AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
"there are lots of ways files can be copied to a memory device. if you have a way to flash an image of the factory flash this covers most of the tracks, the meta data is that of the factory flash so dates match the factory flash and checksums check out. images can be made from partitions or entire devices in which case they even hold the partition table. if the flash counter (there appears to be one i can see in AlfaOBD) uses the same memory device as the rest of the data and it can be mounted through the obd port it would be possible to overwrite everything and zero the flash counter unless the flash counter is something that writes to rom after the flash completes. but if computer prevents you from mounting the entire rom, and instead limits you to a specific partition or set of partitions or the counter is a hardware device with it's own small memory then it would be more complicated to zero the counter but not necessarily impossible. it's surely possible to keep everything zero'd from a j-tag device but that means opening the ecu and leaving physical evidence. you could try to argue that opening the ecu was done to perform a repair but that's up to the owner to risk. if someone gets a flash tune and wants to check the counter AlfaOBD may help you figure that out, or find a sympathetic dealer.

some people prefer to use archives or just copy contents over images because if would ignore data without file headers and be more compressible and smaller, this is good for backups of computers so you dont use up excess space, the copy might also go faster, but this is a place where you can leave "tracks" where as an image would have every bit of data from the factory rom even useless ones that don't effect anything but the checksum.

lets be serious you can always go with buying a spare ecu and having a dealer vin match it to your car. afterward you can flash tune one of the ecus and leave the other stock for warranty reasons. do we really need a thread to presumably deter people from flash tuning, and well, do people really think Jan has no social skills? i mean he is nothing compared to torkme and those guys have plenty of happy customers on the board."

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/archive/index.php/t-19444.html

Thanks for helping guys, more ppl that would request this feature or if we dive hard enough into it, maybe it's already here

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes basically any tune from aftermarket vendors that are using obd to do a ecu engine tune or a tcm tranny tune, I believe the flash count is looked at dealers as just any obd flash counts, there are reports if they see higher then 3 then it becomes very suspicious, (warranty denial) since supposedly they are to reset the counter back to 0 after anytime they update it
As far as the rams go, alfa cannot see the pcm flash count. Even if it could, it wouldn’t be able to change it, since that part of the pcm is unlocked. FCA doesn’t even need to see the flash count to tell if a truck has been tuned before, anyway. It’s all the other data as a whole. A CTD truck would be simple to know, because all they have to do is see the PCM has been unlocked. FCA is NOT clueless to tuners, and I’d be willing to bet they could tell WHO’S tunes were on the truck by looking at data logs. I would rather the people that choose to tune just man up and accept responsibility for running the truck out of manufacturer spec, than try to deceive the dealer when they have a warranty issue.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Pcm don't need to be unlocked for 1500, we have tuners that can bench flash ecu and now obd flashes using obd plug in devices. However from what the ram ecodiesel forum is saying dealers really dunno anything about the flash since their computers can't depict anything, so they would literally have to download the entire ecu and upload it to fca to review, they rarely do this and that is why ppl point to obd # of flash counts as a first "sign"

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where you able to set your air ride properly? where you able to get the front end to level? I've tried setting 80/80/55/55 with some success but i the front left is sagging. no matter what setting i put for the front left, i can't get it to raise more than 4 1/2" from center of fender to top of tire.

Did it change the height in all corners (except the front left) to your values 80 and 55?

Timberwolf2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thought I would also post some shots for the Windows people we have here. It is essentially the same. Instead of the symbols you get at the bottom of the screen on Android, in the Windows version it is a menu bar across the top.

Status connected..
68144ac70be0e40856dcf4963f81b6ab.jpg

Program customer features menu..
c433c1bc66e9920eee38a809e3e2f9aa.jpg
Car configuration change menu..
1e696efd60dfeba6525e2bd1edeceaa0.jpg
Example of making changes in car configuration change menu...
f22b65cedf8d09f1f2d493c8ae4262ba.jpg
Example of reading system ID
ac6394fdc28e82e2dbd51fbc9fe3e7b4.jpg
Checking for faults
7be7dffed03eebea5e65c91a4a91fa14.jpg

Edit: If you have trouble connecting the first time like I did and it is giving you a COM error. Check the COM port number in Windows Device Manager. Once you have device manager pulled up you should see the following screen.

View attachment 136643

Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)

View attachment 136644

Take note of the ports yours has listed. There must be two COM ports created by Windows for the OBDLink interface for the incoming and outgoing. You need to select the outgoing port in the program (see the Start tab in advanced mode). Just try both ports, one of them should work. Alternatively you can check which port is outgoing in the Windows “Bluetooth devices”.
Credit to dev

"The "Port" won't be there till it's created. Connect the OBD MX to the computer then check Device Manager for Bluetooth/COM port numbers." @crash68
https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1883141/

I have a question. I am trying to connect to my 18 2500 via an SX USB cable and I am getting no interface connection. I have active com port on PC, but would the SX link be the issue? I have a security bypass cable from Zautomotive. I appreciate any ideas.

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did it change the height in all corners (except the front left) to your values 80 and 55?

yes it changed i changed it to 80/80/55/55 and see it when i view configuration, but still seeing a 1 inch lower on the front left. I was asking the question because i hit start on the change ride hight hoping to see the values, but it did something, like level or something, and i havn't been able to get ride of the rake. The dealer i saw befor level my air suspension but i didn't take notes to what the values were before played with the settings :/

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes it changed i changed it to 80/80/55/55 and see it when i view configuration, but still seeing a 1 inch lower on the front left. I was asking the question because i hit start on the change ride hight hoping to see the values, but it did something, like level or something, and i havn't been able to get ride of the rake. The dealer i saw befor level my air suspension but i didn't take notes to what the values were before played with the settings :/

So basically you are now higher than stock but the front left is still lower than the front right, correct?

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that is correct

What if you would raise only the front left? That way it would be even on the front.

Or what if you would raise the front left and the rear left and right? That way it would be even in the front without rake.

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What if you would raise only the front left? That way it would be even on the front.

Or what if you would raise the front left and the rear left and right? That way it would be even in the front without rake.
I just done that, I set 80lf/70rf/53lr/50rr . its much better now i get 1/2' difference in front with the right side being lower.

I've been playing with it since this morning. the rear no has an 1" difference. Theres a logic to these numbers and the air system i think, i have't figured it out yet

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just done that, I set 80lf/70rf/53lr/50rr . its much better now i get 1/2' difference in front with the right side being lower.

I've been playing with it since this morning. the rear no has an 1" difference. Theres a logic to these numbers and the air system i think, i have't figured it out yet

Nice!
Good news is that it works....but it seems to be a trial and error method...LOL...

From what I read almost everybody with air suspension has a lower front left anyway. Me also: 1 inch.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice!
Good news is that it works....but it seems to be a trial and error method...LOL...

From what I read almost everybody with air suspension has a lower front left anyway. Me also: 1 inch.
Same here but on my 2019 Grand Cherokee TH, with air suspension. About 1" lower, in the front... and I hate it.

Ugh...

I may have to play with this, to see if I can level it out.

Bob

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
We have a new edition in the family, a 2016 Bighorn.

If anyone with the same ride has listed their mods a link would be great.
I seen some shared in the OP but not 2016 BH specific.

Thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks
It doesn't matter what the trim level is when it comes to enabling codes. None of this stuff is trim level or year specific for the 13 to 18 trucks. Every truck has all the codes stored in the BCM no matter what trim level it is. You can pretty much add any options you want. Since your truck is a Bighorn it will have more of the wiring in place tha some of the lower trim level trucks but not as much as the highest trim level trucks. Any wiring you may need can be added yourself or in many cases can be made by M2mods. Best case scenario is to read through the known working codes list at the beginning of the thread and decide what options you would like to add. Some of the popular ones are Heated/Vented Seats and Heated Steering Wheel,Memory Seats and mirrors,ATC,Push Button Start,Proximity Entry,DRL's,Auto High Beam,Power Fold Mirrors.ect. your truck may have some of these options already but this is just a few you can add.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks

I would say Push to start is the best mod right along side with the 8.4/ATC in my SLT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank A Rappel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Don't forget TPMS!! That's a must if you go with bigger tires and the max for them are 65psi cold.
I had asked my dealer for almost 2 yrs and they kept saying it didn't work. I finally bought the alfaOBD and the MX reader and did it myself in just a few minutes with the help of all the posts and working codes description. Big thank you to all!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks

2017 Big Horn, but same idea

Added:

Keyless Enter N Go (that was the biggest mod, but fun!)
Automatic high beams
Chrome capped mirrors from a Harvest Edition, which allowed me to enable tilt in reverse
Disabled fog light dropout (no hardware necessary)
Enabled global down, to roll the windows down from the keyfob (no hardware necessary)
Factory front heated seats
Modifystreet headlights, with Alfa to enable and disable the correct stuff so resistors and adapters are not required
Factory LED taillights, custom pigtail harness to interface with truck wiring without cutting anything, with Alfa to enable and disable the correct stuff so resistors and adapters are not required

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here but on my 2019 Grand Cherokee TH, with air suspension. About 1" lower, in the front... and I hate it.

Ugh...

I may have to play with this, to see if I can level it out.

Bob

befor doing any config changes. go read the system status of the air ride module and take notes of you current ride hight.. I did not do this so lesson learned :D

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can the engine fan speed be adjusted? Or for when it turns on/off?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

terrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I installed a factory brake controller last week. I made the 4 changes required to activate it. I can see the trailer brake in my list of settings but I can't select any trailers and I'm showing a "no trailer" icon in red on the center display.

Am I missing something? What causes the red no trailer icon normally?