AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Thanks @jawzs2 I found the ITBM and it's working properly.

Unfortunately I still can't figure out the mirror direction for the tow mirrors. They work correctly when they are in the down position but don't flip the control direction when they are flipped up. I changed the 'flipper glass' setting to "set' but that didn't seem to do anything.

Trey

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Thanks @jawzs2 I found the ITBM and it's working properly.

Unfortunately I still can't figure out the mirror direction for the tow mirrors. They work correctly when they are in the down position but don't flip the control direction when they are flipped up. I changed the 'flipper glass' setting to "set' but that didn't seem to do anything.

Trey
What mirrors did you buy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I'll try to get some time this weekend and check mine, I put tow mirrors on off of a 2012 and I never even took notice if they work correctly when they're flipped up

Trey003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
My truck is a 2010 and the mirrors are a take off of a 2012 so they are OEM.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Interesting, but mine work as advertised in both positions, and I know I didn't change anything when I put them on, I didn't have AlfaOBD back then. Works fine down, and with the mirrors flipped up, the switch works as it's supposed to. It's a mystery to me.

Earl73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have done a bunch of searches, both limited to specific forums and through g**gle.
Has anyone one here been able to transfer the "secret key" from the PCM to a new WIN module? With the new module plugged in, I get a SKIM key mismatch and PCM/WIN secret key mismatch. Dash reads "wrong key" in the off position and truck won't start. The VIN is correct in both modules. I have tried to transefer the secret key with AlfaOBD in the WCM settings, but it tells me that the "unit does not support the action".
Is there some other reset that I can do that will include pushing the secret key to the new WIN? I really don't feel like buying and programming new keys.
When I plug the old WIN back in, everything works as it should, so it would seem that all I need is to have the secret key transferred to the new WIN and it will recognize my keys.

2012 3500 4x4 Megacab SRW

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
what's involved with resetting a TIPM with alfaobd? My truck has been down for a couple years, and recently put a new engine it in and getting it back on the road. There are several obd codes, and the SRS light is on. I read somewhere that possibly resetting the TIPM can fix this but the TIPM will need to be re-configured for the vehicle.. I verified this info in AlfaOBD, but I don't know what is required (or process) to reconfigure TIPM for the truck..
Thoughts/Info is greatly appreciated.

Earl73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update on the WIN module, I have sent a couple debug logs to Alexey and he is looking in to it.
I really hope that I can get this done with AlfaOBD, because the dealer wants to charge me $140 for a 10 minute job.

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
I put LED headlights in my 08 Ram. I 'thought' they were CANBUS, but maybe not. The driver's side HL will occasionally turn off for a cpl secs, then come back on. It may stay on for a minute, then do it again. There's no pattern to this issue.. I was gonna swap around with the right side, but on my way home today, the right side started doing it, as well..
I can't seem to find any 'LED' or HID option in AlfaOBD for this.. You think it may just need the CANBUS boxes, even though it "appears" the LEDs already have a slimilar looking device? Or is what I currently have, maybe just an LED driver of sorts? These are JDM ASTAR ZES v.8 bulbs. My wife's AMG would blink on/off in a set timed pattern, where my Ram doe not hold same symptom pattern, or anything resembling a pattern..

Just though I'd ask..

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I put LED headlights in my 08 Ram. I 'thought' they were CANBUS, but maybe not. The driver's side HL will occasionally turn off for a cpl secs, then come back on. It may stay on for a minute, then do it again. There's no pattern to this issue.. I was gonna swap around with the right side, but on my way home today, the right side started doing it, as well..
I can't seem to find any 'LED' or HID option in AlfaOBD for this.. You think it may just need the CANBUS boxes, even though it "appears" the LEDs already have a slimilar looking device? Or is what I currently have, maybe just an LED driver of sorts? These are JDM ASTAR ZES v.8 bulbs. My wife's AMG would blink on/off in a set timed pattern, where my Ram doe not hold same symptom pattern, or anything resembling a pattern..

Just though I'd ask..
There is a HID Enabled option for the 3rd generation. It is a reconfigurable parameter.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Has anyone been able to change the lowest cruise control speed? Mine is 35mph. I'd like it to be 20.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys!!
I'm fairly familiar with the 2013 plus trucks.
But I need the Guru for a 2011.
Guy added heated seats and steering wheel.
Can't get them working..
Also added a factory Sub.. again.. no dice.
Switches, front doors and modules switched.
I've only been able to get the tow mirrors working.
The mirrors will fold, but only with the 2017 door module, BUT when using this new module we loose the ability the roll down the windows..
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Hey Guys!!
I'm fairly familiar with the 2013 plus trucks.
But I need the Guru for a 2011.
Guy added heated seats and steering wheel.
Can't get them working..
Also added a factory Sub.. again.. no dice.
Switches, front doors and modules switched.
I've only been able to get the tow mirrors working.
The mirrors will fold, but only with the 2017 door module, BUT when using this new module we loose the ability the roll down the windows..
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

What year did those heated seats come from? If it was a 2013 or newer, you probably won’t be able to turn them on with Alfa. 2013s used a different CAN-bus architecture, so very little of 2009-2012 is compatible with 2013+ software wise IIRC. Some things might work sure, but most of the time behavior will be wonky or it won’t work at all. If the seats are from a 2009-2012 and you cant get them working, your truck may not have all the wiring or fuses necessary for the heated seats, so be sure and check on that

So for the window switch, I’m not sure if a 2017 door module will work right. Check a wiring diagram to see if all the connectors match up right. You might get lucky just be able to swap some connectors around. Unfortunately though, theres a good chance that may not be the issue

Personally, I would try my best to stay with parts from 2009-2012 when it comes to parts with attached modules or software. That way you know all the software will be compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year did those heated seats come from? If it was a 2013 or newer, you probably won’t be able to turn them on with Alfa. 2013s used a different CAN-bus architecture, so very little of 2009-2012 is compatible with 2013+ software wise IIRC. Some things might work sure, but most of the time behavior will be wonky or it won’t work at all. If the seats are from a 2009-2012 and you cant get them working, your truck may not have all the wiring or fuses necessary for the heated seats, so be sure and check on that

So for the window switch, I’m not sure if a 2017 door module will work right. Check a wiring diagram to see if all the connectors match up right. You might get lucky just be able to swap some connectors around. Unfortunately though, theres a good chance that may not be the issue

Personally, I would try my best to stay with parts from 2009-2012 when it comes to parts with attached modules or software. That way you know all the software will be compatible

Thanks. I appreciate the reply . The seats are out of a 17, but the modules are from an 09.
We checked the fuses and it seems the truck has them installed already

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Thanks. I appreciate the reply . The seats are out of a 17, but the modules are from an 09.
We checked the fuses and it seems the truck has them installed already

Well if all the wires between the HSM and the actual heaters are wired in correctly, sounds like they should work

If I were you I’d check the connector under the drivers’ seat just to make sure the heated seat wiring is truly there. If the wiring is there, try to set the heated seats module. Its in the vehicle configuration down with all the other modules IIRC, just change the option to set.

Also, are you able to connect to the HSM with Alfa? I’m not sure if that was just a 13-17 thing or if 08-12 can do it too. But if it shows up you might try to connect to it just so we can be sure the module is communicating with the rest of the truck

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if all the wires between the HSM and the actual heaters are wired in correctly, sounds like they should work

If I were you I’d check the connector under the drivers’ seat just to make sure the heated seat wiring is truly there. If the wiring is there, try to set the heated seats module. Its in the vehicle configuration down with all the other modules IIRC, just change the option to set.

Also, are you able to connect to the HSM with Alfa? I’m not sure if that was just a 13-17 thing or if 08-12 can do it too. But if it shows up you might try to connect to it just so we can be sure the module is communicating with the rest of the truck

I'll have the truck back on the 21st so I'll double check everything.
I was not able to connect to the HSM .
But I've turned them all on.
Seem limited on the 09-12 .
I didn't see an option for the heated steering wheel but I read in another form 1 guy got it working.. I'm trying to communicate with him, no luck this far

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Update on the WIN module, I have sent a couple debug logs to Alexey and he is looking in to it.
I really hope that I can get this done with AlfaOBD, because the dealer wants to charge me $140 for a 10 minute job.
Any update on this? Curious, as I need to replace my WIN module too.

Earl73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nothing yet. I need to send him another email to check.

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
I am trying to upload the config to google drive and it will not sign into Drive. I first tried with my new fire HD8 tablet and got the 4 Google apps loaded that were recommended in this article
https://liliputing.com/2020/06/how-to-install-google-play-on-the-amazon-fire-hd-8-2020.html

Got them all installed and logged into them, but alphaOBD will not connect and gives me a sign in error. I then went with my android phone (which I know connects to Drive), downloaded the app again from amazon and am having the same sign in error. I am able to connect and view stuff in the app, it just won't connect to google drive to upload the config file. I want to make sure I have that before I try to turn on/off any features.

Any suggestions??