AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
So even though my 2012 United States model Ram came with factory dual style headlights, following these steps should activate the turn signals as the DRL’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't read the steps. But yes. When I had duals, I turned the turn signals on as DRLs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just got alphaobd and the OBDLink mx few days ago and I’m trying to figure out what all I need to do for the following.

Dogs With Highs:
Steps for Foglight dropout to be off (fogs with highs)

DRL’s???:
My truck is a 2012 US model and came with factory Duals. I was wondering if there is any DRL settings I can turn on in my Alpha OBD to make DRL’s work. If so, what are the steps?

Dual Beam High Beam:
I know that the Rams that come with Quads from the factory, they usually work that when you turn on your high beams, your low beams also stay on. Is there a setting in Alpha that I can activate this feature? I have HID’s in my low beams so it’s sort of a hassle to turn my high beams on for 2-3 seconds and then go back to my lows and let them warm up.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

You are going to change Reconfigurable parameters: quad headlamps enable to SET. This should allow your low's to stay on with your highs

For drl's from what I can find

On the main selection page where you will see car configuration, 6 up from that you'll see day time running lights. Set that to enable.

Then you should change Reconfigurable parameters: drl configuration to OPTIONAL

Reconfigurable parameters: drl lamp location to wherever you want

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I just got alphaobd and the OBDLink mx few days ago and I’m trying to figure out what all I need to do for the following.

Dogs With Highs:
Steps for Foglight dropout to be off (fogs with highs)

DRL’s???:
My truck is a 2012 US model and came with factory Duals. I was wondering if there is any DRL settings I can turn on in my Alpha OBD to make DRL’s work. If so, what are the steps?

Dual Beam High Beam:
I know that the Rams that come with Quads from the factory, they usually work that when you turn on your high beams, your low beams also stay on. Is there a setting in Alpha that I can activate this feature? I have HID’s in my low beams so it’s sort of a hassle to turn my high beams on for 2-3 seconds and then go back to my lows and let them warm up.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Do you have quads or duals?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do you have quads or duals?

My truck had Duals from the factory. Right now I’m running the AlphaRex 2019 Style Lights, I’m trying to avoid the optional DRL harness if I can just turn them on with Alphaobd and I would also like both projectors to be in with my high beams.

I’m going to follow the steps mentioned above and see what happens.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
My truck had Duals from the factory. Right now I’m running the AlphaRex 2019 Style Lights, I’m trying to avoid the optional DRL harness if I can just turn them on with Alphaobd and I would also like both projectors to be in with my high beams.

I’m going to follow the steps mentioned above and see what happens.
Yes, try turning on the quad setting.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, try turning on the quad setting.

I turned on the HID setting and I’m still having issues with my HID’s. All I have installed is the bulbs ballasts and igniters. Last night immediately after turning in the hid setting in Alpha, the passenger side low beam hid worked and the driver side was out, I thought maybe it was a loose connection but now today the passenger side was also out but then later on in the day it was on. I went into Alpha to make sure the change took and it says that the hid setting is set to set. So I’m not sure if my HID kit has issues somewhere but it’s weird both sides would have issues. The driver side has yet to come on, I’m about to take the lights out right now and investigate. I f$#%^ng hate hid kits lol I sell them to customers all day and like 99% of them have no issues but I have personally always had issues with hid kits in my Ram trucks they never work right no matter what I do. Oh well... I guess I’ll find out what’s wrong when I take the lights off right now. Hopefully it’s just a bad ballast on the passenger side and the driver side was a loose connection.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I changed a bunch of stuff in AlphaOBD and I’m so happy I bought the OBDLink and alphaOBD! Here is what I changed so far:

+ Activated HID’s
+ Activated DRL’s
+ Set DRL Location to Turn Signal
+ Set Fog Light Dropoff to “Not Set” (fogs with high beams)
+ Set my truck to Quad Headlights (lows stay on with highs)

So I am curious about a few other things I want to do but I am not sure if I can. Any help, advice or personal experience with the following would be greatly appreciated.

Year: 2012
Model: Ram 1500

+ Reverse Gear Interior Chime (seen it mentioned a few times)
+ Digital Speedometer on 09-12 “premium” cluster (digital version)
+ Control Windows with FOB (hit fob unlock twice to control windows up/down from outside vehicle)
+ Completely Turn Off TPMS (my time don’t have sensors so I have annoying alarm every couple seconds)

So if anyone knows how to do any of those things, that would be awesome. Please let me know what settings to change, step by step instructions would be amazing! And keep in mind my truck is a 2012!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So I changed a bunch of stuff in AlphaOBD and I’m so happy I bought the OBDLink and alphaOBD! Here is what I changed so far:

+ Activated HID’s
+ Activated DRL’s
+ Set DRL Location to Turn Signal
+ Set Fog Light Dropoff to “Not Set” (fogs with high beams)
+ Set my truck to Quad Headlights (lows stay on with highs)

So I am curious about a few other things I want to do but I am not sure if I can. Any help, advice or personal experience with the following would be greatly appreciated.

Year: 2012
Model: Ram 1500

+ Reverse Gear Interior Chime (seen it mentioned a few times)
+ Digital Speedometer on 09-12 “premium” cluster (digital version)
+ Control Windows with FOB (hit fob unlock twice to control windows up/down from outside vehicle)
+ Completely Turn Off TPMS (my time don’t have sensors so I have annoying alarm every couple seconds)

So if anyone knows how to do any of those things, that would be awesome. Please let me know what settings to change, step by step instructions would be amazing! And keep in mind my truck is a 2012!

Have you tried the ”global down” feature without programming it? I forget when they stopped enabling it.

As long as you have any slt or higher you should already have the digital Speedo option

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

waterdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I have a 2007 2500 with 6.7 Cummins. I just rebuilt my transmission and I want to see the clutch volume indexes in my 68RFE. I purchased the OBDLINK MX+ and the ALFAOBD but I cannot find the CVI's. Can some body tell me where to find them?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I took out my Morimoto HID kit and I have a set of LED bulbs arriving today. I previously reconfigured my low beam to HID in Alphaobd for the Morimoto Kit. So, can I keep it set to HID for the led bulbs or do I need to change something else?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I took out my Morimoto HID kit and I have a set of LED bulbs arriving today. I previously reconfigured my low beam to HID in Alphaobd for the Morimoto Kit. So, can I keep it set to HID for the led bulbs or do I need to change something else?

Leave it set to HID. It will keep the LEDs from flickering...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Leave it set to HID. It will keep the LEDs from flickering...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought, as I’m pretty sure I read somewhere in one of the AlphaOBD threads that the HID setting turns off the PWM and the TIPM no longer monitors the bulbs for bulb out warnings. Thanks.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you tried the ”global down” feature without programming it? I forget when they stopped enabling it.

As long as you have any slt or higher you should already have the digital Speedo option

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

My truck is an ST but I have the digital gauge cluster for the 09-12 trucks (looks like the base cluster for 13+ trucks). So I do not have the digital speedometer in my cluster but would love to activate it if I can... anyone know if this is an option?

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is an ST but I have the digital gauge cluster for the 09-12 trucks (looks like the base cluster for 13+ trucks). So I do not have the digital speedometer in my cluster but would love to activate it if I can... anyone know if this is an option?

I am also curious about the digital speedometer and also completely disabling the TPMS system so the annoying warning does not come across the screen every time the truck is started.

mike graves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hopefully this is the right place, i have a 2011 ram st with power windows and power locks, was trying to get the keyless entry working and got it working using alfaobd but lost track of some things i changed and the log didn't record for some reason, my truck started to start and die and now will not start at all, is there a way to reset everything back, or does anyone have a bcm configuration for a 2011 st ram

mike graves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
does anyone have a 2011 ram 1500 st with power windows and locks, I need a screenshot of the bcm configuration, i changed some things and now my truck wont start and the log didn't save

daltana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
How do I get the fog lights to stay on with high beams? Step by step would be great. Thanks.

2010 Larime 3500 dually.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
How do I get the fog lights to stay on with high beams? Step by step would be great. Thanks.

2010 Larime 3500 dually.
CBC Features Configuration:
Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable: Set

Change to not set.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hopefully this is the right place, i have a 2011 ram st with power windows and power locks, was trying to get the keyless entry working and got it working using alfaobd but lost track of some things i changed and the log didn't record for some reason, my truck started to start and die and now will not start at all, is there a way to reset everything back, or does anyone have a bcm configuration for a 2011 st ram

You would need your exact vin numbers bcm settings.... someone else’s truck won’t work for you