ADDING TO OIL CHANGE CONFUSION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was put onto a place in Edmonton Can West Transmission by Wild One..he knew of this place..I called threy are out of stock presently waiting for amn order that is on a train somewhere in Minnesota...their ph 780 900-4435...good luck gert in line...I am going to Tacoma on the 10th for a dog show..plan to pick a few bottles up while I am there to be on the safe side...also getting my VARARAM..!!...was shipped there before Xmas..so will bring it back and install at home..
Keep your stock airbox for the winter Dave.Vararams have been known to drift full of snow,if you're driving in a snow storm,or have to park it outside.I had a buddy put one on his truck,during a Chinook,then roar out to my place to show it off.The streets were wet and slushy in Calgary,and by the time he got to my place in Airdrie,he'd picked up enough wet slushy salt infested road crap,the filter had started to collasp,and had a couple big open spots,letting alot of the road crap into the engine.I had to drive him back into the city,and we picked up his original airbox and threw it back on.After that he swapped the Vararam back to the original airbox every winter.If you hunt around on google/youtube,you'll find pictures of them drifted full of snow.They aren't really a winter airbox for up here

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well now you tell me..geeez Rick..LOL..Yep I figured as much as a JAFO ( Blue Thunder fame ) that snow might be asn issue so I was just getting it to have something I could do when seasons change like winter rims etc..but thanks for confirming bud !

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well now you tell me..geeez Rick..LOL..Yep I figured as much as a JAFO ( Blue Thunder fame ) that snow might be asn issue so I was just getting it to have something I could do when seasons change like winter rims etc..but thanks for confirming bud !
I think Filter Wear or Outer Wear have a sock for the Vararam air filter Dave,if they do,i'd invest in one.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just bought one.
They're worth having in my opinion.Some guys claim they hurt power,but i've done a couple back to back tests at the track ,between having them on and having them off on both the truck and the wifes old Shaker hood 2016 Challenger,and neither vehicle changed et or trap speed.And that was going from a used filter with the sock,to brand new filters with no sock on both vehicles.It's a 155 miles up to Castrol,so anything i take up for racing,makes the drive up on the daily driver filter,and then i swap to brand new filters at the track

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Cummins of Fleetguard filters. Use the oil called for in your owner's manual. Auto engineers know more than you do.

Mikeyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I agree with that opine. I do recommend that he change oil and filter himself it will get easier every time. I use a cut down plastic can to drain it in, mine is a 2500. I use a battery impact wrench to remove the plug of course I tork it when I go back. I’ve been thinking about those valves to install where the oil plug is but im skeptical of that method. Thanks