Alfaobd - Rear View Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roger Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello All,
I've been reading through threads but I haven't found a solution. I have a 2016 RAM 2500. I purchased the rearview camera and UAQ unit from Infotainment. Everything is working except for one thing. I did not buy their programmer because I purchased an Alfaobd and OBDLink MX+.

I tried programming the rear view camera options but instead of it changing the settings, it appears to be adding settings below.

Any thoughts?

Update: I learned something new with AlfaOBD. When you make a change, it keeps adding to the file LOG. You have to delete the log and then pull log to not have an appended file.

Tested the rear camera this morning, still no option and no switch over when in reverse.

Solved:
So after 12 hours it just started working. I guess it just took a while for the body controller to activate.

Attachments

• BODY_CHRYSLER_Info_Updated.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Turn rear camera on.

Hello All,
I've been reading through threads but I haven't found a solution. I have a 2016 RAM 2500. I purchased the rearview camera and UAQ unit from Infotainment. Everything is working except for one thing. I did not buy their programmer because I purchased an Alfaobd and OBDLink MX+.

I tried programming the rear view camera options but instead of it changing the settings, it appears to be adding settings below.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20210613-062758_Office.jpg

OP
OP
R

Roger Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Solved:
So after 12 hours it just started working. I guess it just took a while for the body controller to activate.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Solved:
I went to school for Electronics
I made a living for 24 yrs diagnosing and repairing electronics
And I have to say...
Your truck has the slowest electrons I've ever seen, lol!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Roger Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You are NOT kidding. I'm a computer engineer and I was banging my head on the dashboard. But it does make me really curious how often the body computer talks to the radio head unit. It apparently doesn't that often.

Sprink183

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Solved:
I can't get mine to activate right now either. The screen says Camera System Unavailable and it's all blue. I got the handle and camera part only. All the plugs at the tailgate fit perfect. I have heard that there could be a part of the harness (because I think its in 3 sections) could be missing. And more than likely it would be the one behind the dash. I'll wait the 12 hrs, but after that there's no telling how many more beers I can drink.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't get mine to activate right now either. The screen says Camera System Unavailable and it's all blue. I got the handle and camera part only. All the plugs at the tailgate fit perfect. I have heard that there could be a part of the harness (because I think its in 3 sections) could be missing. And more than likely it would be the one behind the dash. I'll wait the 12 hrs, but after that there's no telling how many more beers I can drink.
I installed a newer head unit in my truck and used ALPHA to change settings and I turned on reverse camera as I PLAN on installing it
I get the blue screen and "not available" message it took 12+ hours to get there
I DO NOT have the camera installed yet
I do believe the signal wires are NOT included in the "base" harness
MOPAR sells a kit that includes full wiring to the back of the radio

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963