AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
You can download a trial I think, but it gives you a ton of diagnostic info, you can read faults and clear them, and get extra info on them, and you can do that for every one of the modules, you can read info on them. I'll try to hook it up to my truck here in a little bit and show some examples.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That would be awesome! Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
been through this entire thread.... not totally clear to me, but looked like someone had done it. I have 2 Ram's one is a '15 and the directions from the thread seem very clear when it comes to changing the tire size, including fixing the ABS. My other RAM is an '11. Is the procedure the same for changing the tire size. Probably my number 1 reason for getting the setup. I would also like to turn on DRL's on my '15. I am also considering one of the more dedicated setups like the Rough Country or something like that, but I like the option of doing other things if I want to

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
A buddy of mine recently installed switchback LEDs turn signal bulbs from superbrightleds on his 2012 ST. Enabled HID option, and turn signals as DRLS, and was able to get them to work without using resistors.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
been through this entire thread.... not totally clear to me, but looked like someone had done it. I have 2 Ram's one is a '15 and the directions from the thread seem very clear when it comes to changing the tire size, including fixing the ABS. My other RAM is an '11. Is the procedure the same for changing the tire size. Probably my number 1 reason for getting the setup. I would also like to turn on DRL's on my '15. I am also considering one of the more dedicated setups like the Rough Country or something like that, but I like the option of doing other things if I want to
Not sure about the exact setting on the 2015, check the other thread for that (13+) but on the 2011 it should be under
Car configuration change: Vehicle Config 3: Tire Circumference: ->

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure about the exact setting on the 2015, check the other thread for that (13+) but on the 2011 it should be under
Car configuration change: Vehicle Config 3: Tire Circumference: ->

thanks.... on the '15 thread there was a step after you change the circumference regarding the ABS... do you know if that step needs to happen for an '11?

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A buddy of mine recently installed switchback LEDs turn signal bulbs from superbrightleds on his 2012 ST. Enabled HID option, and turn signals as DRLS, and was able to get them to work without using resistors.

That's promising. I am tempted to try some myself. I emailed the developer and he said he looked through his source and saw no relevant information for MY2012 for switching turn signals to LEDs. They work without hyperflashing? If I could get LEDs to work without hyperflashing and no resistors I'd be very happy.

Which options did he select exactly? I don't see anything that references turn signals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
That's promising. I am tempted to try some myself. I emailed the developer and he said he looked through his source and saw no relevant information for MY2012 for switching turn signals to LEDs. They work without hyperflashing? If I could get LEDs to work without hyperflashing and no resistors I'd be very happy.

Which options did he select exactly? I don't see anything that references turn signals.

Yes, without hyperflash. He said that's the only way he could get them to work properly. He set the DRL lamp location to turn signals, so they illuminate white when on DRL, and then to yellow with the turn signal. Even with the resistors he couldn't get everything to work properly.

For headlight configuration he set to HID.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, without hyperflash. He said that's the only way he could get them to work properly. He set the DRL lamp location to turn signals, so they illuminate white when on DRL, and then to yellow with the turn signal. Even with the resistors he couldn't get everything to work properly.

For headlight configuration he set to HID.

Awesome. Thanks brother. Hopefully I have the same luck. Did he happen to change the tail lamps as well? That's my other concern. I didn't see anything for tail lights but admittedly I haven't looked to hard yet.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Awesome. Thanks brother. Hopefully I have the same luck. Did he happen to change the tail lamps as well? That's my other concern. I didn't see anything for tail lights but admittedly I haven't looked to hard yet.

No not yet. The tail lamps you can't do switch back in because they are red lenses, but I'm planning on switching mine out with just regular canbus LEDs soon in the rear to test.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I was just wondering about it hyperflashing and what you would switch to stop it in AlfaOBD. If a regular LED works then I'll probably get some for both the front and rear. Since the front seems to work fine after switching the HID setting, the only thing holding me back are the tail lamps.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
thanks.... on the '15 thread there was a step after you change the circumference regarding the ABS... do you know if that step needs to happen for an '11?
Not that I'm aware of, I've changed mine a few times now, when I switched to winter tires and back and haven't had any ABS codes or anything come up.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok , seen it asked MULTIPLE TIMES but no answer.. have any of you guys been able to ascertain if GLOBAL DOWN is an
option on the PRE 13s

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
ok , seen it asked MULTIPLE TIMES but no answer.. have any of you guys been able to ascertain if GLOBAL DOWN is an
option on the PRE 13s
Do you mean the one touch control for the front windows? Press the button once and the window goes down?

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I believe that only works on 2009 to 2012. I have a 2011 and it works on mine.

Edit. 2011 may have been the last year.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe that only works on 2009 to 2012. I have a 2011 and it works on mine.

Edit. 2011 may have been the last year.

you can turn it on, I was able to use alfaobd to turn it on in my 13 .. my brother has a 12 and he would like it turned on also
so I was curious if anyone with a pre 2013 had done it yet

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
you can turn it on, I was able to use alfaobd to turn it on in my 13 .. my brother has a 12 and he would like it turned on also
so I was curious if anyone with a pre 2013 had done it yet
Would really help to know what he did on his truck to turn it on to see if it's possible. Most likely, many haven't done it, because their truck already had it.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This doesn't really have to do with AlfaOBD itself, but getting LEDs swapped in without hyperflashing is what I was going to use it for anyway. I got all the exterior bulbs swapped to LED with no issues so far and did not have to switch anything in the app.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would really help to know what he did on his truck to turn it on to see if it's possible. Most likely, many haven't done it, because their truck already had it.

you are confusing me.. I AM the one that turned it on using alfaobd on my 2013... my brother has a 2012 and he would like the global down activated on his truck also.. I asked as did a couple people before me in this thread about doing it and never got a straight answer.

I will plug in to his next week and see what I can do..

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
you are confusing me.. I AM the one that turned it on using alfaobd on my 2013... my brother has a 2012 and he would like the global down activated on his truck also.. I asked as did a couple people before me in this thread about doing it and never got a straight answer.

I will plug in to his next week and see what I can do..
Sorry. I've been up since 4, and pulled over 80 hours at work this week. Where did you enable it? What were the menus?