrows). I also surprising didn't have any issues removing bolts, though I found one broken upon starting to remove the bolts. and didn't realize there was a second one broken off in the head until after removing the passenger side and seeing more holes (blue circle).
DriveHead (2).jpg
Luckily I was ready to deal with this issue. Honestly at first I though the hole was just not drilled from the factory but after messing with it I soon realized it was a broken stud.
Broken (2).jpg

Here is the before and after on the Heat wrap.
SWH.jpgSWHW.jpg
Please ignore the messy tool boxes. Ten pounds of crap and no place to put it all. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452