AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry. I've been up since 4, and pulled over 80 hours at work this week. Where did you enable it? What were the menus?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

car config menu if I remember right.. when I do his if it works I will check back here for sure

Last edited:

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got around to changing drl's from high beams to projector turn signals and fog dropout disabled. Awesome device!

Need to play around with it some more, but I'm hoping there's a way kill the puddle lights after closing doors without needing to lock.

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
I've had 2013 LED tail lights installed on my 2012 Laramie for a number of years and all has been dandy til last week.

Whenever my headlights are turned on, whether I turn them on manually or if they auto activate, I hear a chime and get a message in the EVIC saying "right rear turn signal bulb is out".

I've checked the bulbs and they illuminate fine as running lights and brake lights but the right turn signal now hyper flashes on all bulbs (right headlight assembly, right tow mirror, right Big Rig running light bar, right tail light and the right side scanning indicator of my tailgate light bar).

All of this only happens when my headlights are turned on (manually or auto). I have no hyper flash while driving during the day when the headlights are off.

Is there a way to fix the hyper flashing using Alfa?

AmorshC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I've had 2013 LED tail lights installed on my 2012 Laramie for a number of years and all has been dandy til last week.

Whenever my headlights are turned on, whether I turn them on manually or if they auto activate, I hear a chime and get a message in the EVIC saying "right rear turn signal bulb is out".

I've checked the bulbs and they illuminate fine as running lights and brake lights but the right turn signal now hyper flashes on all bulbs (right headlight assembly, right tow mirror, right Big Rig running light bar, right tail light and the right side scanning indicator of my tailgate light bar).

All of this only happens when my headlights are turned on (manually or auto). I have no hyper flash while driving during the day when the headlights are off.

Is there a way to fix the hyper flashing using Alfa?

When you retrofitted, did you use a resistor in the harness?

The resistor may have gone out.

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
When you retrofitted, did you use a resistor in the harness?

The resistor may have gone out.

Yes, I used resistors and I have verified that it is the resistor that has gone out.

I'm just curious if I must continue to use resistors (that can go out and need replaced over time) or if there is a setting using Alfa to sidestep the need for resistors.

AmorshC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Yes, I used resistors and I have verified that it is the resistor that has gone out.

I'm just curious if I must continue to use resistors (that can go out and need replaced over time) or if there is a setting using Alfa to sidestep the need for resistors.
Supposedly you're able to set led tail light option and it's supposed to throw no codes... But a buddy's truck is having issues without resistors. I believe you must have resistors installed on the tails.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Has anyone with a 06 or 07 got into the ABS module to change the tire size? I see an abs module for the 08 when i connect to alfa but none for 06 or 07. Not sure if the 06-08s have a different abs module or not but i just see that it only specifies for the 08s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drone1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is there a way to program a key fob on 2012?
I just did it. Works perfect.
Ram 2500 Slt 2012

-Radio frequency hub
-Wirless Control Module (2011-2012)
-Select procedure to start
-Program ignition keys or keys fobs
-Enter pin

All in RUN position.

For the pin:
PIN PULL
From playstore

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to figure out how to change the tire size on the 3rd gens. I first tried the tire circumference option and put in in millimeters, but I got an unspecified error. Then I tried the Program Tire Size option and was given something along the lines of "This module does not support this function."

To make it worse, my local dodge dealer said that they can't do anything with the 3rd gens anymore, saying their starscan tools broke and chrysler stopped making them. Whether thats true or not idk, but it just means I'm stuck doing it myself thru alfa or driving until I can find a dealership with a working starscan

Has anyone gotten their tires size changed with 06-08s? I'll probably try again tomorrow cuz I may have just missed a couple of steps but if not I guess my only option is a dealer that has a scantool or a tuner (lol tuning a v6)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but gas anyone found the option to change cargo lights in the third brake light to LED?

I'm trying to correct the issue on my father-in-law's truck where the cargo lights glow when the vehicle is off and the lights are turned off.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
So I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but gas anyone found the option to change cargo lights in the third brake light to LED?

I'm trying to correct the issue on my father-in-law's truck where the cargo lights glow when the vehicle is off and the lights are turned off.

They are glowing because they don't have the proper resistors in them. I've got LEDs in mine, and they don't glow.

There's no setting for the early 4th gen for LED.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They are glowing because they don't have the proper resistors in them. I've got LEDs in mine, and they don't glow.

There's no setting for the early 4th gen for LED.

I was digging through all the settings scratching my head. Thanks for ending my pendantic searches!

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I was digging through all the settings scratching my head. Thanks for ending my pendantic searches!

You're welcome. I haven't seen any settings for early 4th gens for LEDs. Although in my 11 I can't use interior LED bulbs unless they're canbus bulbs. I can use regular exterior led bulbs in the CHMSL, license plate lights, with no issues.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I'm trying to figure out how to change the tire size on the 3rd gens. I first tried the tire circumference option and put in in millimeters, but I got an unspecified error. Then I tried the Program Tire Size option and was given something along the lines of "This module does not support this function."

To make it worse, my local dodge dealer said that they can't do anything with the 3rd gens anymore, saying their starscan tools broke and chrysler stopped making them. Whether thats true or not idk, but it just means I'm stuck doing it myself thru alfa or driving until I can find a dealership with a working starscan

Has anyone gotten their tires size changed with 06-08s? I'll probably try again tomorrow cuz I may have just missed a couple of steps but if not I guess my only option is a dealer that has a scantool or a tuner (lol tuning a v6)
If you have a friend with a smarty or diablo predator, they can set your tire size by loading a program and the tire size will stick when they revert it back to stock. I have a predator for a 06-07 5.9 if you are in Phoenix area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone activated the brake controller with alfaobd on a 2012 1500? I just need to know what needs to be turned on to make it function. Thanks in advance.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone know if there is a way to add digital speed readout to the info center in the middle of the dash?

This. I would absolutely love to have a digital speed readout and I’ve seen digital speed readings on the 09-12 “premium” style clusters with the small 3”-4” screen.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just got alphaobd and the OBDLink mx few days ago and I’m trying to figure out what all I need to do for the following.

Dogs With Highs:
Steps for Foglight dropout to be off (fogs with highs)

DRL’s???:
My truck is a 2012 US model and came with factory Duals. I was wondering if there is any DRL settings I can turn on in my Alpha OBD to make DRL’s work. If so, what are the steps?

Dual Beam High Beam:
I know that the Rams that come with Quads from the factory, they usually work that when you turn on your high beams, your low beams also stay on. Is there a setting in Alpha that I can activate this feature? I have HID’s in my low beams so it’s sort of a hassle to turn my high beams on for 2-3 seconds and then go back to my lows and let them warm up.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Turn the key as far as it goes without starting the truck. This is called the Mar position.

Open AlfaOBD and complete the connection process.

Then...

SELECT CAR MODEL:
RAM 2500 (DJ/Dr)

SELECT FUNCTION:
BODY COMPUTER

SELECT CONTROL UNIT:
Central Gateway Module MY2006-12 Non-PowerNet

Select procedure to start:
"Car configuration change" (last option at the bottom of the menu)

Select option:
Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration (Set this to Canada)

Then...
Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Lamp Location (Set this to Turn Signal DRL)

Exit the app.
Remove the key.
Start the truck.
Put the truck into R or D.
Enjoy the DRLs.

So even though my 2012 United States model Ram came with factory dual style headlights, following these steps should activate the turn signals as the DRL’s?