AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I order the parts installed the inverter plug and turned on recommended settings checked fuse and still no power to the inverter. The harness under the seat was not there. I received one that has heated/ vented seat wiring. Would I need to activate those options even though I don’t have those seats. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The inverter has to have a constant 12v sorce. Not sure what wiring you have installed but there is a wire that comes from the PDC to the inverter harness to power the inverter. If you don't have that wire you are going to need to add one. If you do have a constant 12v sorce to the inverter I would recommend checking all your wiring. Turning on all the heated/vented codes is not necessary. This option was available in trucks without it. I turned mine on almost two years ago before we had the ability to activate the codes. I ran all the wiring and just tapped the trigger wires to an ignition on positive at the power outlet and it works fine. Thought about actually connecting to the BCM and setting the codes now that we have the alpha tool but decided to just leave it the way it is for now because it works exactly the same. Also the wiring that is in the dash terminates before the inverter into the passenger side kick panel so unless you actually ran the wiring from the plug to the inverter you are going to need to do that as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anywhere you would recommend tapping into which is close to the inverter under the seat? What color wire for the inverter would I be searching for?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect got it working. I’m also changing the front turn signals to LED. Is there a front light DTC disable option as well?

Not quite sure, have not looked because I haven't had the need. I will be using it later today and if I think about it I'll take a look.

According to the "Ram Upfitters Guide", it was "Starting in 2016 model year, certain Ram truck configurations will have bulb out detection disabled from the factory on REAR FACING LIGHTING ONLY."

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anywhere you would recommend tapping into which is close to the inverter under the seat? What color wire for the inverter would I be searching for?

I went back in and actually added a little bit to my response to you so I recommend you read it again. The plug that's in your dash is not connected to the inverter the wiring stops right around your driver side kick panel you need to add that wiring as well in order for the inverter to work you can run 12 volt power directly from your battery to the inverter if you want to but if your truck is a Tradesman or lower trim level it does not have the 12 volt power going to the seat harness to operate the inverter. You can actually install the wire in the PDC (fuse box) if you contact M2mods and deer guy he can make you one then you just pop the PDC up install the wire and run it into your yellow seat plug on the passenger seat and that will power the inverter. In other words is not just as simple as installing a seat harness and thinking it's going to work you'll need to complete the connection between the inverter and the plug in your dash and you will need to run the power to the inverter and then it should work. You can also have M2 mods make you the harness to go from your seat plug to where the plug wiring terminates if your truck doesn't currently have the correct wiring which depending on the trim level and most likely does not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Perfect got it working. I’m also changing the front turn signals to LED. Is there a front light DTC disable option as well?

I have not been able to disable my front parking light DTC yet. I have tried switching to LED which did not work for me.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a moment so went out and looked. I don't see a "front lighting dtc disable" in the settings. There are various "lamp open circuit dtc enable" setting towards the bottom, but I'm not sure this will do what you're looking for?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a moment so went out and looked. I don't see a "front lighting dtc disable" in the settings. There are various "lamp open circuit dtc enable" setting towards the bottom, but I'm not sure this will do what you're looking for?

That is the other setting I couldn't remember. I have tried the LED and the lamp open circuit dtc enable settings. Neither of them worked for my truck sadly. Still living with my annoying lamp out message beeping at me every few minutes.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got it thanks for the clarification. When I get back into town I will start it.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
I have not been able to disable my front parking light DTC yet. I have tried switching to LED which did not work for me.

Interestingly, I just installed Sylvania Zevo 3157A bulbs for the front turn signals, and I have no errors.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Has anyone tried the setting: "CHMSL Line Customer Settings Menu"? Or just what is the menu that shows up?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried the setting: "CHMSL Line Customer Settings Menu"? Or just what is the menu that shows up?

I believe it’s supposed to cast a center line for the cargo camera. I enabled it on mine but I don’t have a true cargo camera setup so it did nothing.

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have purchased and installed the Mopar LED CHMSL with cargo camera.
The only item in the menu that I have seen for the Cargo Camera is the button in the controls to turn the cargo camera on and then toggle back and forth from the backup camera to the cargo camera.

CHMSL camera: Set
CHMSL line customer setting menu: Not set
LED CHMSL Lamp Present: Set
CHMSL Lamp Open Circuit DTC Enable: Not set
CHMSL Lamp Output Disable: Not set

I tried to enable the CHMSL line customer setting menu but did NOT see any change or extra setting in the menu, so I decided to disable the setting.

IMG_3615.jpg IMG_3616.jpg IMG_3617.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for confirming. From what I understand it’s supposed to add a CSM to the 8.4 screen to turn on/off a line down the middle. Making it easier for 5th wheel connecting.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Will this work with the uconnect 3 with 5 inch screen?
I have purchased and installed the Mopar LED CHMSL with cargo camera.
The only item in the menu that I have seen for the Cargo Camera is the button in the controls to turn the cargo camera on and then toggle back and forth from the backup camera to the cargo camera.

CHMSL camera: Set
CHMSL line customer setting menu: Not set
LED CHMSL Lamp Present: Set
CHMSL Lamp Open Circuit DTC Enable: Not set
CHMSL Lamp Output Disable: Not set

I tried to enable the CHMSL line customer setting menu but did NOT see any change or extra setting in the menu, so I decided to disable the setting.

View attachment 139271 View attachment 139272 View attachment 139273

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for confirming. From what I understand it’s supposed to add a CSM to the 8.4 screen to turn on/off a line down the middle. Making it easier for 5th wheel connecting.

I can try to enable the "CHMSL line customer setting menu" again and leave for a day or 2 to see if the setting shows up for the lines to connect a fifth wheel.

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I enabled the "CHMSL line customer setting menu" and went for a ride.
Did a soft reboot on the radio and the setting is there.

Problem: when I select the setting the check box will "uncheck" itself after a few seconds.

I connected the Power and Lin Bus as DeereGuy had posted to connect the cargo camera.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/installing-oem-backup-cam.53505/page-102#post-1404552

"After a few hours of looking at schematics I came across connector I440 that is located in the "C" pilllar on the drivers side right above the seat belt. Low and behold it had both the F923 power and Lin Bus CBC3 in it and better yet they were not pinned coming out the other side of the connector."

Connector I440 was already pinned in my truck...
May have to look at schematics again later

IMG_3618.jpg

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I enabled the "CHMSL line customer setting menu" and went for a ride.
Did a soft reboot on the radio and the setting is there.

Problem: when I select the setting the check box will "uncheck" itself after a few seconds.

I connected the Power and Lin Bus as DeereGuy had posted to connect the cargo camera.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/installing-oem-backup-cam.53505/page-102#post-1404552

"After a few hours of looking at schematics I came across connector I440 that is located in the "C" pilllar on the drivers side right above the seat belt. Low and behold it had both the F923 power and Lin Bus CBC3 in it and better yet they were not pinned coming out the other side of the connector."

Connector I440 was already pinned in my truck...
May have to look at schematics again later

View attachment 139286

Chamolie.....check to see if you have "Static Gridlines Enabled" in your settings. Should be near the "Dynamic Gridlines Enabled" setting. May work. I would think that the cargo camera would have a single line in the middle of the bed and not be an active (dynamic) line.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone run across any settings for the MPG readout? Any way to calibrate it or change the values? Mine is consistently 2 MPG higher then reality and was wondering if there is a way to get it a little closer?