AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodytick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So i was able to get my headlights to work correctly now. I set my drl's to tye fog lights, and turned off the damn tpms light.

Now what i cant figure out is the hyperflash. This gen3 does not habe the led settings like the gen4 does, so for you guys with gen3's how did you get rid of the hyperflash without resistors, or did you have to use them.

Next thing is my lights have a dedicated drl in them, its the white light if you look at the pic of them bc thats what i really want as my drls.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
So i was able to get my headlights to work correctly now. I set my drl's to tye fog lights, and turned off the damn tpms light.

Now what i cant figure out is the hyperflash. This gen3 does not habe the led settings like the gen4 does, so for you guys with gen3's how did you get rid of the hyperflash without resistors, or did you have to use them.

Next thing is my lights have a dedicated drl in them, its the white light if you look at the pic of them bc thats what i really want as my drls.
I personally use resistors so I'm not sure about how to fix the hyperflash on our trucks. I would imagine there's a way to do it though

Second, you'll have to figure out what those DRL bars are wired into. I'm not sure how all these DRL headlights work for our trucks in terms of wiring, but they might be wired into your parking lights which you might be able to enable with DRLs. Not sure though, good luck

Woodytick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I personally use resistors so I'm not sure about how to fix the hyperflash on our trucks. I would imagine there's a way to do it though

Second, you'll have to figure out what those DRL bars are wired into. I'm not sure how all these DRL headlights work for our trucks in terms of wiring, but they might be wired into your parking lights which you might be able to enable with DRLs. Not sure though, good luck

I have resistors on the way, should have them tomorrow & i sent an email to the company for the lights.

ramitdamit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

Has anyone successfully programmed new fobs to a 2012? I will be attempting this later today when my new fobs arrive. I have the paid version of Alfaobd and I used Chrysler pin puller to get my pin. I do not have the obdmx adapter,I have an elm327 that I have used with other scanner apps, not sure if this adapter will work? I have connected to various modules and can activate the functions in the list. Any advice is appreciated.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

Has anyone successfully programmed new fobs to a 2012? I will be attempting this later today when my new fobs arrive. I have the paid version of Alfaobd and I used Chrysler pin puller to get my pin. I do not have the obdmx adapter,I have an elm327 that I have used with other scanner apps, not sure if this adapter will work? I have connected to various modules and can activate the functions in the list. Any advice is appreciated.
I'm not sure if the ELM327 will connect to the RF hub or not. I know guys have had issues with it on the 13 and up trucks. It seems to work OK for BCM changes but not so much on other modules.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

ramitdamit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to add two new fobs today using an elm327 adapter. Now I am trying to find the global windows down setting.I'm not seeing it in the bcm or door modules?

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I was able to add two new fobs today using an elm327 adapter. Now I am trying to find the global windows down setting.I'm not seeing it in the bcm or door modules?
Lol if you find out how to do the windows down. Please oh please share it. Because I have a 2012 also and have been trying to figure that little chestnut out for a little over a month. Happy hunting

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Lol if you find out how to do the windows down. Please oh please share it. Because I have a 2012 also and have been trying to figure that little chestnut out for a little over a month. Happy hunting

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
Try vehicle config 2: window express feature.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
Anyone figured out where/how to reset idle hours in the instrument cluster for the 07-09 Ram? I spent like an hour in AlfaOBD today, trying to find it for my 07. Never did..
I did find the tire size, the foglight activation, and the 3-blink lane change option and enabled those. This AlfaOBD is a blessing..

Now, if I could only find that idle hours reset... haha

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
I don't think you can reset odometer or hours, at least I couldn't find a way to do it on my early 4th gen. I think it needs to be the later model 4th gens to do it with AlfaOBD.

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
I don't think you can reset odometer or hours, at least I couldn't find a way to do it on my early 4th gen. I think it needs to be the later model 4th gens to do it with AlfaOBD.
I've got an email to them at alfaobd, because before I bought it, I asked specifically for my model truck if it would do it. And he said it would. So I sent a follow-up email so I guess we'll see..
I just rebuilt the entire engine/drivetrain, so I'd like to reset the hours. the miles, I don't care about..

Edit.. Alexey responded..

"You can try to run the RESET TRIP INFORMATION ACCUMULATORS.

Check other reset features available for the engine, maybe it's a good idea to run them after the engine rebuild.

I'll check if I can add the idle hours programming for the cluster."

Last edited:

ramitdamit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't had a chance to try the vehicle config 2 window express yet. Does anyone know what vehicle config 2 window perform door vent does?

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
I think one thing we're missing is a breakdown of what is located where. LOL
I was searching for fog light drop out (MY08), and saw rear sliding window a few times in my search within the app.
I finally found the fog light part, then went back to try and find the sliding window again, and could not o_O
I prolly spent an hour looking for them. LOL

Trey003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have read this entire thread but appoligize if I missed it... My eyes did start to cross

I have a 2010 diesel 2500 manual transmission. It was originally spec'd with power / heated regular mirrors. I just added power, heater tow mirrors w/ turn signals and puddle lights. I have the signals and puddle lights working but cannot figure out in alfaobd how to make it correct the direction when you flip up the mirrors.

Is there a way to do this?

Trey

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
correct the direction? Of the mirror control? I am unsure, but I don't think that's possible. The mirror motor is a direct control from the door switch assembly.

Trey003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Yeah, correct for the mirror adjustment direction. Currently the direction is correct when the mirror is flat, but when you flip them up (vertical) down becomes right and right because up... etc...

At least on later trucks I believe the truck is smart enough to know the mirrors are flipped up and correct for this. However, it looks like in alfaobd there is a configuration for this and I don't see it on my 2010.

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
Sorry I misspoke. In body control, it under (for my 08 anyway) body control > car config > vehicle config 2: flipper glass present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trey003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Thanks @Rogan68 I will try that. I saw flipper glass present in the menu for sure.

Any chance you know how to activate the integrated brake controller? I just picked one of those up as well.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Don't remember what section it's under, but it is this setting;

ITBM Integrated trailer brake module : Set