A little vent session

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Remember how I started this whole post talking about a check engine light which I've had a different dealer in a whole other town "fix" twice for me? Well, I hopped in my truck this morning and....

View attachment 135216

I didn’t see anything from @ramcares in this whole thread.
I tell ya brother I’d be livid over this BS

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road package

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Remember how I started this whole post talking about a check engine light which I've had a different dealer in a whole other town "fix" twice for me? Well, I hopped in my truck this morning and....

View attachment 135216
Dang again. I know you said gas cap. But are you making sure that thing clicks a few times once you put it back on? Mine will do it now and then and every time is been the cap. I’m to the point I turn it well beyond what I think it needs. Only when I’m rushed I forget and it’ll i me on. when did you get gas in r slight came on?

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang again. I know you said gas cap. But are you making sure that thing clicks a few times once you put it back on? Mine will do it now and then and every time is been the cap. I’m to the point I turn it well beyond what I think it needs. Only when I’m rushed I forget and it’ll i me on. when did you get gas in r slight came on?

I got gas Saturday evening, after the G2G, and the light came on this morning.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I got gas Saturday evening, after the G2G, and the light came on this morning.
Hmmmm, weird. I would rest the cap and drive it for a while and see if it does in fact clear out if you haven’t already done that. Every Chrysler vechile ive has is a pain in butt with the cap. My wife had a pt cruiser and I had gas caps in stock lol. Such a pain in ass on brand new truck. I feel for ya

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmmm, weird. I would rest the cap and drive it for a while and see if it does in fact clear out if you haven’t already done that. Every Chrysler vechile ive has is a pain in butt with the cap. My wife had a pt cruiser and I had gas caps in stock lol. Such a pain in ass on brand new truck. I feel for ya

Just for clarity, it is a (new to me)... used... truck. Just rolled 36038 this morning.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Amen Amen and fact. 6 Ram trucks. Every one of them at some point had this gas cap evap system leak problem. Have used Stant and Gates caps. Critical that we turn the cap at least 3 times. BTW, the Vaseline on the neck realy does work on my older truck.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Just for clarity, it is a (new to me)... used... truck. Just rolled 36038 this morning.
Oh. Well in that case. Welcome to the used truck issue world :boxing: I’d def try resetting cap first. Did you get extended warranty?

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh. Well in that case. Welcome to the used truck issue world :boxing: I’d def try resetting cap first. Did you get extended warranty?

Yep, got the 100K warranty - the "nearly bumper to bumper" one, not just the PT version. But, I normally get Route 66 warranties, which allow me to take my vehicle anywhere. I'm nervous about this one since I will have to take this to Ram only now and I can't seem to find a Ram service department I can trust in my area.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Yep, got the 100K warranty - the "nearly bumper to bumper" one, not just the PT version. But, I normally get Route 66 warranties, which allow me to take my vehicle anywhere. I'm nervous about this one since I will have to take this to Ram only now and I can't seem to find a Ram service department I can trust in my area.
Well if you find a good ram service department yell at me. Cause we’re not that far apart when it comes to a good ram dealer

dlromo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
terrible that something like this can happen, i've had new gmcs and fords and never have come across anything like this, i'm feeling a little sense of regret\doom creeping in with my 1st ram

i called my nearest dealership to make an appointment for the cruise control recall and was told they're not making appointments for it to just drop it off and they'll "get to it when they can"

almost as if i need to baby my truck to keep anything from breaking to avoid a trip to the dealership, at least until i'm not upside down anymore.............

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Oh wow that’s the first that I’ve heard of that. My old dealership not only would make me an appointment, they would drop me off if I wanted, or provide with me with a vehicle just so I wouldn’t be stranded at home. Are you in NJ ?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Rats as I was going to pm you my dealership and the guy to go to contact wise.

SportinaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI!
Holy ****. One step closer to having seen it all. What a disaster of a dealership.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no, san marcos, tx

Ah yes, SM. You have to just drop your vehicle and (hope) they get to it in the next day or 2. I have a 2015 3500 Diesel Dually work truck. When it had 22K miles on it a check engine light came on in regards to the DEF system. We took it to them 5 more times over the next 30K miles for the SAME issue. Well, on trip #6 we got "we're sorry, your truck is out of warranty and is no longer covered". So, even though the problem started, and was never fixed while IN warranty you're no longer covering it? "yes sir, that is correct". So, we took that truck and paid $2500 for someone to rip the DEF system out. Problem "fixed" and we no longer go to San Marcos. You see what I'm getting at. NONE of the dealers in my area are dependable.

I just dropped my truck off with Ancira in San Antonio (where I purchased it from - and the check engine problem). Hopefully it will be fixed this time, and I've asked them to see if they can fix the XM so I don't have to go back to South Point. Their jaws dropped when I showed them the picture of my dash in pieces. A "good on them" though, at least Ancira has provided me a comfortable loaner on each trip.

dlromo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Maybe we should copy this entire thread and post it to the 'Why hasn't Ram surpassed Ford in sales' thread.....

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ah yes, SM. You have to just drop your vehicle and (hope) they get to it in the next day or 2. I have a 2015 3500 Diesel Dually work truck. When it had 22K miles on it a check engine light came on in regards to the DEF system. We took it to them 5 more times over the next 30K miles for the SAME issue. Well, on trip #6 we got "we're sorry, your truck is out of warranty and is no longer covered". So, even though the problem started, and was never fixed while IN warranty you're no longer covering it? "yes sir, that is correct". So, we took that truck and paid $2500 for someone to rip the DEF system out. Problem "fixed" and we no longer go to San Marcos. You see what I'm getting at. NONE of the dealers in my area are dependable.

I just dropped my truck off with Ancira in San Antonio (where I purchased it from - and the check engine problem). Hopefully it will be fixed this time, and I've asked them to see if they can fix the XM so I don't have to go back to South Point. Their jaws dropped when I showed them the picture of my dash in pieces. A "good on them" though, at least Ancira has provided me a comfortable loaner on each trip.

I am truly sorry that you are going through all of this. No way if I were in charge would any of this be occurring. I always say the sale never just ends upon purchase. Maybe that’s why so many liked dealing with me. [emoji2]

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe we should copy this entire thread and post it to the 'Why hasn't Ram surpassed Ford in sales' thread.....

Interesting that you mention that. As a small business owner, my personal truck is a Ram and 4 of my work trucks are Rams. However, we recently needed to add another vehicle to our fleet and we went with... Ford.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, that’s crazy...when the dealer rammed my truck into their ceiling, at least they took it to an auto body shop to have them ensure it was road-worthy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk