AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Lastly, does anyone know if it is possible to have low beams stay on with high beams?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On the dual headlights, power is not sent to the low beam wires when the high beams are
on, only one filament is lit at a time on the dual bulb. I saw the option in AlfOBD to set the headlights to quads and was wondering if it fixed that issue, sounds like it didn't.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Lastly, does anyone know if it is possible to have low beams stay on with high beams?

Not sure if it's because I have the projector housings in mine, but this is normal behavior for my '11 2500. It originally had quad housings.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
On the dual headlights, power is not sent to the low beam wires when the high beams are
on, only one filament is lit at a time on the dual bulb. I saw the option in AlfOBD to set the headlights to quads and was wondering if it fixed that issue, sounds like it didn't.

I now have the quads installed, with the quads enabled in alfaobd. I assumed there was a way to have both bulbs lit at same time.

Not sure if it's because I have the projector housings in mine, but this is normal behavior for my '11 2500. It originally had quad housings.
I figured it was normal behavior when in high beams to have both sets of bulbs lit. Going to have to into this further.

Edit: my highs and lows are on together when highs are selected.

Last edited:

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Hey all.. just wanted to thank everyone for their assistance and patience me! :cool:

A few weeks back, I got my LED turn signals to work as my DRLs. They worked flawlessly and I thought I was done.
Then I caught a glimpse of my truck's profile in a storefront window and noticed that my Big Rigs were on as well. Oops. Way back when, I wired the Big Rigs into my turn signals so this shouldn't have surprised me, but it did nonetheless.

So, back to the Alfa app.. using the steps I used previously, I was able to figure out how to switch the DRL function to my fogs. One and done. Now my Big Rigs aren't burning needlessly in daylight. And all is right within my little world.

So, thanks again for all the help! :D

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ebay

You'll notice there is a switch on it. Mine works with switch up towards leds.

Thanks for that! I just got mine. I disabled my Fog lights off with high beams and switched DRL from high beam to turn signals.

2009 Ram 1500 Canadian model.

Last edited:

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I've ordered a OBDLink MX+ and should be arriving next week, then I'll buy Alfa and look into all this good stuff

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally received my OBDLink MX after a 2nd attempt (first one was a shady seller on eBay). Looking forward to see what it can do over the weekend!

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Update: the VTA setting, or vehicle theft alert, does honk the horn if the doors are opened after it's armed. With the doors shut, locked, and no key in the ignition, the light on the dash flashes quickly for a few seconds, and then starts flashing slowly. When it switches, that's when it is 'armed'.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I now have the quads installed, with the quads enabled in alfaobd. I assumed there was a way to have both bulbs lit at same time.

I figured it was normal behavior when in high beams to have both sets of bulbs lit. Going to have to into this further.

Edit: my highs and lows are on together when highs are selected.

Good news, this was the only reason I hadn't put a set of quads in my sons truck to replace his duals. Add another project to the list

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I have enabled and disabled DRL, set the DRL to fogs, fog lights on with Hi beams and lane change indication on my 06 3500. So it should do what you need.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I just noticed you mentioned lane change indication. I'm assuming you mean when you tap the blinker and it blinks 3 or so times? If so, I'm gonna have to turn that on. I always forget my truck doesnt have that feature and I end up switching lanes with about a half blink lol

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I just noticed you mentioned lane change indication. I'm assuming you mean when you tap the blinker and it blinks 3 or so times? If so, I'm gonna have to turn that on. I always forget my truck doesnt have that feature and I end up switching lanes with about a half blink lol
Yes that's the feature. Now, I wish I could do it on my mustang.

Texmechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Body Control Module Vehicle Config 2:
Maximum Load Inflation Pressure Rear Tire:
Maximum Load Inflation Pressure Front Tire:

If you have the light heavy switch you might want these also:
Light Load Inflation Pressure Rear Tire:
Light Load Inflation Pressure Front Tire:

Supposedly you need to do a RF hub reset to get the RF module to reload that values but that may be on the 16+ only.

I have a 2012 2500
I dont have same selections as you mentioned how do I reset and lower threshold for TPMS

Texmechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2012 2500, how do I reset and lower threshold for TPMS. I have ODB link MX and AlfaOBD when I try to do it never works nothing gets updated

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 2500, how do I reset and lower threshold for TPMS. I have ODB link MX and AlfaOBD when I try to do it never works nothing gets updated

I have not done it yet... but it looks like the following--

Connect to Radio Frequency Hub - Wireless Control Module.

Active Diagnostic - Update Pressure Thresholds - front & rear

Shut off truck, open door and wait 30 seconds. ???

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I finally bought the OBD license for my computer and ran into a problem-- my bluetooth module on my computer was fried. I emailed the guys at Alfa and they set me up on a different computer no problem. Gotta love their customer service!

Anyways I plan on adding a thing or two when I get home

Texmechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have not done it yet... but it looks like the following--

Connect to Radio Frequency Hub - Wireless Control Module.

Active Diagnostic - Update Pressure Thresholds - front & rear

Shut off truck, open door and wait 30 seconds. ???
That didnt work. I've gotten it turned off. On dash reads 0 psi. That turned light off. Cant get pressures reset to 60-where I'd like it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I enabled one-touch lane change and turn signal DRLs today. For yall changing tire size, did you have to reinitialize the ABS module? The 2006 and 2007 abs module isn't supported AFAIK so I'm thinking that if I change the tire size and the ABS light comes on I'd be stuck with it

EDIT- I turned off my turn signal DRLs. I don't know if its normal but while driving both blinker lights on the dash cluster were illuminated the whole time. I may have simply missed a setting that should've been changed

Last edited:

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you enable the remote start if your truck didn’t come with it?

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

darrollr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I’ve got a 2007 ram 3500 mega cab 5.9 Cummins. Do I need to have the factory radio in my truck in order to make any of these changes? It keeps showing a fault error connecting to radio.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I’ve got a 2007 ram 3500 mega cab 5.9 Cummins. Do I need to have the factory radio in my truck in order to make any of these changes? It keeps showing a fault error connecting to radio.

Not 100% sure but I think there is a option set radio not present. I see it in my logs but not sure if that was on the 18 or the 06.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovtra