AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheath94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also did the steering wheel audio controls last night. I have a 2012 slt 2500 it did not have audio controls or uconnect buttons. I installed a KENWOOD double din with an idatalink maestro, works great.

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's an SLT, and no it had neither. I added an RHB radio, the uConnect module, and a leather steering wheel with audio controls. His orig wheel did not have the controls
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about adding a uconnect module to my truck so I can put in an aftermarket radio, and retain the microphone(currently have an RHR).

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about adding a uconnect module to my truck so I can put in an aftermarket radio, and retain the microphone(currently have an RHR).

Just in case you weren't already aware, make sure you get a high speed module.

cheath94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have. The menu is in the door modules.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are you connecting with the powernet door modules? Im using the the obdlink MX bluetooth and i'm only able to connect to the non-powernet modules but those settings don't seem to appear in the non-powernet modules.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Are you connecting with the powernet door modules? Im using the the obdlink MX bluetooth and i'm only able to connect to the non-powernet modules but those settings don't seem to appear in the non-powernet modules.
Sorry, I misspoke. The option to turn the lights on is in the BCM. 533d6b4c56ce4cf87945511864da5b0e.jpg

cheath94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, I misspoke. The option to turn the lights on is in the BCM. 533d6b4c56ce4cf87945511864da5b0e.jpg

Ok I turned that option on but still no puddle lights, I suspect the lights are bad. I also have a dim turn signal LED. I will pull the lights out and test with a multimeter to make sure they are getting voltage. Thanks for the reply.

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was able to get my lights on my flip up tow mirrors to work thanks to this forum and alfaobd. Had them for a year now and planned on hard wiring them to the blinkers up front. Then I found you guys. Great save.

I also added chime while in reverse. Unfortunately it only chimes for 5 secondary then stops.

Wish I had the option for "global down" to open the windows with the key fob. But don't see it any where. And I've looekl hard! Any help here I would love.

Also plan to disable unlock all doors when opening driver door. Call me paranoid but I think that is a smart safety move if in a bad neighborhood!

2012 ST with rambox and bright chrome package.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OBDlink MX with the PC AlfaOBD Software.

Changed my DRLs on my 09’ :)

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How did you do that? I have a 2011 outdoorsman and can't get them activated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB

Thanks

You can't get DRL activated at all? How are you checking? You have to be in gear for them to come on.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI - here's what I did in my 2011 --

added rear camera into my factory 430N radio
changed tire size to what I am currently running
added DRL to turn signals - soon to change to fogs when LEDs come in
added no dropout on fog lights with high beams

Anyone had any success in adding additional FOBs?
I know I just asked this of someone else but want as much info as I can. I've been messing around with this but don't think it's working. 2011 Ram Outdoorsman
Thanks

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't get DRL activated at all? How are you checking? You have to be in gear for them to come on.

I guess i'll have to try that. It was daylight and had no help. (Suppose I could set the parking brake, but mine tends to stick) At one point I thought it said something to the effect that it couldn't. I have the quad lights so I would hope it does.

pcabe5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turn the key as far as it goes without starting the truck. This is called the Mar position.

Open AlfaOBD and complete the connection process.

Then...

SELECT CAR MODEL:
RAM 2500 (DJ/Dr)

SELECT FUNCTION:
BODY COMPUTER

SELECT CONTROL UNIT:
Central Gateway Module MY2006-12 Non-PowerNet

Select procedure to start:
"Car configuration change" (last option at the bottom of the menu)

Select option:
Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration (Set this to Canada)

Then...
Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Lamp Location (Set this to Turn Signal DRL)

Exit the app.
Remove the key.
Start the truck.
Put the truck into R or D.
Enjoy the DRLs.
I bought an obdlink mx and purchased the alfaobd software but I cannot do this.

I can test lights and other functions, for example turn on left low beam and I can change the user defined parameters such as headlight delay, etc. I cannot add rear camera or DRL's. Gives me an unknown reason fault.

Any suggestions? 2009 3500
a29891d875200ff5ce0884ab6bd7e37a.jpg
39ac36c8c8fa14788cc9a6d07e7aabcf.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I guess i'll have to try that. It was daylight and had no help. (Suppose I could set the parking brake, but mine tends to stick) At one point I thought it said something to the effect that it couldn't. I have the quad lights so I would hope it does.

With the quads, when your headlights are off, and truck in gear, DRL are activated for low beams unless you've changed it. You can change it to the turn signals. That'll save your low beam bulbs from being on all the time.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the quads, when your headlights are off, and truck in gear, DRL are activated for low beams unless you've changed it. You can change it to the turn signals. That'll save your low beam bulbs from being on all the time.

That's what I want to do. One post stated that they chose the 2500 model vs. 1500. Is that acceptable?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi

I'm not sure it'll be the same on an '11, but on my '06 even when my truck was in gear the DRLs went off with the parking brake on. They only turned on after I turned the parking brake off

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks

I have to check the exact menu but I set the DRL function as Canada style then set the output to side marker.

The DRL setting style can be Canada, EU, or US I believe. Not sure if US allows the turn signal DRL.

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get this. There are 5 different menus for DRLs. Does that seem right?5669fb3b9f923e3b7a26ed60005fedc8.jpg

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got turn signal as DRL! Next question tho. My map lights won't turn on with key off. I thought they could always turn on regardless of if key is in ignition or not. Is that because of the Canada thing?