AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to install remote start on my 2012. I have the key fob overlays with remote button. I already had the wiring to the hood latch so I installed a 1kohm resistor there until I get a new hood latch with a switch.

The instructions for 2013+ say to set the following
Remote start present- yes
CBC I/O hood ajar switch input present- yes
CBC I/O usage hood ajar switch usage- 1k parallel resistor

Then reset the RF Hub.
The two CBC settings for the hood ajar switch are not in my options so I did everything else. When I press the remote start button horn beeps, lights flash, then nothing. No messages and no start. Is there other options that need to be set in AlfaODB?

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to install remote start on my 2012. I have the key fob overlays with remote button. I already had the wiring to the hood latch so I installed a 1kohm resistor there until I get a new hood latch with a switch.

The instructions for 2013+ say to set the following
Remote start present- yes
CBC I/O hood ajar switch input present- yes
CBC I/O usage hood ajar switch usage- 1k parallel resistor

Then reset the RF Hub.
The two CBC settings for the hood ajar switch are not in my options so I did everything else. When I press the remote start button horn beeps, lights flash, then nothing. No messages and no start. Is there other options that need to be set in AlfaODB?

So I figured it out with the correct instructions from John Lance. I bought the key fob overlays and wiring from him on FB. For 2012 and probably older ones set the following:

RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Body Computer > Central Gateway Module MY2006-12Non-PowerNet > Car configuration change > Vehicle Config 1: Remote Start Present =Set
RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Body Computer > Central Gateway Module MY2006-12Non-PowerNet > Car configuration change > Configurable Inputs: Horn Chirp Allowed =Not Set (turns off horn chirp when remote starting, optional)
RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Body Computer > Central Gateway Module MY2006-12Non-PowerNet > Car configuration change > Configurable Inputs: Input #2 (B11) =Hood Ajar
RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Radio frequency Hub (RFH) > Wireless Control Module (WCM) MY2009 non-PowerNet > Reset WIN Configuration

willsho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I figured it out with the correct instructions from John Lance. I bought the key fob overlays and wiring from him on FB. For 2012 and probably older ones set the following:

RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Body Computer > Central Gateway Module MY2006-12Non-PowerNet > Car configuration change > Vehicle Config 1: Remote Start Present =Set
RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Body Computer > Central Gateway Module MY2006-12Non-PowerNet > Car configuration change > Configurable Inputs: Horn Chirp Allowed =Not Set (turns off horn chirp when remote starting, optional)
RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Body Computer > Central Gateway Module MY2006-12Non-PowerNet > Car configuration change > Configurable Inputs: Input #2 (B11) =Hood Ajar
RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT) > Radio frequency Hub (RFH) > Wireless Control Module (WCM) MY2009 non-PowerNet > Reset WIN Configuration

what wiring was needed? I am trying to do the same thing on my 2012.

SausageMcFlurry

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995, 2006, 2011
Engine
318 & 5.7
what wiring was needed? I am trying to do the same thing on my 2012.

If you have the factory wiring, on the 09-12 (Not sure about 3g trucks) all you should have to do is either install the latch with connector provision, and then plug it in.
OR, you can bypass the hood ajar switch by grounding out a pin from one of the TIPM connectors with a 1k ohm resistor.
I can give some more specifics if interested. I have been enabling the remote start functions locally for a year or so as a side hustle.

Last edited:

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have the factory wiring, on the 09-12 (Not sure about 3g trucks) all you should have to do is either install the latch with connector provision, and then plug it in.
OR, you can bypass the hood ajar switch by grounding out a pin from one of the TIPM connectors with a 1k ohm resistor.
I can give some more specifics if interested. I have been enabling the remote start functions locally for a year or so as a side hustle.
This is true. I have all the wiring so I installed a 1k ohm resistor in the plug by the hood latch. I ordered a hood latch with the switch now that I have it working. The wiring I got with the kit was a pin to go in one of the blank locations under the PCM with a resistor and a ground lug . I didn't look much further because I had the wiring already so mine wouldn't be blank.

willsho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
specifics would be great. even willing to pay for the knowledge.

SausageMcFlurry

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995, 2006, 2011
Engine
318 & 5.7
specifics would be great. even willing to pay for the knowledge.

I don't have a problem sharing the knowledge as long as nobody starts using it as an income in the Eastern part of Wisconsin :)
I lay claim to a portion of their wallets as a source of vehicle mod addiction funds.

I'll go ahead and take some pictures with my truck (2011 1500) in the next day or two and try to make one complete step by step walkthrough. Then most - if not all - of the info can be in one post instead of trying to navigate and collect 41+ pages of forum conversations, only some actually relating to remote start.

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
I hope someone can help me. I keep getting this message
message.jpg

The message will clear when I use the back up then pops back up after driving forward for a few minutes.
working.jpg

I use the following to connect and try to clear the message for good, but it isn't working. What am I doing wrong? Wrong module, wrong action?
1st.jpg
2nd.jpg 3rd.jpg

I have connected to both WCM seperately. More pictures to follow

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
The next pictures4th.jpg 5th.jpg

Here I chose reset WIN config and the following message pops up. I ran it anyway after getting my PIN with pinpuller, but it did not fix the message Service Park Assist System. This is on my 2011 and I am not sure where to go from here?6th.jpg

willsho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't have a problem sharing the knowledge as long as nobody starts using it as an income in the Eastern part of Wisconsin :)
I lay claim to a portion of their wallets as a source of vehicle mod addiction funds.

I'll go ahead and take some pictures with my truck (2011 1500) in the next day or two and try to make one complete step by step walkthrough. Then most - if not all - of the info can be in one post instead of trying to navigate and collect 41+ pages of forum conversations, only some actually relating to remote start.
you rock. and I promise to stay out of Wisconsin so you won't have to worry about me infringing on your side hustle.

willsho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So, no fix for LED tail lights?
not sure what issue you're having. I have LED alpharexs for tail lights. they were plug and play. same as front. My truck is a 2012 that came with the dual beam headlights. If you are having issues with the LED's, you may need to increase the resistance in the circuit so the BCM see's enough of a load on it that it shows them working.

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
Turns out I was connecting to the wrong module. I need the parking module. Looks like a have some faults that keep coming back.

Jakec0311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can anybody tell me what HVAC uses the AlfaOBD has for a 2011 SLT 2500?

Jakec0311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anybody had any luck programming aftermarket radio to steering wheel controls? I thought I saw sometime back that somebody did it with their 2012, Im trying to figure it out with my 2011 now.

Cuong Ly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7L
can you help me? I have a 2012 2500 with Cummins diesel. I was only given the key. No fob.

I want keyless entry. I have power windows and power locks.

this is my only key.

2C25C5C6-6DD9-4486-B7AC-76158F049AA9.jpeg

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500

Cuong Ly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7L

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Thank you very much. I do not see “remote keyless entry” on the build list. No way I can add factory keyless entry? I was never a fan of aftermarket

There is a way, I know some guy did it on his ‘11 and posted it on some forum. I can’t remember what all components he had to add but I don’t think there was a whole lot

EDIT- i found the post I was looking for. Its off on another forum, but the jist is he had power locks and told the dealer what to do with the WiTech to give him RKE. It doesn’t look like he added anything to the truck, all he had to buy was the Fobs. He also went through the dealers scantool, not AlfaOBD. I doubt theres much difference though

It looks like to recreate what he did thru the WiTech, youd do a couple of things. I think these options are exactly the same as what he did with the dealer scantool

BCM: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Present -> Set

BCM: Restore Vehicle Config (honestly not sure how necessary this is using Alfa. I could be wrong but I think letting your truck “rest” for 15 minutes between changes works just as well. Some more research might help)

WCM: Reset WIN Configuration

WCM: Clear trouble codes and program keys

I feel I should note that this will probably reset your TPMS and sentry key if you have that equipped, or other finicky stuff. I’ve always been a bit wary of the sentry key BS so definitely tread carefully. If you go through with this, good luck and let us know how it goes! I’m interested in how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990