AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Was hoping to get confirmation that you can disable the lamp out diagnoses for the hi/low beams, turn signals and tail lights
I can look through the app, but I'm not really sure what you're looking for? Please explain further.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the version of your software version as well. Maybe there is an update that needs to be applied? Still shouldn't be doing that though. The only way (of course that was 13+) of that doing that was on the demo version after the trial ran out.

I did check that and it appears to be the most current version. I didn’t get back out to the truck before I had to go to work so I probably won’t have time to get to it again until Friday.

I will post here when I get it set up again with screen shots. Thanks all for your willingness to help with this, I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Finally got my OBDLink MX last week and on my '11 2500 I was able to
- Adjust the tire size
- Set my DRLs to signals (I have '13+ projector lights in my '11 and the DRLs were my high beams before)
- Set fog light dropout

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
- Adjust the tire size
- Set my DRLs to signals (I have '13+ projector lights in my '11 and the DRLs were my high beams before)
- Set fog light dropout

That's good to hear! Now I don't have to hack up my adapter harness again to use a DRL module.
Does anyone know about turning puddle lamps off when doors are opened then shut (without locking). Right now mine will stay on if I don't lock the truck. Apparently there was a TSB for this or something, but if I can avoid going to the stealer for this that'll be a bonus...

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
- Adjust the tire size
- Set fog light dropout
Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to go ahead and spend the money to get me one of these fancy dancy thingamabobs. I only really want it to enable DRLs but maybe I'll find something else it can do for me and my 2012.

Is there a list or catalog somewhere that explains all the things we can change based on the MY? Now that would be amazing to look at.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Can you post how you did it? I can't get that one to work on my '09.

Here are my settings for tire size, signal DRLs, and fog light dropout

Car configuration change: Vehicle Config 3: Tire Circumference: -> '2673 '
Car configuration change: Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration: -> '1 ' (CANADA DRL)
Car configuration change: Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration: -> '3 ' (TURN SIGNAL)
Car configuration change: Reconfigurable Parameters: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable: -> '0 ' (SET, I think)

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to go ahead and spend the money to get me one of these fancy dancy thingamabobs. I only really want it to enable DRLs but maybe I'll find something else it can do for me and my 2012.

Is there a list or catalog somewhere that explains all the things we can change based on the MY? Now that would be amazing to look at.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll hook it up to my truck tonight and take a few screenshots of the options on my 2011 2500 HEMI.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s an update for the seat side air bags & airbag light issue I’m having.
There was a recent update to the app within the last couple days and since then, I’ve been able to use it.

I contacted Alexey and he was very quick to respond. I explained the situation and this is his reply with recommended steps:

‘Check the Body computer -> Central Gateway -> Car
configuration change diagnostic procedure -> Vehicle
Config 2: Side Airbag(s) Present and Vehicle Config 4:
Vehicle Equipped with Optional Side Airbag options, try
to disable them if they are enabled’

There is no enable/disable option showing, the options available under config 2 are
Side airbags-> Set
->Not Set
Config 4:
Vehicle equipped with optional side airbags:

Vehicle configured with optional side air bags
Vehicle not configured with optional side air bags.

I changed it to Config 2: Not Set
and Config 4: Vehicle not configured
The light went out for about 2-3 seconds and then came right back on. I also cleared the faults.

I contacted Alexey again and this is his next recommendation which I will try a little later today.

‘It looks that it's not enough to disable the side airbags
in the body configuration. The ORC has it's own
configuration with the side airbags set there. Check the
ECU Configuration in the the ORC status, there must be
side airbag -related settings there.
Maybe it is possible to disable them in the ORC
configuration but honestly I'm hesitant to experiment with
the ORC... ‘

So, if I can’t find a way to disable the now non-existent side airbags to cancel the codes & light, I’ll have to put my old front seats back in for inspection purposes. However, after doing some research (if anyone is more knowledgeable about this please let me know) if a fault is detected in the airbag system(s) it will completely disable the entire airbag system in the truck.

So, I’d that’s true, this is now a serious safety issue. The only way around it that I can think of if all else fails, is to wire resistors in to trick the ECU or BCM into believing the side airs bags are present which would keep the system active. I can’t find anyone that makes a bypass module/plug so, this is going to be a “fun” experience.

I wish I had thought to check that the Laramie seats had the side airbags in them before I bought them. I don’t know why that didn’t cross my mind at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered mine. I’ll be messing with settings soon :)

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boosted7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I can look through the app, but I'm not really sure what you're looking for? Please explain further.

I'm adding the OEM projectors and LED tails to my 2012, therefore I won't have the factory turn signal and tail/park lamps in place and will have a lamp out message unless I install resistors to imitate them.

There is a HID option for the headlights which does the same thing. I emailed Alfaobd twice now with no response.

CB black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Who can point me to a link for a BT adapter that doesn't cost $100 and works with the app?

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Last edited:

Ghostman

US Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 4x4, 2500
Inspired by the 4th Gen DIY AlfaOBD thread I wanted to call on any knowledge for the 2006 through 2012, in particular the cummins 6.7.

I mainly bought the app for Daytime Running Lamps, but I'm getting nowhere. I've been in conversations with a couple of forum members who have later models. It would be great if us fellow early model Ram owners could work together.

In addition to activating the DRL's I would like to monitor Trans temp, Turbo cool down temp and Regen (to name a few). I'm completely new to Diesels and could use some help with the appropriate choices to tick within the AlfaOBD app.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for starting this thread.
I Recently bought an 08 Ram 2500, and I have no idea of what capabilities it has with these type of OBD functions & options. I would love to learn more.
Q: So I would need to buy one of those OBDLink MX adapters, and then some sort of android APP?

Someone else posted: Where can we find out more about these changeable options? For 3rd G's, gass'ers

Ghostman

US Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 4x4, 2500
Also, I was just getting ready to purchase the, BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android

Does/Is the OBDLink MX anything alike? Assuming this can change a lot of those options, where the BlueDriver will not? Or will it?
Should I go ahead and get the OBDLink MX then instead? Is there better functionality?

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I’m connected via the OBDlink MX and have AlfaOBD open and connected but no option to change anything. Am I doing something wrong? PC version btw.

9aaed912a28a3b0e6d1fe6bb465c346b.jpgb8e6060544bc811f69a70fca0c16076c.jpg

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Try the active diagnostic tab.

Then there should be a configuration change option at the bottom of the page.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Also, I was just getting ready to purchase the, BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android

Does/Is the OBDLink MX anything alike? Assuming this can change a lot of those options, where the BlueDriver will not? Or will it?
Should I go ahead and get the OBDLink MX then instead? Is there better functionality?
I bought Obdlink MX, I'm not familiar with blue driver. You also have to pay fifty bucks for the Alpha app. I had a cheaper OBD adapter and I couldn't get all the functions to work. Quite frankly, most of the things I can, change we're already set.

Ghostman

US Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 4x4, 2500
@Focker thanks, I think i'm going to order the OBDLink MX and try it out.

Do you know if it will only work with one vehicle at a time? (Married to one vehicle). Example: I wanted to use it to pull codes from another friends vehicle.

I will definitely post and share my experience with it after I get it.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I've used my mx+ and AlfaOBD on 3 different FCA vehicles. The MX should work on any OBD2 vehicle.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk