AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Has anyone run across any settings for the MPG readout? Any way to calibrate it or change the values? Mine is consistently 2 MPG higher then reality and was wondering if there is a way to get it a little closer?

I wish I could do the same. Mine has been off as much as 3 MPG at times.

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Chamolie.....check to see if you have "Static Gridlines Enabled" in your settings. Should be near the "Dynamic Gridlines Enabled" setting. May work. I would think that the cargo camera would have a single line in the middle of the bed and not be an active (dynamic) line.

Enabled "Rear View Camera Static Grid Lines Enabled" this morning with no luck, system still unchecks the box after a few seconds.
Camera works 100%, possible that in connector I440 in the C-Pillar on the drivers side, I tied into PIN 8 for ground.
I may have to route the ground over to i340 mirror harness passenger side A-Pillar for Z911 ground.

BACK-UP-CAMERA-SYSTEM.jpg

Last edited:

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Any one tried updating the battery voltage regulator? I think there was a update to fix 16+ headlight flicker?

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So...anybody have one of these in the Seattle area? Hoping to enable my DRLs on my 2017 Laramie...after my local dealer said it can’t be done...will trade for case of favorite beer or?

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I read the entire thread and also looked at the Google drive document of confirmed add-ons, but I didn't see where someone added/enabled fog lights for a Tradesman truck. Forgive me if I overlooked it.

With all the stuff it does, surely it can enable this function.
I also have a compass module that come with my overhead console that I'd like to put in.

Can anyone confirm if either of these options are present?

I went ahead and ordered the OBD MX Bluetooth adapter anyway.

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this, as I think it's a really powerful tool and I'm excited about the possibilities.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read the entire thread and also looked at the Google drive document of confirmed add-ons, but I didn't see where someone added/enabled fog lights for a Tradesman truck. Forgive me if I overlooked it.

With all the stuff it does, surely it can enable this function.
I also have a compass module that come with my overhead console that I'd like to put in.

Can anyone confirm if either of these options are present?

I went ahead and ordered the OBD MX Bluetooth adapter anyway.

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this, as I think it's a really powerful tool and I'm excited about the possibilities.
I believe I have seen all of these present but can confirm for you while you wait for yours to come in. Along with the program, OBD MX and Android/Windows device you will also need the security bypass harness from DeereGuy for 18' trucks.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2018-ram-security-module-bypass.125133/#post-1801395

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So...anybody have one of these in the Seattle area? Hoping to enable my DRLs on my 2017 Laramie...after my local dealer said it can’t be done...will trade for case of favorite beer or?

The AlfaOBD software and the OBDLink MX costs together are about $125...well worth the price to purchase and have the capability not only for DRL, but other options as well. Also, supporting the software developer by purchasing AlfaOBD will help to motivate the continued development of the solution.

Disclaimer -- I am not associated in any way to AlfaOBD or OBDLink, just a very happy user!

Last edited:

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for looking into that...and for the reminder about the bypass harness. I PMed DeereGuy to place an order for one.

Found these settings with a quick scan through mine. Could have missed something though.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Android or Windows only. The first post should have a bit of info for you to read up on. You can also check out my sig for some additional information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turncoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Android or Windows only. The first post should have a bit of info for you to read up on. You can also check out my sig for some additional information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok will do. Thanks

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Just curious if anybody has successfully changed their tire size with AlfaOBD? Did it correct the Spedo? Did it correct the Trans Shift Points?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I got my bypass harness from m2 mods and as always quality is mint .
I used alpha obd2 today and enabled the memory mirror to set on both sides as well as the tilt csm.
Where is th icon suppose to show up on the screen .
Thanks for any help in advance .

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Im not sure how i did it but I think i enabled he compass in my truck. I was playing around with the app I selected something to do with the compass, and I dont recall selecting any changes cause I dont have the module, and now I had dash marks where the compass readout would be in the EVIC.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my bypass harness from m2 mods and as always quality is mint .
I used alpha obd2 today and enabled the memory mirror to set on both sides as well as the tilt csm.
Where is th icon suppose to show up on the screen .
Thanks for any help in advance .
It's under safety and driving assistance in your settings menu. Remember you have to have the correct mirrors or it will not work. My truck is a 2014 and for some reason when I select the option on my screen it unchecks itself but as far as I know my truck is the only one that seems to have that issue which is annoying. Also remember sometimes the truck has to go through a few sleep cycles before the option will show up on your screen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Just wanted to confirm part number and settings for anyone looking to add SMART BEAM (automatic high beams). I have a '17 2500, so my mics are in the headliner and not in the mirror. The correct part number for upgrading the auto dim mirror to SB in a '17 or newer Ram (no mics in mirror) is 68295862AA (listed as a "CONNECTED" mirror, meaning Assist/911/UConnect). Takes all of 10 minutes to install. You will also need a new cover (1YW14DX9AC Lower Cover). I used the 5 settings for SB listed in post #1 shown under "Auto High Beams". Also did the settings for the "DRL's" and "Global Down". All work like a charm.