5TH Gen Alfa OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any info on this?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I don't have any info on it and I haven't tried. But from what I'm told it should work

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok well if anybody is curious here is the proper settings for Laramie DT;

VehConfig 1
Special Package - DT Base/Sport/SLT+/Laramie
VehConfig 2
Special Package - Premium (Default), or SXT or R/T, or Laramie
VehConfig 3
Vehicle Brand - Ram
VehConfig 7
Vehicle Package - None

Was able to get it figured out.

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
2019 Big Horn 3500 Alfa...I took the kick panel off...removed headlight switch...all I could find was the green canbus bar, two too be exact..no white one...so took a chance and only installed harness to the green bar...opened up Alfa...was able to enable led high lows...drl in turn signals ..led cargos...everything worked...any idea where the white bar is? Do or will I need it? I know both plugs found a spot on my 19 1500 classic...odd...but it worked on the 3500 with only green bar. DeereGuy? any thoughts....

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
Has anyone figured out if the 5th gens have a factory alarm that we can activate with alfaobd yet like the 4th gens?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone really dove into a 5th gen with Alfa? Is there a list of confirmed working changes anywhere?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Has anyone really dove into a 5th gen with Alfa? Is there a list of confirmed working changes anywhere?

Plenty of info out there for 5th gen trucks.

I don't know of a master list anywhere like for the 4th gens but I do know a lot of those settings work.

The capabilities change with each version that gets put out, especially since these trucks are only a few years old.

Here are the ones that got me started:

- There wasn't a lot out there when I first got my truck so I went to the 4th gen thread to learn about it: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

- The most 5th gen activity seems to be on the 5thgenrams forum. Since that's where I'm most active (forum-wise) this is the thread I regularly follow. It won't let me post the link (puts a bunch of '****' in there) so Google search "5thgenrams Alfa OBD".

- Here is a consolidation of some good stuff from the HDRams forum. It's for the 4.5 gen truck which is the 5th gen tech in a 4th gen body: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...s-code-mods-and-common-alfaobd-settings.3468/

Last edited:

deane10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I can confirm many of the listings in the above two links work on the 2021. I changed the drop-out's as well as added in the bed lighting on my 2021. Made some other changes to 5th Gen trucks owned by others in the club. I also know that the bypass cable from the 2018 works on the 2019+ but you have to flip the slots. IE: (assuming you have the yellow and brown cable) if the yellow cable was plugged into #4 it should be swapped with #16 on the OBD plug.

mfcjr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
My first post. I have read every post here and on fifth gen forum having to do with Alfaobd. Finally bought what I need to connect to the body computer. It seems to me that it works equally as well on the fifth gen. trucks like mine. I started with something simple, activating the tailgate ajar light on the evic. Because I installed OEM motorized side steps I then added the soft keys to control the side steps. Finally I activated the entry alarm system. Surprisingly easy. But I learned a lot about the logic used when reading the fourth gen posts and many YouTube videos. The fifth gen. Command lines are not exactly like the older versions but are similar. It would be nice to see a list of changes everyone has made since it seems like it takes more than one action to make most of these changes. As an example the entry alarm took 3 line changes to activate the alarm and the dash light.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
It would be nice to see a list of changes everyone has made since it seems like it takes more than one action to make most of these changes. As an example the entry alarm took 3 line changes to activate the alarm and the dash light.
What 3 things did you change to activate the alarm?

mfcjr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
1. Under LIN and Misc,. VTA system state to Security
2. Under CBC Input/output, connector A pin 11 Hood Ajar input present to Yes. Mine was already yes so not changed.
3. CBC input/output, Connector G pin 2 VTA Warning LED OUT present to Yes ( this activates the evic light when system is activated)
4. CBC FEATURES, Hood Ajar monitoring to yes

HEMI-FI

Active Duty Air Force ( B-2 Hydraulics)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a factory BCM Config for a 19-21 Gen 4.5 2500?

Cwrong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I changed my tires and wheels on my 2020 5th gen when I tried updating the size it caused my speedometer to be over by 2 mph. I've tried to go back in numerous times to change the size around to correct the speedometer with no avail. Also my front and rear park sensors went unavailable. Can any one help get things corrected?

OEM tires were 275/65/18
Changed to LT285/55/20

Last edited:

Sdlopez83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I changed my tires and wheels on my 2020 5th gen when I tried updating the size it caused my speedometer to be over by 2 mph. I've tried to go back in numerous times to change the size around to correct the speedometer with no avail. Also my front and rear park sensors went unavailable. Can any one help get things corrected?

OEM tires were 275/65/18
Changed to LT285/55/20
I have the same problem. We're you able to figure it out?

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

OEM tires were 275/65/18
Changed to LT285/55/20
I went from 245/70/17 to 285/70/17 and my Speedo shows 2 mph slower than the actual speed. I’m also not sure how to fix.

Rob H 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey folks, I'm a newby here but was referred to this forum for AlphaOBD questions and DIY. Here is my problem/question...
I have 2021 Ram 1500 Built to Serve and frequently camp in it. I like to sleep in the back seat and use the Auto start to occasionally start the vehicle throughout the night to warm the interior. I have found that I am limited to only 2 restarts and am wondering if there is a work around to increase that number. Not sure if AlphaOBD can change that setting or if there is some other place I can go to change it. Thnaks in advance.
Rob

PAbloqc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With bypass ans mx+ on apk i was able to change the odo but not the hours cluster swap for rebel ram dt 2021
The hours i have try on the PC the option not there on Android i see the cluster flash but hours dont change. Dont know if any have tip